• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
They got killed off and there hadn't been a ssj in decades if not centuries. No one had any reason to assume they were hot shit.

Well, Shin should have known given he's a Kai.

I guess it's really King Kai's fault for not sending him routine reports.

Though why Shin didn't stop by and ask King Kai what has happening in his quadrant first before doing all that "let them suck off Gohan" plan...

J4g3r

I really hope these attackers end up being the U6 Namekians, would explain why no one has noticed them yet.

Also holy shit Tien doing something.

Skeeter49

Oooh, the suspense!
No Roshi mention? Is he out?

Not necessarily.
If Roshi is doing the mafuba, and we assume he doesn't die/ get disqualified, I think the big twist will be Roshi mastered it, but it drains him like crazy, so he's most likely exhausted and is joining Caulifla, Kale, and Dyspo in the irrelevant until fully healed club.

I really hope these attackers end up being the U6 Namekians, would explain why no one has noticed them yet.

Also holy shit Tien doing something.
Why would Namekians attack their own universe? Doctor is from U6, and he's the first one attacked. Unless they're aiming for Gohan/ Piccolo and hit him by mistake.

It isn't about mastery with the Evil Containment Wave. It's how stressful the sealing process is. If someone is stronger that the sealer, they die like Roshi to King Piccolo. Trunks didn't die sealing Zamasu since they were about even in power.
Good point.
Maybe that's where the whole "he's gotten a lot stronger" comment from Goku plays in. The person he uses it on he's stronger then/ about even with them.

HeroR

Not necessarily.
If Roshi is doing the mafuba, and we assume he doesn't die/ get disqualified, I think the big twist will be Roshi mastered it, but it drains him like crazy, so he's most likely exhausted and is joining Caulifla, Kale, and Dyspo in the irrelevant until fully healed club.

Why would Namekians attack their own universe? Doctor is from U6, and he's the first one attacked. Unless they're aiming for Gohan/ Piccolo and hit him by mistake.

It isn't about mastery with the Evil Containment Wave. It's how stressful the sealing process is. If someone is stronger that the sealer, they die like Roshi to King Piccolo. Trunks didn't die sealing Zamasu since they were about even in power.

J4g3r

"Out of action" doesn't necessarily mean eliminated, maybe he was just in their way? I just really want these Namekians to clash with Gohan and Piccolo - Hoping they're "bad guys" too.

Not just something, he's gonna save Jobhan and Jobbolo.

Still hurting from that beating Gohan gave Tien? :(

Style

Banned
It's not the Namekians. It's the two missing fighters from Universe 4. Tenshinhan being the only one to sense them has been foreshadowed since the team introductions.

Zero mention of
Goku in 106 makes me happy. Glad to see Gohan and Piccolo getting more action (And it's a Shimanuki episode!!!)! Also glad it doesn't spoil what happens in 105.

The Specials are interesting, it says they are specifically One Piece and Dragon Ball Super specials, but mentions a collaboration preview that will be made available on the One Piece site. I wonder if it just means collaboration because they are being made together, or if maybe they share the same basic plot or something.
So assuming the special is not an hour long episode that means a 2 week break between between episodes 108 and 109.

What? That's not how I understood it works.

Back in Dragon Ball Roshi stated that it drains you so much that it kills you. Tenshinhan later perfected it (back when he was cool) so it wouldn't kill the user, but it was never stated that the difference in power between the user and the victim has anything to do with the user dying after using it.

IIRC, in Super Roshi said it would kill him because he's old? I don't recall that scene all that well. I guess his couple of ours training was good enough for him to not die from it.

I-hate-u

Since when was it Tien's role to locate people? Everyone could do that and the first that started so was Popo then Goku.

Since when was it Tien's role to locate people? Everyone could do that and the first that started so was Popo then Goku.

Well, the writers are looking for any situations that can give these characters at least some little time in the spotlight. Ki is not traceable on that ring, so it is a situation where Tenshinhan's third eye can be used.

I-hate-u

Well, the writers are looking for any situations that can give these characters at least some little time in the spotlight. Ki is not traceable on that ring, so it is a situation where Tenshinhan's third eye can be used.

Talk about an asspull. I don't recall him using his third eye ever.

HeroR

What? That's not how I understood it works.

Back in Dragon Ball Roshi stated that it drains you so much that it kills you. Tenshinhan later perfected it (back when he was cool) so it wouldn't kill the user, but it was never stated that the difference in power between the user and the victim has anything to do with the user dying after using it.

IIRC, in Super Roshi said it would kill him because he's old? I don't recall that scene all that well. I guess his couple of ours training was good enough for him to not die from it.

Tien only practiced the Evil Containment Wave, never used it in battle in the manga. It was never said that the Evil Containment Wave kills by practice. And it was never said anywhere that Tien perfect it.

It's not the Namekians. It's the two missing fighters from Universe 4. Tenshinhan being the only one to sense them has been foreshadowed since the team introductions.

Tien being the one to save Gohan and Piccolo will be some delicious irony given how this thread has been up til now.

HeroR

Adding to that, was his ability in the second tourney to copy any technique just by seeing it once.
His eyes being OP was basically always a thing, and just kinda common sense the three eyed guy sees a lil better.

Copying abilities upon seeing it isn't a new thing since Goku did that years before Tien and better at the 21st tournament.

And Goku turned Tien's 'OP' eyes against him by blinding him, with his own technique.

I was going to say that there weren't many techniques in Z worth copying but then I remembered instant transmission.

Nothing in the show suggests Instant Transmission can be copied just by looking since it took Goku, the original copycat, a year to learn it. The only person who copied teleportation was Kid Buu.

MaddenNFL64

Can Vegeta use SSG as well, since he y'know, can fucking go SSGSSJ?

Sorry if this was discussed before, but damnit, Vegeta needs more transformations.

Copying abilities upon seeing it isn't a new thing since Goku did that years before Tien and better at the 21st tournament.

And Goku turned Tien's 'OP' eyes against him by blinding him, with his own technique.

Nothing in the show suggests Instant Transmission can be copied just by looking since it took Goku, the original copycat, a year to learn it. The only person who copied teleportation was Kid Buu.

Gokus ability to copy was fantastic, but it wasn't shown to be half as good as Tiens.
Like his version of 4 witches, which unless I'm mis remembering was just him using after image to make it look like he had more arms.
Unfortunately the copy gimmick for Tien was used for Mafuba and Kamehameha and then forgotten forever. And for good reason, Tien would be overpowered as hell right now, and would break Toriyama's 'humans suck' rule.
Also, yes, blinding someone effects their eyes.

Gokus ability to copy was fantastic, but it wasn't shown to be half as good as Tiens.
Like his version of 4 witches, which unless I'm mis remembering was just him using after image to make it look like he had more arms.
Unfortunately the copy gimmick for Tien was used for Mafuba and Kamehameha and then forgotten forever. And for good reason, Tien would be overpowered as hell right now, and would break Toriyama's 'humans suck' rule.

Part of me still wishes Tien would bust out a Kaioken. He spent like what, 6 months training on King Kai's planet but that never got referenced again lol

HeroR

The Four Witches is a racial trait of Tien's alien background and has nothing to do with the After Image. You're thinking of Goku who copied King Champa's Eight Fists technique that make it appeared he has eight arms.

So again, Goku's copied ability was shown to be better than Tien's since nothing Goku didn't just copied, he outright improved the technique on the fly. And it wasn't forgotten since Goku was always better at it, yet he hasn't been able to just copy in years.

And as Goku put it, Tien's weakness during the 23 World Martial Arts Tournament was that his eyes were too good and he depended on them too much. Goku was blinded too, yet knew exactly where Tien was and what he was doing. So Tien's eyes were a hinder to him.

MaddenNFL64

Part of me still wishes Tien would bust out a Kaioken. He spent like what, 6 months training on King Kai's planet but that never got referenced again lol

Why the fuck didn't King Kai teach that technique to all the Z fighters he had on his planet? Piccolo, Tien, even fucking Yamcha could have been way more useful if they knew that shit.

HeroR

Why the fuck didn't King Kai teach that technique to all the Z fighters he had on his planet? Piccolo, Tien, even fucking Yamcha could have been way more useful if they knew that shit.

Piccolo was only on King Kai's planet for six days.

And the humans would still be useless unless they can crack the Kaioken to 50x and that would briefly make them comparable to a Super Saiyan. That is if their bodies don't explode.

MaddenNFL64

Piccolo was only on King Kai's planet for six days.

And the humans would still be useless unless they can crack the Kaioken to 50x and that would briefly make them comparable to a Super Saiyan. That is if their bodies don't explode.

With the weird power scaling in Super, X50 Kaioken Yamcha would probably push Goku to go SSG in a sparring match :p.

The Four Witches is a racial trait of Tien's alien background and has nothing to do with the After Image. You're thinking of Goku who copied King Champa's Eight Fists technique that make it appeared he has eight arms.

So again, Goku's copied ability was shown to be better than Tien's. And it wasn't forgotten since Goku was always better at it, yet he hasn't been able to just copy in years.

I hate having to go to YouTube when I was right. It was 8 arms though, but was still against Tien.
And throwing the asspull of genetic abilities(like wth do you think multi form is), you haven't provided a shred of proof Goku was the better copy cat. Taking three years to learn solar flare? Krillin did it in one, so Goku is a distant 3rd place as it stands.

HeroR

I hate having to go to YouTube when I was right. It was 8 arms though, but was still against Tien.
And throwing the asspull of genetic abilities(like wth do you think multi form is), you haven't provided a shred of proof Goku was the better copy cat. Taking three years to learn solar flare? Krillin did it in one, so Goku is a distant 3rd place as it stands.

That is what I said. Goku copied King Champa's Eight Fist technique. Tien's Four Witches wasn't copied and is in fact a racial trait of his alien descendant.

The Multi-form isn't racial. Tien learned it off scene during the time skip between the King Piccolo Saga and the 23rd tournament.

Also, who says it took Goku three years to learn the Solar Flare? Also, Krillin did it in one is factually wrong since Krillin say the Solar Flare the same time Goku did and he didn't do it until Namek. Meaning it took Krillin nine years.

Goku a distance third....yeah:

Learned the Kamehameha just by seeing it once. It took Krillin over three years despite seeing the Kamehameha used several times.

Learned the After Image after seeing Jackie Chun used it against Krillin. Krillin didn't make his first After Image until the 22nd tournament against Goku.

Jackie Chun used a double After Image against Goku, Goku copies it and did one better by making three.

Goku copied King Champa's Eight Fists technique from the preliminaries and used it against Tien's Four Witches technique. What made this funny was at first, everyone thought Goku was going to copy the Four Witches technique.

Goku copied the Solar Flare and used it effectively against its own creator. Krillin didn't used it until Namek, which is nine years after he first saw it.

Goku copied Krillin's Destructo Disk when Tien hasn't, and this is despite a lot of the cast knowing it like Vegeta and 18.

Tien in comparison copied the Kamehameha, After Image (still got outplayed by Goku when he tried to used it), and the Evil Containment Wave. So Tien have three copied techniques to his name while Goku has six. Seven if we want to count the Super manga giving Goku Haki.

LiamExe

So spoilers have arrived 🤔 Gonna have to avoid YT thumbnails like the plague.

With the twists and turns and general craziness Super takes it's hard to distinguish the clickbait thumbnails from the real ones, which is something to take comfort in I guess, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom