• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeroR

With Gohan wearing Piccolo's gi in the manga version of the Tournament of Power arc, I wonder if we'll see him using Piccolo's techniques...

You can't really say Gohan is wearing Piccolo's gi in the manga version of the Tournament of Power based on the cover.

NeonZ

You can't really say Gohan is wearing Piccolo's gi in the manga version of the Tournament of Power based on the cover.

Do you mean because the story might have a different design, or are you talking about the cover itself? There were several wallpaper variations, and one of them makes it clear that he has the same sash as Piccolo, so it's not the Buu Saga gi. The only part we haven't seen are the shoes.

HeroR

Do you mean because the story might have a different design, or are you talking about the cover itself? There were several wallpaper variations, and one of them makes it clear that he has the same sash as Piccolo, so it's not the Buu Saga gi. The only part we haven't seen are the shoes.

I'm saying we don't know what manga Gohan will wear to the tournament in the manga and it's too say to say he will way Piccolo's gi based on a cover.

That's why I like it. Zamasu wins.

He got erased from existence along with his 'perfect' world. He didn't win.

ElFly

I'm saying we don't know what manga Gohan will wear to the tournament in the manga and it's too say to say he will way Piccolo's gi based on a cover.

he was half ningen by that point, so he should have been erased

NeonZ

It'd be really weird if everyone else was there with their tournament outfits but Gohan's is a random one off, but we'll see, I guess.

LotusHD

Banned
Black arc has the darkest ending in the series? I mean everyone dies in that timeline, even the little kids who motivated Trunks.

Best ending ever, the Dragonballs can't fix that shit lmao

That Vegeta beatdown is one of my favorites of that arc.

I never really understood why people love it so much, because it kind of ignores that at the end of the day, Black is still stronger than the dude, and that he embarrassed him earlier on. Not to mention the reluctance to show battle damage, so it doesn't even look like Black is that injured by it. It's like, okay, Vegeta is acting cool right now, but then you remember that he got his ass whooped before and it just kind of sours the whole beatdown for me.

But that's Vegeta in general, where he always acts like that I suppose.

caliph95

Why wouldn't he? He's making those filthy ningen fight for their lives, it's the ultimate way to execute his Zero Ningen plan, and he doesn't have to do shit other than watch.
Yeah but the beautiful universe and planets are getting erased as well
He wanted to destroy ningen not everything

He was an ultra hippy

Ashodin

He won, then he lost. Still won.

HeroR

He won, then he lost. Still won.

He got erased, the utopia he tried to create got erased, and the people he despised the most still lived.

He didn't win anything.

He'll just use the Dragon Balls to bring back all destroyed universes. Unpopulated.

Assuming Zen'o allows that. He said there are too many universes and probably won't like someone putting them back after he erased them.

Best ending ever, the Dragonballs can't fix that shit lmao

I never really understood why people love it so much, because it kind of ignores that at the end of the day, Black is still stronger than the dude, and that he embarrassed him earlier on. Not to mention the reluctance to show battle damage, so it doesn't even look like Black is that injured by it. It's like, okay, Vegeta is acting cool right now, but then you remember that he got his ass whooped before and it just kind of sours the whole beatdown for me.

But that's Vegeta in general, where he always acts like that I suppose.

A lot of cool moments in the series are kinda undermined by things that happen later (especially with Vegeta). It was still cool in the moment imo. I also think he was definitely stronger than Black for a majority of that time forward until they fused, which was pretty impressive in and of itself.

HeroR

A lot of cool moments in the series are kinda undermined by things that happen later (especially with Vegeta). It was still cool in the moment imo. I also think he was definitely stronger than Black for a majority of that time forward until they fused, which was pretty impressive in and of itself.

Black became stronger the moment he realized that Saiyans got stronger by anger. He then spent his remaining time screwing with Goku and Vegeta with his clones and wanted them to get stronger.

Black became stronger the moment he realized that Saiyans got stronger by anger. He then spent his remaining time screwing with Goku and Vegeta with his clones and wanted them to get stronger.

I still think it's debatable who was stronger at that point, and ultimtely inconclusive. We've had this discussion before. His feat was still impressive nonetheless in my eyes.

Daingurse

I am too, but it was still satisfying to see him get beat up lol.

This wink sealed the deal to me. He had to be trashed.

That actually added some character to Dyspo for me, I liked the cockiness! It honestly felt warranted as a viewer after seeing this man knock Hit on his ass. HIT! Like, this is fucking Hit we're talking about here. It added so much weight to pretty much all of Dyspo's actions.

I was totally on board the Dyspo train after seeing this weird shot, haha:

jG7Swiw.jpg

That actually added some character to Dyspo for me, I liked the cockiness! It honestly felt warranted as a viewer after seeing this man knock Hit on his ass. HIT! Like, this is fucking Hit we're talking about here. It added so much weight to pretty much all of Dyspo's actions.

Let's just say I have a love hate relationship with Dyspo. I ultimately do enjoy him though.

HardRojo

You can't have a civil war with a person who can erased you by just lifting their hand. It would be a shorter battle than Multiverse Merged Zamasu vs. Future Zen'o.

Just for the record, I'm not being serious with the whole Zamasu is Future Zeno thing. I do believe there's a chance a civil war might break out, and if it does they'll figure some plot reason for it to be possible I suppose.

Ashodin

He got erased, the utopia he tried to create got erased, and the people he despised the most still lived.

He didn't win anything.

Up until he got erased, he had what he wanted (albeit probably not aware of it as an eldritch horror with no mind) - everything except him ceased to exist (besides Goku and co). He was in the middle of killing Goku and co until Zeno basically literally Deus Ex Machina'd him away.

I'd consider that a win, but not a total win.

Then he lost by being deleted.

I can't wait to read Toonami-bros when they see it.

Up until he got erased, he had what he wanted (albeit probably not aware of it as an eldritch horror with no mind) - everything except him ceased to exist (besides Goku and co). He was in the middle of killing Goku and co until Zeno basically literally Deus Ex Machina'd him away.

I think he had reason judging by his reaction to Zeno erasing him.

Reivaxe

Just for the record, I'm not being serious with the whole Zamasu is Future Zeno thing. I do believe there's a chance a civil war might break out, and if it does they'll figure some plot reason for it to be possible I suppose.

I feel like the reason we have 2 Zeno is for them to destroy each other and let the meaty shit start happening.

HeroR

Zen'o isn't a literally Deus Ex Machina since a Deus Ex Machina is a plot device that comes out of nowhere to resolve a problem and that Zen'o button was introduced even before Goku went to the future the first time. Goku could have summoned Zen'o at any time.

Zamasu was also not in the middle of killing the main characters since he wasn't even attacking them when Goku summoned Zen'o. He was too busy laughing as floating heads.

Getting closed to complete victory, isn't a victor, He lost, plain and simple. Although the heroes can barely claimed a victory, they still lived to fight another day unlike Zamasu who is literally nothing.

Mory Dunz

The dialogue between Dyspo and Hit was the best so far in this arc. Since it created some tension and somewhat realistic personality clash

stuff like the Magical girls dialogue vs 17 and goku? nothing intriguing there.

sigh, that arc...

Justinh

No one won.
Zen Oh kinda won. He got a "new" friend.

...which makes me wonder. What happens to the place from where future Zen Oh came? How important is he really to the universes of his time? Does Grand Priest take over in his absence? Does he get insane with authority and doesn't want to give up power if future Zen Oh ever went back?

Black arc has the darkest ending in the series? I mean everyone dies in that timeline, even the little kids who motivated Trunks.
Yes and I love it for it.

Yeah, I love the darker stuff. My favorite part of Z was when the artificial humans were just murderin' folk left and right and kicking the crap out of "the Z warriors" at the beginning of the Cell arc.

I've been holding on to this for a while, but an opportunity to post it as a response never did come up. So I'm just going to post it anyways...

Morlas

Zeno-sama is the worst villain in the history of Dragon Ball, he's already in this show accumulated a higher body count than anyone else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom