• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish they would do one expanding Future Trunks battle with Babidi and Dabura.

Please. This. More Future Trunks. It was done really well in the manga. Would be cool to know what happened to Buu's egg since it cant really be destroyed, at least by a SSJ2. There is still a chance that it can be hatched.

Tien being the "master of copy" is said no where in the manga. All Tien said was that he can easily copy techniques like the Kamehameha. If you're going to make a point, at least don't make stuff up. Tien also fought Yamcha, but didn't bother to copy the Wolf Fang Fist. He also didn't copy Roshi's hypnotism, despite him seeing the fight with Man Wolf. Instead, he copied two techniques that we saw Goku copied three years ago. And Goku couldn't copy the Four Witches since it's literally a racial move. Flying is more ki control than copying, but I never claimed Goku can copy everything like you're pushing with Tien.

You're the one making up canon by claiming Tien is a copy master when no such statements exist no where. And, pet peeve, it's canon not 'cannon'.

"Tien can copy anything", is quite frankly your hesdcanon disproven several times in the manga, which you try to hand wave as 'Toriyama forgot'.

1 I said 'presented as', not 'it sayz'. If you're gonna run to semantics in desperation, you could at least get it right.
2. No way, why wouldn't he copy a joke move and a useless Yamcha move.
3. Can I write it hesdcanon since cannon pisses you off so much?

4. I don't how to write it any other way. He's presented as a master of copying moves. He copied every move of worth in the tourney. Its even the set up for him learning the Mafuba from Roshi. Twist it anyway you need to. Truth, he only has one real fight after the 23rd, against Nappa. I guess not copying the mouth blast or something, clearly would have let him win if he had and not been a complete waste of time, proves everything in 22nd and piccolo was a dream. Whatever.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Tien being the "master of copy" is said no where in the manga. All Tien said was that he can easily copy techniques like the Kamehameha. If you're going to make a point, at least don't make stuff up. Tien also fought Yamcha, but didn't bother to copy the Wolf Fang Fist. He also didn't copy Roshi's hypnotism, despite him seeing the fight with Man Wolf. Instead, he copied two techniques that we saw Goku copied three years ago. And Goku couldn't copy the Four Witches since it's literally a racial move. Flying is more ki control than copying, but I never claimed Goku can copy everything like you're pushing with Tien.

You're the one making up canon by claiming Tien is a copy master when no such statements exist any where and it was a boost from Tien saying that he can easily copied no level stuff like the Kamehameha. And, pet peeve, it's canon not 'cannon'.

"Tien can copy anything", is quite frankly your hesdcanon disproven several times in the manga, which you try to hand wave as 'Toriyama forgot'.
Just wait til Tien Blue happens and he copies Gohan's rage on top of it.

You're the one making up canon by claiming Tien is a copy master when no such statements exist any where and it was a boost from Tien saying that he can easily copied no level stuff like the Kamehameha. And, pet peeve, it's canon not 'cannon'.

Gohan called it easy, compared to going Super Saiyan, not that it was the easiest thing in the world to learn. Gohan also said anyone can use ki, yet look at how many ki users existed in early Dragon Ball. Goten and Videl had to be taught ti fly, they just didn't pick it up watching others do it.
Videl asked him, and Gohan said yeah anyone should be able to learn how to fly

Gohan also told Goten that if he is already able to go super Saiyan it shouldn't take him long to learn to fly

Both things were said.

Please. This. More Future Trunks. It was done really well in the manga. Would be cool to know what happened to Buu's egg since it cant really be destroyed, at least by a SSJ2. There is still a chance that it can be hatched.

It's a perfect chance to have a Black and Zamasu cameo lol.

I just want more of them.

:(

Skii

I suppose it's not too surprising given his role as the second lead for most of the arc already. Coupled with last week's VJump tease I imagine he'll be present quite a bit going forward too.

I'm just wary given the history of the Buu saga and Super up until the end of the Trunks arc. I was just expecting him to feature a lot later in this arc when there's only 3-4 of U7 left. Good to see he's getting the proper treatment. Just hoping it all does him justice in the end.

Maddness

Gohan hates tien???

There are many rage plot points in this show.
vegeta_s_tears_by_justgeoffsart-d9d9psq.jpg

Skeeter49

I'd be down for either a Future Trunks special, or U6 special. Anything else and I'd be a little disappointed.

I need to try watching One Piece again.
If it's a crossover with One piece characters, then meh until I get back into OP.

HeroR

1 I said 'presented as', not 'it sayz'. If you're gonna run to semantics in desperation, you could at least get it right.
2. No way, why wouldn't he copy a joke move and a useless Yamcha move.
3. Can I write it hesdcanon since cannon pisses you off so much?

4. I don't how to write it any other way. He's presented as a master of copying moves. He copied every move of worth in the tourney. Its even the set up for him learning the Mafuba from Roshi. Twist it anyway you need to. Truth, he only has one real fight after the 23rd, against Nappa. I guess not copying the mouth blast or something, clearly would have let him win if he had and not been a complete waste of time, proves everything in 22nd and piccolo was a dream. Whatever.

Presented and statements are two different things, especially in Dragon Ball. And 'desperation', if you say so.

So he didn't copy the Wolf Fang Fist because it's a joke. Nice headcanon there. And I guess hyponism was a waste of time too.

Do whatever you want since you will make stuff up regardless.

Tien being a copy master is a self proclaimed boost like Vegeta calling himself the strongest in the universe during the Saiyan Saga. And he never claimed he could copy anything in his boost. He said that something like the Kamehameha was easy to copy. It was a slam against the Turtle School that they had such piss easy techniques that he could just copy them. And 'copy every move of worth' just comes off as you covering your butt since he didn't copy everything.

He can 'copy anything' according to you, so why not. Especially since Nappa was murdering them. Oh, it because he's too 'good' for it just like he's too good to copy Krillin's disc technique or Yamcha's Spirit Ball.

Videl asked him, and Gohan said yeah anyone should be able to learn how to fly

Gohan also told Goten that if he is already able to go super Saiyan it shouldn't take him long to learn to fly

Both things were said.

Gohan also said anyone can control ki. It doesn't make it an easy thing.

HardRojo

Most of 103 looked fine though. Even Tate's part was better than his usual.
That Piccolo though... that was bullshit. I think I've already made it clear that I don't like how Gohan looks most of the time in Super, I think they should stick closer to his Z model and decide at once how to draw his Ultimate look, as the bang ends up looking really weird in several shots.

So some potentially interesting news, the amazon preorder listings went up for the next 3 Super Bluray boxes in Japan, but box 11 covers episodes 121-133, making it 13 episodes instead of the regular 12.
Could mean nothing, maybe they are just upping the episode count, or maybe it actually does mean something.
In the off chance that 133 is the end of Super the show will absolutely be followed up immediately by a sequel series due to how much the IP is making right now.

So some potentially interesting news, the amazon preorder listings went up for the next 3 Super Bluray boxes in Japan, but box 11 covers episodes 121-133, making it 13 episodes instead of the regular 12.
Could mean nothing, maybe they are just upping the episode count, or maybe it actually does mean something.
In the off chance that 133 is the end of Super the show will absolutely be followed up immediately by a sequel series due to how much the IP is making right now.

I don't want it to end.

:(

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Time to pre-order.

Magwik

Banned
I'm surprised there's not much speculation in here about what the TV special might be.
It seemed like the TV special was part of the One Piece crossover. With them being advertised back to back that's how I read it at least. The safest bet is a one off of Goten and Trunks on the island or a heavily condensed Future Trunks arc.

When Super ends there will 100% be a follow up series that takes place post Z. Remember, there are 4 more unexplored universes (8 if you count the erased ones), there's U6's earth and teases like Vegeta going to Plant, Uub, Pan going SSJ and another Goku vs Beerus showdown.

Dragonball is going to be around for a long long time so I wouldn't worry.

It seemed like the TV special was part of the One Piece crossover. With them being advertised back to back that's how I read it at least. The safest bet is a one off of Goten and Trunks on the island or a heavily condensed Future Trunks arc.

They're two separate TV specials, One Piece on October 1st and Dragon Ball Super on October 8th. They say it's a collab of some kind, but they don't mention them being crossovers.

NeonZ

It's part of an One Piece collaboration, but at this point it seems like the only collaboration aspect is that each show will be giving their timeslot to the other one for one week. Each special is listed separately, and specifically as One Piece special one week and DBS special another week, so it doesn't sound like they're going to be crossover stories.

Goku is used in the promo image, so I don't think it'd be a side-story focused on someone else. So, right now, I'm expecting something like the old Z movies. Still, without any solid information, this is all very speculative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom