• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supast4r

lol if anyone gets a power boost that would make the gods (of destruction) look puny. Then again, that would be in the DBS aisle of bullfuckery.

Do hope Goku's new form is in line with Faux SSJ.
I mean we know that the next for is super saiyan rose right?

HeroR

Considering there is literally a flashback to their previous fight and Goku saying "Wait, something's not right.", the context clues would suggest he was underestimating him and got caught off guard. Please remember SSj2 Trunks>>>SSj2 Goku, especially after the training he did.

You are aware that fight kept going for several seconds afterwards. Plenty of time for Goku to abject. If Future Zamasu was weaker than Super Saiyan 2 Trunks, Goku should have blocked his attack with his fingers like he did against Super Saiyan 2 Trunks when he was a Super Saiyan 3.

Also, no. That was only in the manga. In the anime, Super Saiyan 2 Trunks did nothing against Super Saiyan 2 Goku.

DIJ5hoCUAAEa-HD

Oh no.We're getting copy Vegeta again.

NEO0MJ

He went straight from everyone who died was weak and deserved it(frieza influenced Vegeta) to 'my old countrymen were real POS actually...'

lol. Still, you'd think he'd at least give his parents another chance. Have Yamcha watch over them in case they try something funny.

Rutger

Banned
Goku really wants to be a low tier hero, but his character keeps on getting buffs that makes him stay top tier. So he compromises by not taking fights seriously.

He would probably be the happiest he's ever been if he ever made a wish to depower himself so he could start all over.

TreIII

Goku really wants to be a low tier hero, but his character keeps on getting buffs that makes him stay top tier. So he compromises by not taking fights seriously.

He would probably be the happiest he's ever been if he ever made a wish to depower himself so he could start all over.

Yeah...I think the writers for Dragonball Fusion were on point when they had a moment between Kid Goku and SSB Goku from RoF. The kid was jealous of his older counterpart for how far he's come, while Blue Goku envied his "young self" because his journey had just begun.

"Can't get no satisfaction", indeed.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Man, the manga really does right by Vegeta compared to the anime. It's much more of a two horse race than "Goku gets everything".

HeroR

From shadowmaria on Kanzenshuu:

Super will be three hours delayed this week

Source: https://twitter.com/db_super2015/status/901460237185462273[/quote]

Man, the manga really does right by Vegeta compared to the anime. It's much more of a two horse race than "Goku gets everything".

That's because Vegeta really isn't Goku's main rival in the anime. Which I prefer since the Goku and Vegeta rilvary is old hat and I want new rivals like Hit that brings something interesting.

Fj0823

Are we reading the same manga?

Goku gets a God of Destruction level technique OFF SCREEN.

Hit Destroys Vegeta, but then Goku decimates Hit easily.

I can go on

Kevinroc

From shadowmaria on Kanzenshuu:

Super will be three hours delayed this week

Source: https://twitter.com/db_super2015/status/901460237185462273

Google translate (at least my version of Google translate) calls the show "Dragon Ball Ultra."

UHB Hokkaido Bunka Broadcasting Broadcasting "Dragon Ball Ultra" to everyone who watches. Today 8/27 (Sunday) is a broadcast of the Hokkaido marathon "Dragon Ball Ultra" is broadcast from 12 o'clock lunch. Because it is not a holiday, please be careful ~! (S)

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.

I can go on

Sure Goku is still the main character and gets the wins, thats the series main point, but Vegeta at least actually has new techniques in it.

Anime Vegeta hasn't had anything new since Blue in Resurrection of F.

HeroR

I can go on

According to the manga, Vegeta would have beating Hit if he didn't waste his time with Cabba and have that 90% drop in in power that made him weaker than Super Saiyan God Goku.

Although, Vegeta still comes off as a moron since he should have stayed Blue if he knew about the stamina lost. If he didn't, he's still an idiot for having a form for over three years and not knowing that going in and out of Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan dumps your energy.

NeonZ

According to the manga, Vegeta would have beating Hit if he didn't waste his time with Cabba and have that 90% drop in in power that made him weaker than Super Saiyan God Goku.

Although, Vegeta still comes off as a moron since he should have stayed Blue if he knew about the stamina lost. If he didn't, he's still an idiot for having a form for over three years and not knowing that going in and out of Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan dumps your energy.

That quote from Goku didn't make much sense. If Vegeta just stayed in Blue, he wouldn't have the explosive power that Blue has before the energy drain either, and Hit still managed to dodge Goku's full powered attack. It's the whole reason Goku waited for the right moment to use Blue. So, "you shouldn't have wasted your blue power and that'd be enough to win!" isn't all there is to it.

We need a running counter at this rate.

This needs to be the next OT title: Dragon Ball Super |OT| Do(n't) let your guard down.

That's the entire tournament in a nutshell.

"Goku don't let your guard down"
"Don't worry, I won't"
Goku let's his guard down and nearly gets eliminated
Rinse and repeat for 47 mins (Which is like 30 episodes).

HeroR

That quote from Goku didn't make much sense. If Vegeta just stayed in Blue, he wouldn't have the explosive power that Blue has before the energy drain either, and Hit still managed to dodge Goku's full powered attack. It's the whole reason Goku waited for the right moment to use Blue. So, "you shouldn't have wasted your blue power and that'd be enough to win!" isn't all there is to it.

It probably means that Hit was weak enough that Vegeta really didn't need the "explosive power that Blue has before the energy drain" to beat Hit.

Also, I'm almost certain the "explosive power that Blue has before the energy drain" didn't exist in the manga until Toyo decided to create Mastered Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan somewhere during the Future Trunks Saga.

"I know!"x30

Next episode titles leaked.

Goku Let His Guard Down!! Someone Save Goku!
Gohan Explodes! Protect Goku!
Goku Caught Again?!?! A Race Against Time!
Piccolo's Desperate Bid! A Ploy To Rescue Goku
Goku's In Trouble! The Team Says 'Fuck It' And Walks Off The Edge?!?!

NeonZ

It probably means that Hit was weak enough that Vegeta really didn't need the "explosive power that Blue has before the energy drain" to beat Hit.

Also, I'm almost certain the "explosive power that Blue has before the energy drain" didn't exist in the manga until Toyo decided to create Mastered Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan somewhere during the Future Trunks Saga.

Nah, it had to exist, otherwise Goku's strategy in the Hit battle wouldn't make sense. There would be no reason to wait until the last moment to use Blue and attempt to finish off everything in one attack if there wasn't a quick significant drain from it.

The manga also adds a comment about how Hit himself could only use his full power for a short while due to not having fought with full strength for so long. That's only necessary due to Goku's own power drop. Looking back, I guess Goku's comment about how Vegeta could have won if he conserved Blue power should be read as conserving Blue power in general like Goku did, not just a complaint about his unnecessary transformation.

So nothing new
I-I guess...
We still have U2, U3, and U4 to still plow through before we can get started with the actual serious part of the tournament between U6, U7 and U11. Question is though how many of those participants will get eliminated tonight?
Hmm, I think the two U4 girls are out for sure. Ganos(?) and the U3 guy holding Goku probably too. Not sure about spiky U4 guy and Magetta.

HeroR

Nah, it had to exist, otherwise Goku's strategy in the Hit battle wouldn't make sense. There would be no reason to wait until the last moment to use Blue and attempt to finish off everything in one attack if there wasn't a quick significant drain from it.

The manga also adds a comment about how Hit himself could only use his full power for a short while due to not having fought with full strength for so long. That's only necessary due to Goku's own power drop. Looking back, I guess Goku's comment about how Vegeta could have won if he conserved Blue power should be read as conserving Blue power in general like Goku did, not just a complaint about his unnecessary transformation.

If it was only that, Vegeta losing 90% of his overall strength was unneeded.

U3 will most likely get it's time to shine, however short.
Toshio said he wrote an episode about U3 and his next episode is 107 so maybe...
Fingers crossed for something good.
They're going to pull a U9 or U10.
The next universe to go is U3 confirmed.
U2 survived their episode, so let's have faith in them
yes yes I know their trump card was already wasted >>

but it's definitely either U3 or U4 the next one to fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom