• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rutger

Banned
The song is supposed to be from Goku's perspective... so who is he talking about in the second verse?

Hm...
The Good Old Days...
Charge Up a Kamehameha...

It can be only one person...
KRILLIN!

That plus the ending is making things look even better for Gohan's role in this arc.

CazTGG

Going further beyond is a line connected to the Super Saiyan 3 transformation. Going beyond that would mean...
hqdefault.jpg

Well, that explains why Goku's hair is black in that supposed form leak: they're fully retconning GT and pulling out the one good thing about that series aside from the occasionally cute visual callback.

HeroR

It could be Gohan, or the lyrics are still about Goku, but from a third person point-of-view.

Going further beyond is a line connected to the Super Saiyan 3 transformation. Going beyond that would mean...
hqdefault.jpg

Well, that explains why Goku's hair is black in that supposed form leak: they're fully retconning GT and pulling out the one good thing about that series aside from the occasionally cute visual callback.

Can't tell if you're serious.

Big One

Banned
hqdefault.jpg

Lol that ain't happening. We already know what Goku's form looks like.

Though I do think we'll eventually see GT's SSJ4 it just won't be called that and will be an unrelated transformation that Saiyans can do.

been watching older episodes of super today and i gotta say my favorite episode is still the Baseball episode but poor yamcha dude cant ever catch a break lol.

HeroR

been watching older episodes of super today and i gotta say my favorite episode is still the Baseball episode but poor yamcha dude cant ever catch a break lol.

He got plenty of breaks in that episode. I mean he broke at least four to five bones and fractured his skull.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Question, loved dragon ball and dragon ball z, hated GT. Is this better than GT and worth watching? Also I havent seen the movie yet that apparently connects with this so i assume i can start with ep 1? Also is there english voice acting for this and is there a place to watch it? Thanks

Big One

Banned
Question, loved dragon ball and dragon ball z, hated GT. Is this better than GT and worth watching? Also I havent seen the movie yet that apparently connects with this so i assume i can start with ep 1? Also is there english voice acting for this and is there a place to watch it? Thanks
Better than GT: Yes.
Starting with Episode 1 if you haven't seen the movies: Yes that's fine, though the movies are better versions. The first two arcs are adaptations of Batttle of Gods and Resurrection F'.
English voice acting: Yes but it's waaaaay behind. You can watch the dub on Toonami every wekk but I'm unsure on how you can get it online without pirating it. The best parts of Super haven't been dubbed yet.

Part of the fun is watching the series together worldwide by watching it in Japanese and discussing and speculating what's gonna happen next. In my opinion, it's best to suck it up and watch the Japanese version. You'll get used to it. For the first time ever since the original publication of the Dragon Ball manga, we're watching a product on a week-by-week basis where we have no idea what's gonna happen next and that's awesome. Well, a product created by Toriyama that is.

LotusHD

Banned

Yesssssssssss

---

Watch the first two movies, then dive in on like Episode 28.

YES to all.

Can we have humans and nameks getting power ups ever. Like 17 crazy jump at least.

My most hated part of Z was getting too Saiyan focused, and Piccolo semi keeping up was great (Piccolo vs 17, cell).

LotusHD

Banned
So what's the hope here with Piccolo regarding the U6 Namekians exactly? Like, is there a consensus of what we're hoping for here?

I have a watching guide in the FAQ section of the OP.

The english dub is airing on Toonami on Saturdays, they are about 30 episodes in. There's no streaming for the dub, only the Japanese version with Subs and the physical releases are only up to episode 13.

Skeeter49

In my opinion it's a lot better than GT.

Super gets tricky with the movies and the first 2 arcs. The first 2 arcs are retellings of BoG and RoF, there are some minor differences, but the first 2 arcs were horrendous with art and animation, no change is worth going through that, so it's more recommended to watch the movies, and if you have any questions of what is different about the arcs that will tie into future Super episodes, we can tell you.

Because there is some original material in between the retellings, I believe the recommended episodes to watch are 1 to 4, the Battle of Gods movie, 15-18, and then RoF movie. Then the first original arc starts at 28.

Speaking of the first original arc, that's where the dub is currently. It just finished the RoF arc at episode 27, and just airred episodes 28, 29, and 30, airing 31 this Saturday. It's way behind compared to the 104 episodes that have aired in Japan, so it depends if you want to stay up to date with Super, or stay with the dub, and that depends on your personal preference of if you like the dub or sub voices more. I watch both, and they're both great imo. Watching the sub is extremely easy now as well, as every episode is up on Crunchyroll for free, and new episodes go up with subs an hour after they air in Japan.

I will say part of the fun is discussing things in this thread, so that's a benefit to watching the sub if you want to discuss things with Dragon Ball Gaf. There's also Toonami Gaf for the dub, but it's more faster pace, and not really great for discussion. My opinion so Toonami Gaf doesn't hurt me.

Rutger

Banned
Piccolo has hope with the introduction of the U6 Namekians.

The humans are fucked.

U6 humans could show up one day and do the same.

Or they could just pass out a more controlled Kaioken or something.

It really wouldn't be hard at all, it's just a matter of if the writers want to go through with it.

Skeeter49

I still can't believe we didn't get an U6 earthling fighter in the tournament.

How does that not seem like a no brainer to Toei/ Toriyama? Did we really need that
trash Doctor Pig
over U6 earthlings? Or get rid of Cabba for them.

HardRojo

I was suggesting Piccolo leaving with the U6 Namekians to train for a couple of years, and after an arc of 25-30 episodes, we finally get a new arc opening episode: "Namek in danger! An SOS call from Universe 6!"

Piccolo learning how to power up from the U6 Namekians would be nice.

Could be a sort of continuation of universe 6 and 7 growing stronger together.

Skii

The song is supposed to be from Goku's perspective... so who is he talking about in the second verse?

Goku is going to teach Hit the kamehameha ffs. There's no end to his madness.

Good catch though. Never even looked into the lyrics.

HYPE

I still can't believe we didn't get an U6 earthling fighter in the tournament.

How does that not seem like a no brainer to Toei/ Toriyama? Did we really need that
trash Doctor Pig
over U6 earthlings? Or get rid of Cabba for them.

In retrospect, I feel like the U6 earth was a lead in to another movie that never got off the ground.

The same Trunks who kicked Super Saiyan Rose Black into a building after he parried his sword strikes
Why do you keep acting like this means anything? There are literally dozens of times in Dragon Ball where a weaker character gets in a good shot or two on a stronger one and no one ever makes these stupid power scaling complaints. Fat Buu was literally 8x as strong as Kid Trunks and Kid Trunks knocked him down for longer than even SSj3 Goku.

HeroR

Why do you keep acting like this means anything? There are literally dozens of times in Dragon Ball where a weaker character gets in a good shot or two on a stronger one and no one ever makes these stupid power scaling complaints. Fat Buu was literally 8x as strong as Kid Trunks and Kid Trunks knocked him down for longer than even SSj3 Goku.

The problem is that people used Future Trunks stabbing Future Zamasu to say that Future Zamasu is weaker than Super Saiyan 2 Trunks. This is despite Trunks in the same episode kicking Rose Black and parrying his attacks. We also had Future Zamasu trying to kill Goku and pushed backs Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku. And before someone says "Goku held back", Vegeta was down and he had Black to deal with who was stronger than him. There was no reason for him to hold back.

HardRojo

Do we have translated lyrics of the whole thing? Only listened to the full version of the opening, but I don't know whatever the hell was said in the new part lol.

The problem is that people used Future Trunks stabbing Future Zamasu to say that Future Zamasu is weaker than Super Saiyan 2 Trunks. This is despite Trunks in the same episode kicking Rose Black and parrying his attacks. We also had Future Zamasu trying to kill Goku and pushed backs Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku. And before someone says "Goku held back", Vegeta was down and he had Black to deal with who was stronger than him. There was no reason for him to hold back.
Considering there is literally a flashback to their previous fight and Goku saying "Wait, something's not right.", the context clues would suggest he was underestimating him and got caught off guard. Please remember SSj2 Trunks>>>SSj2 Goku, especially after the training he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom