• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's fucking go Roshi. They made him look really strong in this episode.

And yeah I really liked how much emotion Goku and Krillin had. For a second it felt like Goku might just murk that guy to get to Roshi and deal with the consequences later.

that's been an issue for like 20 episodes, and it's gonna keep going. i hate it too, but this was the best episode out of all of em

Um just last episode it was tag team 2vs2, and that other one episode of the pride troopers.

Though I would like to see some more combination attacks.

LotusHD

Banned
It looks like Rawk Hawk so it's a good transformation in my book.

He wishes he could look this good

150px-RawkHawkPMTTYD.png

I'm with everyone else, really good episode.

The Zenos scared the shit out of me when they settled that argument between the Gods.
It's weird to see Goku give a shit about people, but nice.
I finally watched an episode with headphones on and the music stood out to me for once, you guys are right, it's pretty good.

Only weird part was, what exactly was Roshi threatening to do to his first opponent, cause that was a little dark.
The worst part of every episode is when they mention how much time is left.

I can only hope this tournament leads to newer main villains with unique abilities because Dragon Ball Z seriously ran regeneration to the ground and was not very consistent with it. They "always" regenerate until they don't at the end for no real reason.

LotusHD

Banned
I'm with everyone else, really good episode.

The Zenos scared the shit out of me when they settled that argument between the Gods.
It's weird to see Goku give a shit about people, but nice.
I finally watched an episode with headphones on and the music stood out to me for once, you guys are right, it's pretty good.

Only weird part was, what exactly was Roshi threatening to do to his first opponent, cause that was a little dark.
The worst part of every episode is when they mention how much time is left.

I can only hope this tournament leads to newer main villains with unique abilities because Dragon Ball Z seriously ran regeneration to the ground and was not very consistent with it. They "always" regenerate until they don't at the end for no real reason.

I thought they were doing the gag where she assumes he was going to do something inappropriate to her

caliph95

I feel like the only way I could possibly enjoy this episode is if I completely ignore the fact that U7 is still top of the top dogs and that there is basically no tension in anything that's happening whatsoever.

I did at least appreciate that they put emphasis on Goku, Krillin, and Roshi's student-master relationships. Otherwise, this was an entirely skippable episode.
I kinda agree I don't know why but I was kinda bored

I thought they were doing the gag where she assumes he was going to do something inappropriate to her

I'd like to think that, but Krillin was like "eh ... he was only joking", which I think was the first time someone in this series has actually apologized in some way for Roshi.

As someone who have much more nostalgia for OG Dragon Ball than Z, seeing the lullaby technique and hearing him say the Turtle way again send me chills. I love how much fan service there is for OG DB fans in Super.

f7e01c3cfd1d388917eab69f956a6c64.jpg

The whole sequence from roshi powering up one last time, till goku healing him reminded me of something you'd see in one piece instead of DB.

NEP looks so bad wow.

VariantX

Damn, Roshi was seriously impressive. Why did he sit out all those fights in DBZ?

Roshi is like probably hundreds of years old before the start of the original DB, he probably doesn't have the stamina for it. If roshi ever bothered to wish for youth, there would be no debate on who is the strongest human. He basically killed himself to take out 3 people in an 80 man tourney

Am I tripping or did that episode kinda look better than usual?

Yo how Tien let himself get showed up by dusty ass Roshi?

Why green dude transformation look like a puppet from The Dark Crystal?

Why was Goku taking part in tentacle hentai?

These are all pressing questions.

Seriously though, good episode.

Laiza

Lol I always picture your avatar saying these criticisms
All the more reason for me not to change it for awhile, hm? :)
Krillin saved 18, Caulifla saved Kale, Vikal saved Kakunsa, Yardrat saved Ribrianne and Rozie, Kunshi saved Dyspo, Goku saved Roshi, etc.
I obviously mean for all the other 30 eliminations that happened before and during this episode, come on now.

This episode in particular was quite egregious about it because they quite literally showed up one after the other with no indication that they were preoccupied. It's pretty silly.

I'm genuinely amazed at how much folks will overlook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom