• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickroach

Dende had healing powers way back when, right? why doesn't Piccolo? or why didn't Piccolo fuse with him or something? he coulda been OP white mage

Choabac

So Zeno can't even count past 8. Remember how the grand priest said that Zeno felt there were too many universes, and some had to be erased? Hmm..

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I thought this would have been a fine episode for Roshi to be eliminated in. Pretty much went and covered everything with the character over the course the episode. Guess he didn't use the electric shock thing but I don't see what else he can provide going forward in the tournament other than another person Jiren/Kale/Freeza chucks out of the ring towards the end.

f66PawW.jpg

SSJ 3 Gohan and Piccolo?!? Hype!

LotusHD

Banned
Wow, one of the best episodes of this arc was a Roshi-centered one? Amazing...

I don't even care that their opponents jobbed yet again, that was a swell episode, dem feels

---

Also, can we agree that Ganos' transformation is one of, if not the most ugliest design we've seen in Super so far

Laiza

I feel like the only way I could possibly enjoy this episode is if I completely ignore the fact that U7 is still top of the top dogs and that there is basically no tension in anything that's happening whatsoever.

I did at least appreciate that they put emphasis on Goku, Krillin, and Roshi's student-master relationships. Otherwise, this was an entirely skippable episode.

I see pre-teen Vegeta is returning next episode... seriously, they need some more consistent art direction on the main characters at least!

Good episode, but I'm not one for cop-outs that play out so quickly. Then again, if they ended on him passing out and then showed he was okay the next episode I'd probably have been even more annoyed.

Still, they could have followed through and when Goku inevitably wishes the other universes back he could be a part of that wish.

Boke1879

I feel like the only way I could possibly enjoy this episode is if I completely ignore the fact that U7 is still top of the top dogs and that there is basically no tension in anything that's happening whatsoever.

I did at least appreciate that they put emphasis on Goku, Krillin, and Roshi's student-master relationships. Otherwise, this was an entirely skippable episode.

It was still a fun episode imo

Laiza

It was still a fun episode imo
In isolation, sure.

When taken with the tournament as a whole, it shows the flaws of the entire format they chose: a long series of 1v1 fights that don't sell the idea of a battle royale at all. For whatever reason no one interrupts these 1v1 bouts and no one tries to save their teammates and on and on we go, it's just terrible and ruins any sense of verisimilitude I might have had going in.

CazTGG

...Well, that was unexpectedly good. Great, even if you have fond memories of Krillin and Goku's training under Roshi.

NEP:
Tien is so out, he better be made cool!

Wow, amazing episode. Love how sad Goku and Krillin got - it's probably the most sadness I can think of Goku ever showing.

Roshi so good.

Man this ep was super good. Roshi getting a strong showing and actually using the advantages he has was some old school Dragon Ball stuff and I loved it.

My brother also noticed Goku has the white aura in the NEP, maybe what he did in this episode is the catalyst for the new form with the passing his god ki.

Sandfox

I really liked this episode.

I'm sure somebody is going to get in trouble for having modern Goku show that he cares about Roshi.

LotusHD

Banned
Even U11 sucks they have like two decent dudes and Jiren

I did say Top 3, and Toppo is cool, he could beat people from U7, just not Goku, Frieza, Vegeta, and maybe Gohan if he's pushed to the limit.

In isolation, sure.

When taken with the tournament as a whole, it shows the flaws of the entire format they chose: a long series of 1v1 fights that don't sell the idea of a battle royale at all. For whatever reason no one interrupts these 1v1 bouts and no one tries to save their teammates and on and on we go, it's just terrible and ruins any sense of verisimilitude I might have had going in.

Lol I always picture your avatar saying these criticisms

One of the best episodes of this arc, the last moments was a real tear-jerker. I can't wait to see more of this character-focused episodes in this tournament, Frieza's one is gonna be a treat.

dickroach

a long series of 1v1 fights that don't sell the idea of a battle royale at all. For whatever reason no one interrupts these 1v1 bouts and no one tries to save their teammates and on and on we go.

that's been an issue for like 20 episodes, and it's gonna keep going. i hate it too, but this was the best episode out of all of em

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom