• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mas8705

Although I loved the part where Beerus asked for his name, I dunno why they kind of cut it off there? I wanted to hear someone respond to him lol

So is this the second or third time that someone has earned Beerus's respect? I think the only other people Beerus has shown respect to up to this point has been Goku for at least entertaining him when he first went SSG and the other ironically enough was Yamcha for that baseball game.

I guess the payoff will be Beerus remembering his name in a future fight/ not getting mad when Roshi is knocked out.

Unlike his heart attack when Vegeta gets knocked out next episode.

Heart attack? Or shitting bricks?

Skeeter49

Although I loved the part where Beerus asked for his name, I dunno why they kind of cut it off there? I wanted to hear someone respond to him lol
I guess the payoff will be Beerus remembering his name in a future fight/ not getting mad when Roshi is knocked out.

Shouta

That was easily the best episode of the tournament so far and probably one of the better episodes of Super, IMO. It had a real fight, encounters that involved more than fighting, great callbacks, and emotion behind it. Seeing the lullaby and the turtle school motto was awesome.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

I'll be shocked if they get on with knocking some more U6/7 people out next week.

Skeeter49

I'll be shocked if they get on with knocking some more U6/7 people out next week.
Tien for sure I figure.
If 107 is a U6 saiyan focused episode, since Toshio did say he worked on one, that might be when Vegeta goes if he doesn't go next episode. Unless they want to completely shit on Cabba's and Vegeta's relationship.

When I read the preview, my thought was goodbye Vegeta and Tien.

Tien for sure I figure.
If 107 is a U6 saiyan focused episode, since Toshio did say he worked on one, that might be when Vegeta goes if he doesn't go next episode. Unless they want to completely shit on Cabba's and Vegeta's relationship.

There is no way in god's name Vegeta is going to get knocked out before Roshi

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I've seen a few people say the NEP looks terrible, I don't get it.
It has one legitimately bad bit
And then an iffy bit

And then the rest of it looks totally fine.

Is this Tsuji?

P3DTPsL.jpg

Kwame120

Banned
Great episode

Should have killed roshi for real though
I feel like there wasn't enough build up. Roshi dying taking out a random would be somewhat overwhelming, I find. It either needs to have a great amount of build-up, or be completely out of nowhere like Krillin death #1.

mas8705

and yet the rumor mill goes that the order was already depicted when the new ending sequence happened.
Krillin>
Tien,Vegeta,>17&18>Piccolo>
Roshi>Frieza>then a possible coin flip between Goku and/or Gohan

As far as Kami is concerned, we might get some confirmation next episode if it is Tien focused.

mas8705

So while I got the excitement out of my system, I went back to watch it again and wondered to myself: What did Roshi actually do? This came to thought mainly because of how the series is showing at a time when we are all focused on DBFZ and who else will be added.

While 17 did get us excited, I don't know if Roshi could hold the same amount of hype in the same sense.

He gets his first elimination by making one girl think he is going to have his way with her, he uses the evil containment wave to stuff another in a bottle, and finally, he avoided attacks and mustered up the strength for one final Kamehameha before presumably falling over dead until Goku brought him up. Definitely, that Roshi was a badass, but you could say that he was a badass while not throwing a punch (or at least not at the rate that the others have this entire thus far).

I don't know if we can say that this episode should justify Roshi being in FighterZ, but he definitely got his moment to shine during this episode.

Also kudos to the Rat God of Destruction questioning the legality of the bottle. I guess as long as the Zenos are happy about what they see, you can do whatever you want. ^_^

Why I feel like some of y'all would've ended up laughing if he actually died this episode

I think it'd have been super poignant and would really be played off with the super dragon balls. Who knows, maybe they'd have let him become a new kai or something else interesting.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Tien for sure I figure.

I'm hesitant because so often people think someone is going to be out based on the preview and then... it doesn't happen.

We said the same thing about Krillin.

I feel like there wasn't enough build up. Roshi dying taking out a random would be somewhat overwhelming, I find. It either needs to have a great amount of build-up, or be completely out of nowhere like Krillin death #1.

I like how if you were to do top 5 Dragon Ball deaths, Krillin would be in there twice.

Tien for sure I figure.

I feel like Tien still has to fight the two dudes from U4.

Skeeter49

I'm hesitant because so often people think someone is going to be out based on the preview and then... it doesn't happen.

I'd argue nothing from the NEP makes it look like Tien is out.
If it wasn't for the ending theory, I'd only want that out of
db7df6a069af429ca41320b11291967576483663_hq.jpg

NeonZ

Yeah, it doesn't seem like the invisible fighter this time are those two insects from U4, so Tenshinhan isn't out yet. The episode itself doesn't even seem that focused on him.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I'd argue nothing from the NEP makes it look like Tien is out.
If it wasn't for the ending theory, I'd only want that out of
db7df6a069af429ca41320b11291967576483663_hq.jpg

I mean, I want the ending theory to come true regardless but like I said before they've been coasting for what... 6 episodes now? I guess this episode wouldn't have worked so well with Krillin still in play.

New avatar is decided.

Vageta_Pacy.png

I never saw this episode. This is back when Super was touch and go for me and I was still not sure if I liked the Japanese voice, and then I saw ugly ass melting purple Vegeta and just sighed. Turned out to be a somewhat amusing episode.

I actually like Super's filler.

Skeeter49

New avatar is decided.

Vageta_Pacy.png

I never saw this episode. This is back when Super was touch and go for me and I was still not sure if I liked the Japanese voice, and then I saw ugly ass melting purple Vegeta and just sighed. Turned out to be a somewhat amusing episode.

I actually like Super's filler.
Gotenks wasn't amused.

giphy.gif

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Can we just fast forward to episode 120 and see all the big fights :( This is going to drag on till December. I liked today's episode, Roshi was great. I also don't understand why Goku was playing around with that guy when he could have just gone blue and blown him away.

Edit: I do understand but lol.

Zomba13

Damn, Roshi still got it. Wrecking fools all episode. I totally thought at the end he'd jump off himself so as not to be a burden in his weakened state and that he trusts Goku to win it for them.

Can we just fast forward to episode 120 and see all the big fights :( This is going to drag on till December. I liked today's episode, Roshi was great. I also don't understand why Goku was playing around with that guy when he could have just gone blue and blown him away.

Edit: I do understand but lol.
I think we're pretty close to the point were we are going to start getting big fights. There are 40 fighters left, but 18 of those are from U7 and U6 and 3 are the Pride Troopers, so appart from those "main" universes we have 19 fighters left across Universes 2, 3 and 4. I'm sure some of the remaining fighters are jobbers, but we're running low on them.

Let me guess, you started with Z didn't you?

Funny enough I started both Z and Ball at the same time so I know a lot about the Jackie Chun stuff, I don't think Roshi is bad but he has never wowed me

Also am I the only one who wants to see more of the 17 vs Ribranne fight, that seems more interesing imo

HeroR

Reminds me of what Goku told Beerus at the end of the Battle of Gods Saga.

This is one of my favorite episodes in Super so far. It reminds people who only watched Z why Roshi was a big deal, we get Krillin and Goku bond with Roshi showing, and we got a lot of skill-base fights.

I think 104 is still my favorite episode for the tournament, but this easily takes my number 2, displacing 100 and 101.

longdi

Banned

I expected Roshi to go this episode thus breaking the ending theory.

Well he is still around.

Bye bye Tien and Vegeta. Tien will probably go out like a chump while Vegeta will have more dramatic end along with Cabba.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom