• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laiza

You can't expect every participant to be aware of where the others are lol I'd be mad if there no examples of it at all but there are.
I think they should at least make it far less egregious. Have folks rescue their teammates one after the other, but once the last guy's been exhausted they all get thrown out at once because there's no one left to save them. Much easier to swallow then them showing up for a long series of 1v1 fights with no interruptions (and again... where the hell are the interruptions!?).

As someone who have much more nostalgia for OG Dragon Ball than Z, seeing the lullaby technique and hearing him say the Turtle way again send me chills. I love how much fan service there is for OG DB fans in Super.

f7e01c3cfd1d388917eab69f956a6c64.jpg

Fucking chills.

McNum

Wow. Go Rohsi! I didn't expect him to be that awesome this episode. I guess Universe 4 doesn't have kung fu movies. Because really, you're in a big free-for-all tournament, and this old guy is calmly walking around like he owns the place. He is either really stupid, or an ancient martial arts master. In either case, he's someone else's problem.

I don't really know what to think about his first win, but I do know she picked the very wrong target to try seduction tactics on. I'm not entirely sure of Roshi was in control the entire time, but I like it if he were. He knows he can be a horrible letch, but if she wants to fight with perversion as the weapon of choice, well... Roshi can counter with his extreme creeper technique. It's not pretty, but it's clearly an effective counter to her technique.

His second win was much more straightforward. Now that was an opponent who needed way too much setup time for her techniques. I did like the whole longwinded explanation of powers, countered by Mafuba. That seems about right as things go for that kind of fight. Also, the Zenos say that small items are okay if they're used for awesome. And finally, the wannabe Rawk Hawk. I do like the difference between when Goku or Krillin uses a Kamehameha to push someone off and when Master Roshi does. His students' beams push the opponent slower than the beam travels... but Roshi's? Blink and you're gone. Goku's Kamehameha may be more powerful than his own, but this is how a proper one looks.

Also, just a small point. I was actually worried if Roshi would die. In Dragon Ball. With a wish on the Super Dragon Balls as the tournament prize. So, you know, fair play to the writing for this episode. I do like Goku's defibrillator technique. Same as he used on himself in the Hit episode, wasn't it? Besides, he's Godly now. Reviving the recently dead is something gods do.

HeroR

Maybe Goku is finally going to be serious now after that scene.

Keep hoping.

On the episode, my favorite was Roshi reciting the the Turtle School creed to Goku and Krillin. Brought back memories of me watching Dragon Ball when it aired on Toonami and showed me what Roshi was before Z.

Skeeter49

idk they are coasting a bit too much.

I agree. I feel like we should have lost someone between Krillin and now. I kind of wish Vegeta got knocked out in 98, or Cabba knocked him out in 100 when Vegeta was giving his "Legendary form could be the saiyans true form speech."

Why I'm hoping we get 2 U7 knockouts next week. Especially since 107 most likely isn't U7 focused, so we probably won't see any U7 eliminations.

LotusHD

Banned
I agree. I feel like we should have lost someone between Krillin and now. I kind of wish Vegeta got knocked out in 98, or Cabba knocked him out in 100 when Vegeta was giving his "Legendary form could be the saiyans true form speech." Why I'm hoping we get 2 U7 knockouts next week. Especially since 107 most likely isn't U7 focused, so we probably won't see any U7 eliminations.

I thought we established that he was referring to Kale specifically, not the entire Saiyan race.

Sandfox

Right now basically every universe and U7 fighter is getting an episode that focuses on them. Eliminations of the more important characters will probably ramp up soon.

You gotta wonder if the fighters from other universes have some sort of death wish or something because once again they decide to go after the universe with the most eliminations so far. This whole arc feels less of a Battle Royale and more of a King of the Hill with 2 kings

Sandfox

You gotta wonder if the fighters from other universes have some sort of death wish or something because once again they decide to go after the universe with the most eliminations so far. This whole arc feels less of a Battle Royale and more of a King of the Hill with 2 kings

It's basically just the fodder from those universes. The stronger members are still standing.

caliph95

They are they to sacrifice themselves for a noble deed to make U7 stronger or look good

It must be done

mas8705

From reddit:
BmmX3yO.png

Shantsa survived this episode!

Well... That makes my posts seem silly if someone made a whole picture showcasing the tournament as a whole.

Still, I'd like to think that they were still worthwhile to post for the time being. Still, I'm glad to know I have been on point with what I wrote since this pretty much emulates what I had written (minus showing if someone got eliminated by whoever) and the Universe wins losses since it is obvious that U7 will probably eliminate the most people.

So if we were to pretend that U2, U3, and U4 don't matter in comparison to U6, U7, and U11, that would leave about 19 more people before we start to get to the serious parts. 23 if we count the tail end of U6 with Magetta, the Doctor, and the two Namekians.

LotusHD

Banned
Although I loved the part where Beerus asked for his name, I dunno why they kind of cut it off there? I wanted to hear someone respond to him lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom