• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

f@luS

More than a member.
I can guarantee the Battle Royal won't end this year

We're currently at episode 105

Also the opening spoiling stuff is an anime tradition
Current arc has been known through some interviews that it ends around end of November with 12 episode left more or less

Huh, I was NOT expecting this positive reaction to a Roshi centric episode (especially after the way he's been in Super), all right, looking forward to it.

For all it's faults. Dragon Ball GT's ending is one of the highlights across all of Dragon Ball.

How?!

Goku leaves jobber ass Vageta to protect the Earth and just fucks off for the rest of his friends/family's natural lives. Everyone's fucking dead and he's walking around Earth immortal or some shit. Still have no clue why he "had?" to leave with Shenron in the first place. What, to train? Motherfucker barely says bye to his family.

Z was anti-climatic/ strange, but GT's ending was just bad.

mas8705

Roshi cleaned f***ing house!

I'm counting three KOs for Roshi this episode! One for forcing an opponent to jump off, another for getting trapped in a bottle (to which I guess that was allowed since bottles aren't weapons) and one more for taking out the U4 top guy.

In fact at this point for Roshi, he has now placed himself in third for most eliminations/assists right after Goku and Vegeta! That right there is amazing to consider!
I'll post the updated totals in just a second.

mas8705

Here is where things currently stand in terms of eliminations.

1) Goku & Vegeta- 3 Eliminations, 3 Assists
3) Master Roshi- 3 Eliminations, 2 assists
4) Android 18- 3 Eliminations, 1 Assist
5)Kale- 2 Eliminations 3 Assists
6) Caulifla- 1 Elimination 3 Assists
7) Frieza, Cabba, Android 17, Gohan, & Hit- 2 Eliminations
12) Krillin- 1 Elimination, 2 Assists
13) Basil, Frost, , Ribianne, Jimeze & Piccolo- 1 Elimination
18) Tien- One Assist...

Remaining Fighters: 40
Current Standings:
1) U6&U7- 9 each
3) U2- 8
4) U3- 7
5) U4- 4
6) U11-3

dickroach

I thought Roshi was gonna be DQ'd for using the bottle the second they showed it, but alright. it was neat.

good episode, like probably the best since the tournament started
but now it feels like we're back to where we were during the recruitment arc.
there's going to be a Roshi episode, a Tien episode, a Piccolo episode, an 18 episode, a 17 episode, a few Frieza episodes...
and then we finally get back to the only people that matter: Goku Vegeta Gohan, the U6 saiyans, Hit, Frost (who might go out with Frieza, i dunno), Topo, and Jiren..... finally.

Big One

Banned
I thought Roshi was gonna be DQ'd for using the bottle the second they showed it, but alright. it was neat.

good episode, like probably the best since the tournament started
but now it feels like we're back to where we were during the recruitment arc.
there's going to be a Roshi episode, a Tien episode, a Piccolo episode, an 18 episode, a 17 episode, a few Frieza episodes...
and then we finally get back to the only people that matter: Goku Vegeta Gohan, the U6 saiyans, Hit, Frost (who might go out with Frieza, i dunno), Topo, and Jiren..... finally.
Eh I dunno, I don't think so. Next episode seems to have a bit of everybody involved even if Tenshinhan becomes clutch ala Roshi in this episode.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
f66PawW.jpg

Q1r6d0R.jpg

lol

I don't get Toei and their inconsistency with blood? I remember a while back we were talking about lack of blood but here you have this recent one piece special with blood coming out for no damn reason lol. Not a gore guy but it's definitely weird I'd expect it more for db(not in relation to this episode)

VariantX

OH damn, that looks like a fan animation still. And that Piccolo/Gohan shot looks like an entirely different show given how off model it looks

mas8705

I take it that it is safe to not go spoilers now that the simulcast is more or less up.

So it is probably safe to say that U4 is basically the next universe set to be erased most likely. Would be hilarious if U2 or U3 goes out before them (since we know U11 isn't going anywhere), but That does seem to be the case right now. Thought we were going to see Roshi eliminated (and in fairness, he was almost eliminated... Permanently... Had Goku not stepped in to save him).

But next time... I'm guessing that Tien's episode is going to lead to his elimination (and thus having contributed the least out of all of U7's team unless if he just so happens to get one elimination before he is taken out. Even then he only has Piccolo beat by one assist and Krillin still did more than Tien). Hopefully, Tien will get at least two taken care of, but we'll find out next time on Super.

Justinh

I liked the episode. I thought last week in the Next Episode preview when they said "Roshi's sacrifice" that the wasn't going to be able to knock someone off, but let himself get killed by someone so they'd be DQd. Thought I was right for a brief moment.

His first knocked out opponent, I wasn't too much a fan of that win, though.

I liked this line from him too.

So like, did Goku tap into some healing powers or something? He was trying to revive Roshi with energy blast CPR but then it turned into blue energy and expanded out over the arena and then Roshi woke up.

Eylos

Banned
So like, did Goku tap into some healing powers or something? He was trying to revive Roshi with energy blast CPR but then it turned into blue energy and expanded out over the arena and then Roshi woke up.
I think so, red god ssj has regenerating Powers, so he somehow Learned to use on others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom