• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astral Dog

That was easily the best episode of the tournament so far and probably one of the better episodes of Super, IMO. It had a real fight, encounters that involved more than fighting, great callbacks, and emotion behind it. Seeing the lullaby and the turtle school motto was awesome.
I feel like every new tournament episode someone says this and i leave dissapointed :p

Great episode so far. This episode had the most varied attacks from all fights, almost like watching a Naruto combats with all the jutsus.
Goku had some trouble fighting Ganos in his initial form but Master Roshi has beaten him besides 2 others. This confirms that he is not irrelevent and futile like many have expected, whether real persons or the ones in the tournament. Most of them were surprised by him exceeding his limits. This gives hope that he can stay much longer in the tournament thanks to his wits and force too.
The order in the credits still stands and isn't disproved yet.

The first elimination was a bit lame, and I wish the animation could have shown some more Chun-like choreography, but the ending was as poignant as it comes for DB, so it definitely treated him with respect.

Zalman

Didn't expect that to be this good. Dang. Roshi was great here. Although I will say the longer it takes for another U7 fighter to get knocked out the bigger of a loser Krillin feels like, lol.

nitronite

Great episode! As a fan of the OG Dragon Ball, it was a great callback to better times.

How hilarious is it that at this stage of the tournament, with about two thirds to go, that Master Roshi has more 'kills' and 'assists' than anyone not from U7. Jiren is trash. Also, can someone remind me how Roshi's immortality works? I remember reading that he drank an Immortality elixir at some point in his life and that gave him eternal life as opposed to youth, which is how he's still alive given that he's over 400 years old. Is that right?

I imagine that had he died this episode, it would still have been possible to resurrect him with the Dragon Balls, given that his death would have been due to exhaustion in a battle, i.e. Tien vs Nappa, so the writers could have killed him if they wanted to.

Kevinroc

I've been disappointed with the pacing of this arc. We should have seen more fighters of significance getting knocked off as we moved further into the tournament.

Eylos

Banned
40 fighters
Less u7 31
Less u6 22
Less ribriane dyspo jiren toppo (the ones that are saved to the end) 18

18 jobbers still

One? He got three wins in one episode.

And from your previous count, I don't think that Jium counts as assist. Roshi was the one who excluded him from the ring so it counts as elimination for him while an assist from both Gohan and Krilin. Eelectrifiying Preecho was an assist. So he got 4 eliminations and one assist.

I can't believe Master Roshi didn't use his drunken technique yet. It's one of the most unpredictable fighting styles ever and no one in the other universes would guess his moves.
Maybe for the upcoming episodes.

I can't believe Master Roshi didn't use his drunken technique yet. It's one of the most unpredictable fighting styles ever and no one in the other universes would guess his moves.
Maybe for the upcoming episodes.

He's still in.

Tenshinhan needs to job already so the order of the ending gets proven correct.

Dark_castle

I think I found my biggest grip with this arc so far. Every episode and every fight felt so disjointed. Like seriously how big is the arena? How can Master Roshi gets so isolated from the others that literally the only universe 7 guy in the arena who notice Roshi's situation is Goku? And not to mention all the attacks going around, how does the others not get affected in some ways? None of this is explained or depicted.

Edit: I know it can be hard to animate bunch of people at once but c'mon surely they can put up a screen or two of updating the current situation of other fighters. Nothing, absolutely nothing in that aspect.

Off topic, but I am so happy that Roshi will be part of the collaboration between Dragon Ball and One Piece:
Qnw7Vr9.jpg

Eventhough that a collaboration with One Punch Man would be more relevant (seeing Saitama's level which is within if not beyond Dragon Ball highest levels).

mas8705

And from your previous count, I don't think that Jium counts as assist. Roshi was the one who excluded him from the ring so it counts as elimination for him while an assist from both Gohan and Krilin. Eelectrifiying Preecho was an assist. So he got 4 eliminations and one assist.

Only thing Gohan did was block a shot, not really much else. Meanwhile, Krillin at least injured Jium while Roshi did get the KO. Even for those who have kept up this pretty little picture had Jium's elimination in the say way: All be it that instead of "assists" I should start using the term "Team Wins" for when it takes two people to take out one or more people and that gets counted as half, to which that still places Roshi as the third best participant at the moment.

Mind you that The Preecho elimination definitely was an assist with Tien (Tien's only contribution to the Tournament at the moment), but outside of that, Roshi didn't really get any clean eliminations by himself before tonight's episode.

This episode was amazing but that's because I am huge Master Roshi fan, the ending gave me feels

On the other hand, characters from U4 are so hideous

Mediking

Off topic, but I am so happy that Roshi will be part of the collaboration between Dragon Ball and One Piece:

Eventhough that a collaboration with One Punch Man would be more relevant (seeing Saitama's level which is within if not beyond Dragon Ball highest levels).

This looks so hype!

Nightbird

Wait, Cross Epoch is going to be animated?

J4g3r

Great episode for the most part, Roshi killing it and even being noticed by Beerus.

It was also nice to see the Goku and Krillin feels, though it felt a little latched on to me - Masako Nozawa even channelled her Kid Goku a little there near the end.

Also:

tu9FfFM.gif

Floody

Really liked that episode, but should've actually killed of Roshi, to rise the stakes, also making Goku take it serious from now on. Though might be a bit early for that still, seems like there's at least about 500 more episodes of this arc to go.

HeroR

I think I found my biggest grip with this arc so far. Every episode and every fight felt so disjointed. Like seriously how big is the arena? How can Master Roshi gets so isolated from the others that literally the only universe 7 guy in the arena who notice Roshi's situation is Goku? And not to mention all the attacks going around, how does the others not get affected in some ways? None of this is explained or depicted.

Edit: I know it can be hard to animate bunch of people at once but c'mon surely they can put up a screen or two of updating the current situation of other fighters. Nothing, absolutely nothing in that aspect.

The stage have to be big to fit 80 fighters to begin with and have space. Plus, all these fights are happening in a span of 1 to 2 minutes.

Really liked that episode, but should've actually killed of Roshi, to rise the stakes, also making Goku take it serious from now on. Though might be a bit early for that still, seems like there's at least about 500 more episodes of this arc to go.

They're already faced with erasing if they lose, so what's the point of 'raising the stalkes'? Especially when Roshi can be revived with the Namekian Dragon Balls. And Goku wouldn't take it anymore serious since, again, he's already faced with erasing if U7 loses.

ElFly

40 fighters
Less u7 31
Less u6 22
Less ribriane dyspo jiren toppo (the ones that are saved to the end) 18

18 jobbers still

Jimeze (the yardrat) is prolly getting to the end too, considering he, along with Brianne, eliminated one (1!) person

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I think we're pretty close to the point were we are going to start getting big fights. There are 40 fighters left, but 18 of those are from U7 and U6 and 3 are the Pride Troopers, so appart from those "main" universes we have 19 fighters left across Universes 2, 3 and 4. I'm sure some of the remaining fighters are jobbers, but we're running low on them.
Yeah, hopefully they up the intensity soon. I'm desperate to see some huge fights.

Roshi's number one fan.
I just realized that Universe 7 has the best looking Kaioshin!

U7/6 domination continues, when will these villains finally fall?

Good episode for Roshi, it was really great hearing the Turtle motto and his relationship with Goku and Krilliin.

Azerare

The episode was great. It was touching to see the care between master and students. Roshi was also doing work for universe 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom