• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
just because zamasu is gone. u11 kaoshin aint bad either.

what

Ea and Khai are waaaaaaay better than Shin in design

edit: crap, top of the page again, have a Zeno
7's hairstyle is great tbh.

fdba01a031f902b4cce05eeecb7cdff5.png

Floody

They're already faced with erasing if they lose, so what's the point of 'raising the stalkes'? Especially when Roshi can be revived with the Namekian Dragon Balls. And Goku wouldn't take it anymore serious since, again, he's already faced with erasing if U7 loses.

Raise the stakes as in another person is down and maybe it's time to take it more serious. Goku was pissing about all episode with the Blue Goo Guy and the second Roshi was dead, he blew him away by just powering up, it's getting annoying. If they don't want Goku just blowing everyone away, just let others fight and build up some characters. He'll be the big hero eventually.
Deaths being a minor inconvenience due to the Dragon Balls has always been a thing, Goku has still took stuff serious in the past.

HeroR

Raise the stakes as in another person is down and maybe it's time to take it more serious. Goku was pissing about all episode with the Blue Goo Guy and the second Roshi was dead, he blew him away by just powering up, it's getting annoying. If they don't want Goku just blowing everyone away, just let others fight and build up some characters. He'll be the big hero eventually.
Deaths being a minor inconvenience due to the Dragon Balls has always been a thing, Goku has still took stuff serious in the past.

Being erased is far bigger deal since you don't exist anymore and Goku is still playing around. So why would something like death make Goku suddenly more serious? He reacted to Roshi since he could do something himself to revived him so stopped playing. If he died, Goku would have been said, vowed to revived him, and then go back to playing. That's basically what he did in the Resurrection 'F' Saga. Heck, he did it in the Frieza Saga after Frieza blow up Krillin.

ChouGoku

Z senshi death in Dragonball has 0 concequences, its better that he didn't die. He is in the epilogue so it would be a waste of time to make episodes to wish him back.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I wanna see the exchange between Beerus and Champa when Universe 6 is about to get erased...That's gonna be messed up.
I suspect we might see Beerus' true feelings for Champa then. I already kinda know that they don't actually hate each other.

Floody

Being erased is far bigger deal since you don't exist anymore and Goku is still playing around. So why would something like death make Goku suddenly more serious? He reacted to Roshi since he could do something himself to revived him so stopped playing. If he died, Goku would have been said, vowed to revived him, and then go back to playing. That's basically what he did in the Resurrection 'F' Saga. Heck, he did it in the Frieza Saga after Frieza blow up Krillin.

Because that's how he is? Messes around until someone dies or nearly dies, gets serious, has a big fight goes back to messing around. I wouldn't expect him to be serious for the rest of the arc or anything at this point, just for a ep or 2 . And a member dying would just be bigger and different than them getting KO'd or knocked off.

Saying that they seem to just be going with a really slow burn, so probably don't want to blow their load just yet, and could be an even better pay off, but personally just want a somewhat big fight about now, instead of a lot of them ending before they even really begin or just teasing for later, Roshi dying would set it up perfectly imo.

HeroR

Because that's how he is? Messes around until someone dies or nearly dies, gets serious, has a big fight goes back to messing around. I wouldn't expect him to be serious for the rest of the arc or anything at this point, just for a ep or 2 . And a member dying would just be bigger and different than them getting KO'd or knocked off.

Saying that they seem to just be going with a really slow burn, so probably don't want to blow their load just yet, and could be an even better pay off, but personally just want a somewhat big fight about now, instead of a lot of them ending before they even really begin or just teasing for later, Roshi dying would set it up perfectly imo.

It runs into the problem of 'fake drama' as fans like to call it and I honestly think all the emotions they wanted was done without killing Roshi off.

Floody

It runs into the problem of 'fake drama' as fans like to call it and I honestly think all the emotions they wanted was done without killing Roshi off.

Yeah, that's true.

I do wonder how much else Roshi will do now though, if he still plays a somewhat important role, I'll be fine with it, but if he just get's Krillin'd I'll be really disappointed now though.

HeroR

Yeah, that's true.

I do wonder how much else Roshi will do now though, if he still plays a somewhat important role, I'll be fine with it, but if he just get's Krillin'd I'll be really disappointed now though.

I wonder that too since I thought Roshi would eliminate himself after he became so weak, but he's staying in. So maybe Roshi still has one more hurrah. More Roshi always a good thing.

Now let's see if they can save Tien from the dumpster they put him in. He will become the next Yamcha if he goes down with less knockouts than Roshi or Krillin after his terrible performances in Episode 89 and 90.

Oh darn.

An episode I actually thought was legitimately good, not just "good for Dragonball super".

Well that caught me off guard. I do still think they didn't have roshi fall off at the end because they still don't want to have to draw many people every time they show team 7s cheerleading squad reacting.

I-hate-u

Damn what a great episode. They literally put all of Roshi's techniques in this arc, and seeing the Goku/Roshi/Krillin interactions dynamic after almost 20 years is heart warming. But I wonder why didn't they knock him off or retire him tho, seems like there's no where to go with his character.

He better be in DBZ F.

HeroR

Damn what a great episode. They literally put all of Roshi's techniques in this arc, and seeing the Goku/Roshi/Krillin interactions dynamic after almost 20 decades is heart warming. But I wonder why didn't they knock him off or retire him tho, seems like there's no where to go with his character.

He better be in DBZ F.

They're missing the Drunken Fist.

LotusHD

Banned
Damn what a great episode. They literally put all of Roshi's techniques in this arc, and seeing the Goku/Roshi/Krillin interactions dynamic after almost 20 decades is heart warming. But I wonder why didn't they knock him off or retire him tho, seems like there's no where to go with his character.

He better be in DBZ F.

This episode jinxed his chances

Wasn't expecting this episode to be as good as it was, though I think Roshi should have been eliminated somehow. He didn't really sacrifice anything.

Not expecting Tien to get the same level of care next week. He'll probably take out the sniper, then get taken out himself.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
By ACTUALLY molesting a cat that's begging him to stop.

by starting his training of withstanding the urge. you expect instant result right from the start?

As someone who have much more nostalgia for OG Dragon Ball than Z, seeing the lullaby technique and hearing him say the Turtle way again send me chills. I love how much fan service there is for OG DB fans in Super.

f7e01c3cfd1d388917eab69f956a6c64.jpg

true.

HeroR

Did Goku even let his guard down this episode. Or is it implied it happened with his fight against that jelly man.

No. He was fighting jelly man who goo his way out of Goku's attacks and was slowly wrapping his body around him as Goku noticed that Roshi was in trouble.

Wasn't expecting this episode to be as good as it was, though I think Roshi should have been eliminated somehow. He didn't really sacrifice anything.

Well, Roshi did die. He was just lucky Goku could bring him back.

Well, Roshi did die. He was just lucky Goku could bring him back.

Think I would have preferred the noticeably absent GP to revive him on the grounds of elimination or something. Though technically Universe 7 should be disqualified. No killing, Roshi! That includes yourself!

Sir Doom

That is so Un-Dragonball it's the best

I'm glad the amount of care given to Roshi's episode then with that ending

Fuck best episode of arc yet

NEO0MJ

Yo, this was a great episode. Not much to add really.
Now if only Piccolo would get a similar episode before the arc is done I'll be happy.

88random

As someone who have much more nostalgia for OG Dragon Ball than Z, seeing the lullaby technique and hearing him say the Turtle way again send me chills. I love how much fan service there is for OG DB fans in Super.

OG Dragon Ball is the best Dragon Ball :) Great episode.

I-hate-u

Whatever happened to smug Krillin?

I also like how Roshi completely threw Yamucha under the bus when he gave that speech.

Mark1

Holy fuck the feels with Roshi and his former disciples this episode. They made him so relevant and amazing here, taking down 3 of U4 consecutively and risking his life, in the most amazing way possible.

They made Goku feel human again. Master Roshi became a character I want to see more of again, like 17.

The main comment about this episode though - think Goku could have easily escaped from that enemy from the start by powering up for a few seconds.

Mark1

Honestly this arc has provided one thing so well in particular, and it's the interactions with the lesser known characters. Really hope none of them are forgotten about once the tournament is over.

NEO0MJ

Whatever happened to smug Krillin?

I like to think that a combination of Goku heavily surpassing him and defeating him easily in the 22nd tournament combined with dying to Tambourine in one hit without being able to a punch broke his confidence. Doesn't help how everyone got ahead of him in Z.
Hard to be smug when you're in the lower echelons of power.

NeonZ

Great episode! As a fan of the OG Dragon Ball, it was a great callback to better times.

How hilarious is it that at this stage of the tournament, with about two thirds to go, that Master Roshi has more 'kills' and 'assists' than anyone not from U7. Jiren is trash. Also, can someone remind me how Roshi's immortality works? I remember reading that he drank an Immortality elixir at some point in his life and that gave him eternal life as opposed to youth, which is how he's still alive given that he's over 400 years old. Is that right?

He received immortality from a phoenix, but when he called it to give it to Goku and Bulma, turtle reminded him that the "immortal" phoenix had just died due to eating poisoned food. So, it was established from the started that his immortality was just longevity.

Later on, he tells Tenshinhan that he drank an elixir of immortality and can't die in combat when he's going to face Piccolo Daimao, but that later story was a lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom