• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I-hate-u

Yamcha wasn't his student at the time.
I meant in last night's episode. No reference to his other living student at all.

I like to think that a combination of Goku heavily surpassing him and defeating him easily in the 22nd tournament combined with dying to Tambourine in one hit without being able to a punch broke his confidence. Doesn't help how everyone got ahead of him in Z.
Hard to be smug when you're in the lower echelons of power.

Krillin cleaned up his act way before that. He was crying when he though Roshi killed him in the 21st tournament.

HeroR

I like to think that a combination of Goku heavily surpassing him and defeating him easily in the 22nd tournament combined with dying to Tambourine in one hit without being able to a punch broke his confidence. Doesn't help how everyone got ahead of him in Z.
Hard to be smug when you're in the lower echelons of power.

Krillin always had self-esteemed issues. That is why he wanted to train under Roshi to begin with. He just hid his insecurities under an inferiority-superiority complex, kind of like Vegeta.

I meant in last night's episode. No reference to his other living student at all.

I think because he has a closer bond with them. He did practically raised them unlike Yamcha. Also, Yamcha isn't there to get the message.

Mory Dunz

Just saw it.

- wtf at the rapey joke...

- Ugh at Goku getting trapped. He tried harder to save Hit lol. Likely the problem is they made him too strong for these cliche hero protagonist moments you always see. Way too strong...

- Rawk Hawk! Wonder if that was on purpose, especially his attacks being similar.
2e4.gif

- the emotional moment fell flat a bit for me. But others probably enjoyed it.

- NEP looks somewhat interesting but has some bad models it seems.

decent episode overall though.

NEO0MJ

Krillin cleaned up his act way before that. He was crying when he though Roshi killed him in the 21st tournament.

Must have forgotten when the personality switch happened, then.

Krillin always had self-esteemed issues. That is why he wanted to train under Roshi to begin with. He just hid his insecurities under an inferiority-superiority complex, kind of like Vegeta.

Aha. Speaking of Krillin, how did he suddenly grow hair? And why was Chiaotzu forever a kid?

HeroR

Must have forgotten when the personality switch happened, then.

Aha. Speaking of Krillin, how did he suddenly grow hair? And why was Chiaotzu forever a kid?

Krillin was a monk, so he shaved his hair. After he retired from fighting, he regrew it. Super has shown us that Krillin shaves when he wants to fight like in Resurrection 'F' and in his character episodes before the tournament.

Just saw it.

- wtf at the rapey joke...

- Ugh at Goku getting trapped. He tried harder to save Hit lol. Likely the problem is they made him too strong for these cliche hero protagonist moments you always see. Way too strong...

- Rawk Hawk! Wonder if that was on purpose, especially his attacks being similar.
2e4.gif

- the emotional moment fell flat a bit for me. But others probably enjoyed it.

- NEP looks somewhat interesting but has some bad models it seems.

decent episode overall though.

It isn't like we saw what Goku was doing before he went to help Hit.

NEO0MJ

Krillin was a monk, so he shaved his hair. After he retired from fighting, he regrew it. Super has shown us that Krillin shaves when he wants to fight like in Resurrection 'F' and in his character episodes before the tournament.

His feud with Chiaotzu made it seem that he couldn't grow it at all.

Mory Dunz

It isn't like we saw what Goku was doing before he went to help Hit.

well From what we saw, I just meant Goku went Red to save Hit. While he was SSJ for a while before finally breaking free (as if there was any doubt he could from the start).

It was just funny. And points to him being too strong for these cliche story elements sometimes.

Thinking about it, this episode could have used more subtlety.
Take his 3 opponents after all. First demonstrates his perversions, and that he can surpass them?
Second is the tricky one that highlights how his experience is so valuable.
And then he has a freaking fight against youth itself the way they portray birdman.
Great episode, but wish it wasn't so on the nose.

ElFly

the thing with Goku not going earlier to go save Roshi is that this whole episode took place in a minute

Goku just hesitated a few seconds

HeroR

well From what we saw, I just meant Goku went Red to save Hit. While he was SSJ for a while before finally breaking free (as if there was any doubt he could from the start).

It was just funny. And points to him being too strong for these cliche story elements sometimes.

The entire episode was a minute, meaning Goku was Super Saiyan for only a few seconds. But I do see your point.

Is anyone else bothered that U7 seems to be breezing through everything when they were supposed to be the second weakest universe?

It feels like the fights should be harder. I understand that every universe has his Yamcha but if they are stronger than U7 they should have shown up (besides Jiren - who hasn't really done anything).

takriel

Is anyone else bothered that U7 seems to be breezing through everything when they were supposed to be the second weakest universe?

It feels like the fights should be harder. I understand that every universe has his Yamcha but if they are stronger than U7 they should have shown up (besides Jiren - who hasn't really done anything).
Soon only the strong guys remain, which means goodbye Roshi, Tenshinhan, Piccolo, perhaps even in just one episode. It's going to go down quickly I think.

MKIL65

honestly should have let Roshi die then. Could be wished back later but the impact could have been so much bigger.

Yeah, would have been a fitting ending for him. Oh well, great episode regardless.

Actually, might be one of the only episodes that I've enjoyed in this arc so far lol.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Now Anime Goku is stealing Manga Trunks' moves. Nobody is safe from the Goku Show.

Roshi has trapping techniques and hypnosis and all that lust. Truly a terrifying being.

Soon only the strong guys remain, which means goodbye Roshi, Tenshinhan, Piccolo, perhaps even in just one episode. It's going to go down quickly I think.

Yes, maybe. I enjoyed this latest episode immensely (for no other reason that it shows a fighter winning by being smart instead of pure brute force) but I find the fights so far to be kinda weak,

Hopefully it gets better soon.

HeroR

Now Anime Goku is stealing Manga Trunks' moves. Nobody is safe from the Goku Show.

Roshi has trapping techniques and hypnosis and all that lust. Truly a terrifying being.

For the love of....Goku used his ki to restart Roshi's heart. It's the exact same thing Piccolo did with Gohan in Resurrection 'F' and what he tried to do to revived Goku in Episode 72 and how Goku restarted his own heart when Hit killed. It's nothing like what Future Trunks did in the manga. And even if it was, Manga Trunks would have ripped off Piccolo.

Alienous

Man, that was a great episode, other than Roshi threatening to... uh.

I would have been fine if Roshi died as a result of that final Kamehameha, actually.

Nightbird

They never said that U7 was the second weakest.

Mortal level does not stand for power level.

Was definitely not expecting a Master Roshi episode to be way better than most of the warm-up fights so far.

The fact that they stayed true to his resolve and gave him two real fights is pretty impressive. Since every bit of drama in this arc feels fake, character development episodes like this one are as good as it gets.

Mory Dunz

They should have more than one fight going on at once.

Each of these scenarios only lasts one episode each time.

So with 2 minutes to go, you know it's about to end. Same with Hit's episode and so on.
It removes some of the tension and mystery when you know no matter what, the fight is about to end.

Just have multiple storylines at once and cut to them. Hit could've lasted 3 episodes in parts, and gohan's could've been 2.

It feels too episodic atm

ElFly

Are you sure? I remember distinctly they saying that.

Or am I confusing it and they meant something else.

Please explain

ningen level does not seem to be related to power level

it may be some kind of spiritual level or something

in some supplementary material they said that at least one of the non-participating universes has ningen that are energy beings or something I think

e:

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/898246177409216512

Sheroking

Please explain

They never explicitly married power level with mortal level.

It should be abundantly clear that U7 is a high tier universe as far as their most powerful fighters at this post. Where they may be low tier is a lot of their civilizations have been wiped out. They aren't as developed and prosperous as maybe some others.

88random

I think mortal level = power level, and on the average Uni 7 is the 2nd worst. It's just that Eearth and planet Vegeta had a lot of fighting history and Goku, Vegeta and Freeza are freaks.

Please explain

I think the logic was that U7 has the second lowest average "Mortal Level," which means that your average power level out of all of the inhabitants of U7 is lower than that of most other universes. Any random person from U11 would be very likely beat the ever living crap out of any random person from U7, basically.

Of course, it's all BS because the tournament would never include anyone who isn't an extreme outlier to begin with. It has zero bearing on the actual teams if U4's average power level is way higher than that of U7, yet they still have no outliers that are stronger than those from U7.

It should be abundantly clear that U7 is a high tier universe as far as their most powerful fighters at this post.

Yes, I think that too. Thats why it was weird how easy it has been so far.

I guess I understood it wrong them.

Thanks for all the replies.

HeroR

It should be abundantly clear that U7 is a high tier universe as far as their most powerful fighters at this post. Where they may be low tier is a lot of their civilizations have been wiped out. They aren't as developed and prosperous as maybe some others.

Power level seem to have some effect on mortal level since the Grand Priest said Zen'o was surprised that mortals from the lower universes had such strong fighters. It's probably just one factor out of many and remember.

Also, everyone on the U7 team are outlier. For decades, the strongest being in the universe was Namek Saga Frieza and the Ginyu Force was the elite of the universe. It was only in the last two decades that the power levels starting going up for the outliers.

Goku has shown to be able to heal before. He did the same to Freeza, back in Namek. It's just transferring his ki. Plus that desfilbilartor thing we know he has.

I wonder about how he healed Roshi, it looked like he transfered God Ki in the end.

Off topic, but I am so happy that Roshi will be part of the collaboration between Dragon Ball and One Piece:

Eventhough that a collaboration with One Punch Man would be more relevant (seeing Saitama's level which is within if not beyond Dragon Ball highest levels).

Dude, Cross Epoch is years old.

Azerare

Goku has shown to be able to heal before. He did the same to Freeza, back in Namek. It's just transferring his ki. Plus that desfilbilartor thing we know he has.

I wonder about how he healed Roshi, it looked like he transfered God Ki in the end.
Yeah he did.

Roshi now confirmed to have God Ki?!

angelic

Banned
I think mortal level = power level, and on the average Uni 7 is the 2nd worst. It's just that Eearth and planet Vegeta had a lot of fighting history and Goku, Vegeta and Freeza are freaks.

It absolutely isn't, if it was power level, it would be called power level. The most clear demonstration that mortal level = enlightenment level is Universe 9. The GoD was morally weak, the Kai was a scumbag, and the universe was portrayed (and outright called it by themselves) as being brutish and rough (during the Freeza recruitment, amongst other times)...hence they were bottom of the league table. It's even more blatantly enlightenment level down to how much of DB is based on Buddhist philosophy, the ultimate goal of which is enlightenment..not power.

tl;dr - mortal level = enlightenment level, not power.

Baleoce

It was a nice touch that his actions were acknowledged by Beerus and he wanted to know his name.

On a separate subject altogether... wtf how did Beerus not know the name of a member on his own team? xD

Laziest and consequently the best god.

angelic

Banned
Yes that was brilliant. Beerus only takes on board information if he deems it worth knowing, he's very selective.

Even these low key episodes are brilliant, loving the show right now.

HardRojo

Watched the episode before sleeping yesterday but was too tired to comment on it, as I came back from a local fighting games event. Loved Beerus' reactions lol, and then at the end he asked for Roshi's name, damn! For a moment there I really thought Roshi died :(

It was a nice touch that his actions were acknowledged by Beerus and he wanted to know his name.

On a separate subject altogether... wtf how did Beerus not know the name of a member on his own team? xD

Laziest and consequently the best god.

I mean... I don't think he knows anyones name on the team aside from Goku and Vegeta. "Hey Goku's kid!"

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
I was surprised the writers gave Goku a moment to care. He's been so battle lustful in this series, it was nice to see him actually have a connection with Roshi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom