• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnDoe

Banned
As someone who have much more nostalgia for OG Dragon Ball than Z, seeing the lullaby technique and hearing him say the Turtle way again send me chills. I love how much fan service there is for OG DB fans in Super.

f7e01c3cfd1d388917eab69f956a6c64.jpg

I gotta admit I got really emotional there.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Frieza is spying on Cabba.

Roshi outlasting Vegeta, the androids, and Piccolo, would be the best thing about this arc.

Besides U6 winning.

Roshi could outlast the other fighters by just saying "hey, you had a close one there old timer, you better rest off screen."

LordOfChaos

"The power that would have wasted, is now pent up in my body beyond its limits! It's boiling up like magma!"

Roshi buys the /r/nofap idea I see.

Also Beerus being Roshi's #1 cheerleader is my new favorite character dynamic

VeeP

Best part of the episode was when Beerus asked Master Roshi's name. You can tell it was a sign of respect, and the only person Beerus really respects in this show is Zeno and Whis.

Besides that, I loved the callbacks to DB. Solid episode.

Tsunamo

Best part of the episode was when Beerus asked Master Roshi's name. You can tell it was a sign of respect, and the only person Beerus really respects in this show is Zeno and Whis.
He respects Turin enough to know his name.
I would have been so much better is Roshi died for real...
The drama, feelings and all... could have triggered Goku.
The way Goku reacted was quite sad. It was like he was a kid again, torn up at the thought of his master dying.

Zalman

I was surprised the writers gave Goku a moment to care. He's been so battle lustful in this series, it was nice to see him actually have a connection with Roshi.
It reminded me slightly of when he found out Zamasu/Black had killed Goten and Chi-Chi. I want more moments like that.

The Light

All these props beerus handing out would mean more coming from vegeta (Does vegeta even know who Roshi is?) who has shown he has zero respect for earth's fighters aside from goku and gohan.

Also this tournament kinda failing in having interactions with characters that isn't expected.

That was fucking dope and Roshi shows he still got it.

I think it would have been more emotional if Krillin was on the field but his knowledge for the peanut gallery can suffice.

Also LOL @ Goku basically swatting that guy like some fly after seeing his master almost dying. The master where even to this day he wears the gi as a sign of respect.

Now Tien its time...

Rutger

Banned
I would have been so much better is Roshi died for real...
The drama, feelings and all... could have triggered Goku.
I think it was fine.
That's actually what I was thinking. Kind of like what happened when Frieza killed Krillin.

And this is why. It's been done, it wouldn't even be the first time Roshi died from pushing himself too far.

Let's keep Roshi around and let him do more things instead of retreading history(that's Frieza's job).

Holy shit, Master friggin Roshi! Now this is what I call a great episode. And to think I was initially disappointed that an episode would be focusing on him. I expected it to not be very good at all.

It was great seeing Goku show that level of emotion and finally take things ultra serious. This is definitely one of the strongest episodes of this tournament and one of the best of super period. The team is definitely turning this up a few notches. Also it looks like Goku managed to do something pretty special with his Super Saiyan Blue power in order to bring Master Roshi back.

LogicStep

What an amazing episode, Muten Roshi!

Holy shit, Master friggin Roshi! Now this is what I call a great episode. And to think I was initially disappointed that an episode would be focusing on him. I expected it to not be very good at all

I thought the same thing last week and now I'm ashamed of having even thought that.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
It's funny, the animators are showing everyone that they actually could create cool hand to hand fights that mimic the OG dragonball with this episode as a glimpse of that, but that's not what the creator/directors want apparently. So it's back to flashy beam attacks next week.

This was one of my favorite episodes of Super, but it is also upsetting to realize this.

Was nice to see roshi talk about krillin and goku. They were the original training buddies. Roshi is basically foster dad for goku and krillin at this stage.

Baleoce

Was nice to see roshi talk about krillin and goku. They were the original training buddies. Roshi is basically foster dad for goku and krillin at this stage.

Makes me slightly bitter about Krillins overall input on this tournament. Even if he did have a little moment.

Rutger

Banned
Makes me slightly bitter about Krillins overall input on this tournament. Even if he did have a little moment.

Yeah, it's a shame Krillin didn't get as good of an episode.

But at least his recruitment for this arc is still one of the best episodes in the series.

NEO0MJ

Holy shit, Master friggin Roshi! Now this is what I call a great episode. And to think I was initially disappointed that an episode would be focusing on him. I expected it to not be very good at all.

I thought the same thing last week and now I'm ashamed of having even thought that.

I too am ashamed.

Oh ye of little faith. Must have been high on that 17 stuff to doubt the Turtle Hermit.

He took out Ganos, one of the only important ones now Tien is going to take out the invisible fighters

Isn't the sniper from U2?

caliph95

Yup, hopefully next episode Goku and Vegeta don't get the kill.

I mean, one of them knocked out 18 of the stage. And two of them lost because Zeno didn't care at all about the rules about items. Quitela doesn't have it easy :p
That wolf cheated against 18 and Jerry God is am asshole to Tom God

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom