• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I-hate-u

Caway is one of top 10 strongest people in her entire universe. Let that sink in for a second.

How trash are U3/4/9/10? Going into this arc, I expected almost all the contenders to be at minimum of Piccolo's caliber or higher.

Hollycat

Caway is one of top 10 strongest people in her entire universe. Let that sink in for a second.

How trash are U3/4/9/10? Going into this arc, I expected almost all the contenders to be at minimum of Piccolo's caliber or higher.
I'm getting the feeling that the average fighter in this tournament is weaker than Frieza was when he first showed up.

Oh ye of little faith. Must have been high on that 17 stuff to doubt the Turtle Hermit.
Both 17 and Roshi are cool, no need to diminish the other.
That wolf cheated against 18 and Jerry God is am asshole to Tom God
Champa's been an asshole to Beerus too but nobody bats an eye :p

Roshi's too OP

caliph95

You we're expecting too much

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

I guess with 70 fighters they had to make a large chunk of them disposable...

MKIL65

Beers does plus they're twin brothers..... .. somehow

We always get to see Goku's dad, Vegeta's dad, Frieza's dad etc.

Wouldn't be surprising if we only get to hear about Beerus and Champa's dad, but not their mother.

The alien mother equivalents never seems to be brought up.

Red Devil

Really liked this episode even if Roshi isn't one of my favourites. I knew Ganos was one to be taken out quickly once the U4 guys began to fall like flies, he's been around for too long.

Maybe Goku is finally going to be serious now after that scene.

Well, he wasn't caught off guard this episode, I think.

Magetta-"How strange, I could have sworn I heard the encouraging words my father, reaching across time and space...."

I found that strange, for a second I thought Magetta was going to take on Roshi.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| It isn't against the rules if Zen finds it amazing

NEO0MJ

I was actually one of the few that didn't go crazy over that 17 episode.

Whoops, sorry. Regardless, now even Roshi has gotten some demand to join Fighter Z XD

Both 17 and Roshi are cool, no need to diminish the other.

Didn't mean to diminish 17. Now we can go back to mocking Tien, unless he also gets a moment of awesome :p

Though more seriously, I kinda feel bad for Yamcha fans since his friends preferred to take a warmongering psychopath over him for what seems to be an arc meant to give the fodder a chance to shine in a fight.

I-hate-u

I guess with 70 fighters they had to make a large chunk of them disposable...

It's looking more likely that unless some twist happens that interrupts the tournament, Jiren and Toppo will knock out 90% of everyone remaining of U7 except for Goku.

HeroR

I'm getting the feeling that the average fighter in this tournament is weaker than Frieza was when he first showed up.

Well Frieza was hot shit in U7 until Super Saiyan Goku. Vegeta was considered on of the strongest in the universe with a power level of 18,000.

I don't think it's that unbelievable honestly. Like every member of U7's team is as powerful as they are in part because of Goku or a Goku-related coincidence. Remove him from U7's history and we get a team of what? Dabura, Namek Frieza, The Ginyu Force, Saiyan saga Vegeta, Nappa, and I guess DK Piccolo or Raditz? They would have gotten stomped too.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Its good that they use weaker characters like Roshi to take out people that Goku and co. Would have problems with, I was afraid it was just gonna be land of scrubs with that part of the cast.

Skeeter49

I like that Roshi's justification for fighting all these people were, "everyone else is too careless to fight you's."

Makes Roshi's role clear more than Krillins or Tien's.

It was also neat that he was studying people. What did Roshi learn about Jiren?

I-hate-u

I don't think it's that unbelievable honestly. Like every member of U7's team is as powerful as they are in part because of Goku or a Goku-related coincidence. Remove him from U7's history and we get a team of what? Dabura, Namek Frieza, The Ginyu Force, Saiyan saga Vegeta, Nappa, and I guess DK Piccolo or Raditz? They would have gotten stomped too.

Buu?

He would wreck almost all of the contestants considering he would have his evil self still. Also, Guldo would be a huge trump card for U7 if they worked together as a team.

Hollycat

Well Frieza was hot shit in U7 until Super Saiyan Goku. Vegeta was considered on of the strongest in the universe with a power level of 18,000.
Exactly. Its really not that surprising most competitors arent above that level. Frieza was an untouched mutant who nobody could beat. Even beerus was surprised when he learned frieza was beaten. U7 has been through some heckin rough stuff.

caliph95

Exactly. Its really not that surprising most competitors arent above that level. Frieza was an untouched mutant who nobody could beat. Even beerus was surprised when he learned frieza was beaten. U7 has been through some heckin rough stuff.
Well good thing it allows them to be stronger than everybody but Jiren

Buu?

He would wreck almost all of the contestants considering he would have his evil self still.

Buu is a weird one... If goku didn't exist, either Babidi would have failed in reviving him through lack of energy, or he would have used Buu to kill Shin and by extension beerus and then who knows if that's enough to cause the Angels to intervene or what.

LotusHD

Banned
It's looking more likely that unless some twist happens that interrupts the tournament, Jiren and Toppo will knock out 90% of everyone remaining of U7 except for Goku.

Starting to doubt this will happen unless U7 just goes and charges at Jiren. As for Toppo specifically, I dunno what will happen.

Champa's been supporting other Universes in taking down U7 but Quitela gets all the hate. Maybe he should get a vuvuzela or something
Beers does plus they're twin brothers..... .. somehow

Plus Jerry deserves it
you're going to miss that 'kekekeke' and you know it
Didn't mean to diminish 17. Now we can go back to mocking Tien, unless he also gets a moment of awesome :p

Though more seriously, I kinda feel bad for Yamcha fans since his friends preferred to take a warmongering psychopath over him for what seems to be an arc meant to give the fodder a chance to shine in a fight.
Lol yeah I feel bad for them too. At least Yamcha has the advantage of hitting Beerus and tanking Champa's baseball hit :p

VariantX

Damn, I forget this. Likely even Yamcha at his peak would have been near or beyond that by the time androids showed up since he was still bothering to train back then.

Ogodei

Buu?

He would wreck almost all of the contestants considering he would have his evil self still. Also, Guldo would be a huge trump card for U7 if they worked together as a team.

Buu would've been in the ball still if not for Goku.

You'd probably have Frieza, King Cold, Dabura, Yakov (or however it's spelled, that monster Babidi had), Puipui (Babidi's other elite servant), and then the Ginyu Force.

HeroR

It would be:

1. Dabura
2. Namek Saga Frieza
3. Ginyu
4 - 7: Jeice, Burta, and Recoome
8. Zarbon
9. Dodoria
10. Guildo

Or:

1. Fat Buu
2. Dabura
3. Namek Saga Frieza
4. Ginyu
5 - 8. Jeice, Burta, and Recoome
9. Early Namek Saga Vegeta
10. Zarbon or Guildo

Out of this list, Fat Buu may go far, but that's if anyone can control him and he doesn't get DQ from eating someone. Dabura would so okay, but can't go the distance. Frieza would take out the higher level fodder, but will eventually get wasted, especially with his stamina issues. Guildo Can do a lot of damage, but his low stamina and low battle power will be his undoing. The rest is fodder.

Conclusion, U7 would be the U10 of this reality.

Edit: Forgot King Cold. He would kick either Zarbon, Guildo, Dodoria, or Vegeta off the team. He would performed the same as Frieza.

VeeP

Damn, I forget this. Likely even Yamcha at his peak would have been near or beyond that by the time androids showed up since he was still bothering to train back then.

The Yamcha we deserved...

OI4xuFU.png

NEO0MJ

It was also neat that he was studying people. What did Roshi learn about Jiren?

That he has a really mean stare.
I liked that Roshi was taking time to study the competition. He was always good at dissecting fighters potential and moves.

Lol yeah I feel bad for them too. At least Yamcha has the advantage of hitting Beerus and tanking Champa's baseball hit :p

That's why I mentioned fight! Poor Yamcha just relived his most defining moment in that baseball game. Forget about everything that happened in DB, getting pathetically blown up by a freaking vegetable is what he's now known for :p

Espada

In terms of cleaning up the rest of the universes + dramatic effect, it's more likely that we get more episodes of U7 fighters taking out people from the remaining universes. U7 is the main reason most of the audience is watching this show. Once it gets down to the last few relevant universes, that's when we start getting the dramatic KOs that make everyone sit up.

I don't think U6 will make it to the end. A combination of U7 and U11 fighters will dispose of them, in dramatic fashion of course.

Supast4r

Damn what a great episode. They literally put all of Roshi's techniques in this arc, and seeing the Goku/Roshi/Krillin interactions dynamic after almost 20 years is heart warming. But I wonder why didn't they knock him off or retire him tho, seems like there's no where to go with his character.

He better be in DBZ F.

Of course he will be in. He trained most of the Z fighters.

Skeeter49

I'm curious who will take each person out from U7. My guess

Tien: After Tien
helps take out the U2 fighter,
one of the invisible U4 fighters knocks him out at the end of 106.

Vegeta: In 107 Vegeta joins forces with Cabba to take out U3, but gets knocked out when one of them threatens to kill Cabba, even if it means being DQed.

18- Finds herself fighting Frost, but ultimately loses to him.

17- Taken out by Ribrianne when she either has a second transformation, or has a power boosting technique.

Piccolo- Taken out by a U6 Namekian or the Yardrat.

Roshi- Taken out by Magetta

Frieza- Taken out by either Caulifla or Jiren

Goku and Gohan win

I-hate-u

In terms of cleaning up the rest of the universes + dramatic effect, it's more likely that we get more episodes of U7 fighters taking out people from the remaining universes. U7 is the main reason most of the audience is watching this show. Once it gets down to the last few relevant universes, that's when we start getting the dramatic KOs that make everyone sit up.

I don't think U6 will make it to the end. A combination of U7 and U11 fighters will dispose of them, in dramatic fashion of course.

They spent so much effort to establish the U6 Saiyans and then wipe them off?

Nah, no way. Champa is too precious to the series as well.

LotusHD

Banned

If we don't have an easier way to hang out/communicate with U6 when this is all over, then what was the point of this arc ;D

Skeeter49

To be fair, the only U6 saiyan to get any focus in this tournament is Kale.

Cabba deserves the lack of focus, but don't fuck over Caulifla :(

janoDX

I think U7, 6 and 11 will remain and it will be 3 taking on 1 U11 guy.

3 on Jiren, 3 on Toppo and 3 on the Beerus lookalike.

NEO0MJ

17- Taken out by Ribrianne when she either has a second transformation, or has a power boosting technique.

I'm actually expecting that Toppo will prove how serious he is by knocking out Ribrianna while in the middle of a transformation, showing that survival is now more important to him than even posing.

I remember him getting called out plenty for being a jerk to Beerus though.

But at least it's not like that's his entire character so far.
Hmm I don't recall that, but if that's the case then it's cool with me. It just seems weird to me since Beerus wished for his Earth to come back and all.

Vegeta: In 107 Vegeta joins forces with Cabba to take out U3, but gets knocked out when one of them threatens to kill Cabba, even if it means being DQed.

Goku and Gohan win
I like how you still follow the ending's prediction
If we don't have an easier way to hang out/communicate with U6 when this is all over, then what was the point of this arc ;D
Roshi's episode

Espada

You really think the universes are going to be permanently deleted? They're going to be brought back or fused with the remaining universe, they're not going to dump folks like Champa, Kale, Hit, etc...

I think U7, 6 and 11 will remain and it will be 3 taking on 1 U11 guy.

3 on Jiren, 3 on Toppo and 3 on the Beerus lookalike.

That would be an awesome way to end this.

Kevinroc

Goku and Gohan win

Tenshinhan: Taken out after exposing the hidden fighters of U4.

Vegeta: Sneak attack by Frost.

18 and 17 will be knocked out together.

Piccolo: Taking a hit meant for Gohan. (It's not like DBS doesn't like to use this plot point.)

Roshi: One of the really strong fighters that his attacks don't work on.

Frieza: Frost. May be a mutually assured take down. Frieza may kill Frost and be disqualified. Or Frost may stab him in the back and walk away (only for Frost to be taken down later.) But I think Frost will be at the center of Frieza's downfall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom