• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I-hate-u

You really think the universes are going to be permanently deleted? They're going to be brought back or fused with the remaining universe, they're not going to dump folks like Champa, Kale, Hit, etc...

That's going to be one sad episode when that happens. Beerus cares about Champa, don't let his front fool you.

Espada

At this point, I feel like Frieza has to be taken out by Jiren or Toppo (in a double KO in the latter case).

I'm still not actually convinced they're going to take out most of U7. We'll see when it happens.

That's going to be one sad episode when that happens. Beerus cares about Champa, don't let his front fool you.

Exactly. A new cast of characters everyone had grown fond of, gone. It wouldn't just be Beerus either. I'm sure Vegeta would be upset that Cabba disappearing, Goku and Hit, etc...
Unless they screw up royally, the final parts of this tournament should be intense as hell.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I'm curious who will take each person out from U7. My guess

Tien: After Tien
helps take out the U2 fighter,
one of the invisible U4 fighters knocks him out at the end of 106.

Vegeta: In 107 Vegeta joins forces with Cabba to take out U3, but gets knocked out when one of them threatens to kill Cabba, even if it means being DQed.

18- Finds herself fighting Frost, but ultimately loses to him.

17- Taken out by Ribrianne when she either has a second transformation, or has a power boosting technique.

Piccolo- Taken out by a U6 Namekian or the Yardrat.

Roshi- Taken out by Magetta

Frieza- Taken out by either Caulifla or Jiren

Goku and Gohan win

I wouldn't even be mad.

smurfx

get some go again
have they said what happens if you kill somebody in the tournament? does that person get disqualified only or does the team get disqualified?

...Well, I GUESS there's still a chance they'll let Roshi perform an actual, proper Slowly Transformative Detailed Kamehameha as is natural and just for a true DB callback with how things ended---but sooner than later would've been more prudent.

Surprisingly less going on music wise this ep as well---guess next will do better.

He took out Ganos, one of the only important ones now Tien is going to take out the invisible fighters
Griffon.PNG

Ganos transformed reminded me of Griffon / Tizoc from Garou Mark of Wolves.

Red Devil

have they said what happens if you kill somebody in the tournament? does that person get disqualified only or does the team get disqualified?

I suppose the killer gets disqualified, what I wonder is if the dead fighter would be allowed to continue, after all Frieza is dead and is in tournament.

Kyzer

Banned
I dont think Goku and Gohan are gonna win. I think its been too easy of a ride and their power too hyped. Jirens gonna win, maybe w Toppo. Then theyre gonna have like a touching moment about justice and life or something and maybe a flashback to goku helping hit and crying about master roshi and they will wish everyone back with the super dragon balls. There will probably be some catch and all the jobber universes stay deleted.

Another notch on the eventual war against the gods and great priest arc that will end with vegeta becoming GoD and lead into a total replacement of GT thats like Dragon Ball Power Rangers Adventures revolving around Pan, Trunks, Goten, Cabba, and Caulifla.

Sony

Nintendo
Loved this ep ^^ I wish Roshi almost dying changed the tone of the tournament. It's universal survival, not a playground

Morlas

I'm actually expecting that Toppo will prove how serious he is by knocking out Ribrianna while in the middle of a transformation, showing that survival is now more important to him than even posing.

survival more important than posing? have you never seen JoJo in your life?!?!?

Daingurse

This episode was great, and far exceeded my expectations. I almost teared up at the end, and really thought Roshi was about to die.

Also, I couldn't help but ponder what Roshi's power level is lol. The man is straight beasting. Just makes me think why this dude didn't help fight Raditz, bahahaha.

NEO0MJ

survival more important than posing? have you never seen JoJo in your life?!?!?

Toppo isn't JoJo, he's sentai :p
Like I said, it was just an idea to show how he's now willing to break his old rules, kicking out the one he just defended 15 minutes ago.

Also, I couldn't help but ponder what Roshi's power level is lol. The man is straight beasting. Just makes me think why this dude didn't help fight Raditz, bahahaha.

He actually volunteered to go with Goku (I think?) but since he already died once Goku couldn't risk him dying again in a time when Shen Ron could only revive a person once. Plus Raditz's scanner showed him to have a low power level so there was that, too.

HeroR

This episode was great, and far exceeded my expectations. I almost teared up at the end, and really thought Roshi was about to die.

He got stronger by training since he was inspired by his students to break his limits.

Welfare

That was an amazing episode. My favorite of the arc so far. Actually got emotional when Roshi recited the Turtle Master Way, and then destroyed Ganos.

It does seem like Goku (unwillingly?) used God Ki to bring Roshi back, enough to where he got knocked out of it. I do wonder if there will be comment on it or if Goku even realizes what he did.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I say it once. I'm very happy with Super. A lot are disappointed that it's not Z, but I love how this series brought a lot back from the original DB and this arc is really showing.

If I want to say it, it's simply more fun than serious. It's been a great balance between the original and Z.

Akiller

Holy shit, the feels got me offguard, but i feel Roshi "surviving" kinda ruined the climax his scene built.

He should have been just eliminated for K.O

Also this

I think i've never seen Goku crying, i'm kinda shocked rofl

Supast4r

I say it once. I'm very happy with Super. A lot are disappointed that it's not Z, but I love how this series brought a lot back from the original DB and this arc is really showing.

If I want to say it, it's simply more fun than serious. It's been a great balance between the original and Z.
Super is honestly better than Z imho. If they make an another arc as good as Goku Black then it easily surpassed Z.

janoDX

Every new chapter I'm thinking that Super is overall better than Z. They have that OG DB charm with the Z madness combined, the early episodes got "fixed" on the dubbed/BD versions. Black was a good arc with an ending that everyone talked about because they "lost", I think the low point of the series was RoF and U6 vs U7.

Mory Dunz

I'm not as high on Z as some, but I don't see how Super can compare to Z, when the best Super arc is still worse than the worst Z arc. If Buu arc is considered the worst between Sayain, Namek, Android/Cell, Buu, I'd watch Buu any day over the Black arc.

I'll say the Black arc may have had the best start of any arc. That's about all I can put over for it.

Big One

Banned
We always get to see Goku's dad, Vegeta's dad, Frieza's dad etc.

Wouldn't be surprising if we only get to hear about Beerus and Champa's dad, but not their mother.

The alien mother equivalents never seems to be brought up.
Eh to be honest, Beerus and Champa are like millions years old. They probably don't even really remember too much about their actual families or origins. Beerus can barely remember what he's doing on a day-to-day basis other than he wants to eat food.

LotusHD

Banned
I'm still not really bothered by anyone preferring Super to Z, because I never thought Z was this paragon of excellence that justifies saying stuff like "Let's not get carried away there." Obviously though, it's a classic nonetheless.

I too feel that Z is overall better, but it's whatever, people got opinions. At the end of the day, it's more Dragon Ball lol

Big One

Banned
I actually think both Battle of Gods arc and Future Trunks arc is better than the Boo arc in Z, for better or worse. The Universal Survival arc has been pretty damn good too so far! I got soured on the Boo arc big time when I switched to the original manga version. One of the few times I prefer Z with all of it's filler in-tact.

HeroR

It called opinions. If someone likes Super more than Z, then their opinion shouldn't be dismissed as 'getting carry away'. Like I don't see how anyone can call the Cell Saga good outside of a few scenes and how it's revered as one of the best arcs, but it's their taste.

And personally, I take the Future Trunks over anything in Dragon Ball outside Namek and even that's close. This saga hasn't surpassed the Future Trunks Saga imo, but I would put it above the Saiyan Saga at this point. Champa Saga, while I like it, its overall the weakest tourument after Baba. I won't count the retellings, although I would watched the Resurrection 'F' Saga over the Cell Saga any day.

To me, Super and Z are about equal. Super fixes a lot of the issues I had with Z. But, Super hasn't surpassed Z in what it does extremely well. However, if Super keeps what it's doing up, I will start comparing it to the original Dragon Ball about which one I like better.

MKIL65

Eh to be honest, Beerus and Champa are like millions years old. They probably don't even really remember too much about their actual families or origins. Beerus can barely remember what he's doing on a day-to-day basis other than he wants to eat food.

Well, Frieza seems to have known Beerus for a long time. So I wonder how old he would be.

Age seems pretty meaningless, considering a 349 year old man is still doing just fine.

Let's not get carried away there

Well, Zamasu/Black arc is much better than the Majin Buu arc imo. But that's not much of an accomplishment.

I've yet to see anything come close to the Saiyan and Namek/Frieza arc. So I have hard time admitting Super being better than Z, considering how much of a snooze fest this arc has been. With the exception of episode 105.

Supast4r

It called opinions. If someone likes Super more than Z, then their opinion shouldn't be dismissed as 'getting carry away'. Like I don't see how anyone can call the Cell Saga good outside of a few scenes and how it's revered as one of the best arcs, but it's their taste.

And personally, I take the Future Trunks over anything in Dragon Ball outside Namek and even that's close. This saga hasn't surpassed the Future Trunks Saga imo, but I would put it above the Saiyan Saga at this point. Champa Saga, while I like it, its overall the weakest tourument after Baba. I won't count the retellings, although I would watched the Resurrection 'F' Saga over the Cell Saga any day.

To me, Super and Z are about equal. Super fixes a lot of the issues I had with Z. But, Super hasn't surpassed Z in what it does extremely well. However, if Super keeps what it's doing up, I will start comparing it to the original Dragon Ball about which one I like better.
This is close to my opinion. I feel like super is paced along better than Z was. That's why it feels better to watch. Imho They are very close to being equal. If there is another arc as interesting as Blacks arc, then it pushes it over the edge for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom