• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
e3460e8021353d5d0d6fee6b6d2fe96128813b31_hq.gif
da gawd!

Alecs27

Neo Member
I honestly don't think a single fight was bad in the arc.

Maybe the one at the beginning of episode 62 but that one is saved by Black being a badass.
What? The good looking ones were only a few, and many were horrible, like Goku vs Black when he finds out he killed Chichi and Goten, Trunks Ikari vs Black first fight and Vegeta vs Black first fight. They'll get better near the end with the highlight of Vegeta va Black second fight Trunks va Black and Zamasu second fight and Vegeth va Zamasu Merged. Imho u6/u7 arc had better fights

HeroR

What? The good looking ones were only a few, and many were horrible, like Goku vs Black when he finds out he killed Chichi and Goten, Trunks Ikari vs Black first fight and Vegeta vs Black first fight. They'll get better near the end with the highlight of Vegeta va Black second fight Trunks va Black and Zamasu second fight and Vegeth va Zamasu Merged. Imho u6/u7 arc had better fights

How did that look horrible?

daveo42

Banned
As far as I could tell, nothing has been that bad animation wise when it comes to fights. Hit and miss, sure, but not appalling. I mean, we should be glad none of the fights have devolved into that Super Shenron sequence at the end of the first Tournament Arc.

HeroR

The animation was very poor, like they didn't even try. The scene where Black killed Goten and Chichi was very well made though, just like the scene where Trunks throws a Galick Gun to Black.

You're honest the first person I've seen who called the animation of that fight horrible especially with the whole "like they didn't even try".

Alecs27

Neo Member
You're honest the first person I've seen who called the animation of that fight horrible especially with the whole "like they didn't even try".
I dunno I think the animation is stiff and not well coreographed, it's the moment that made me hyped, not the realization of the scene (until Black ki sword attack, that was nice).

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
To be fair, the storyboarding before the current arc was still very static in a lot of places. It took a new director to bring in better use of 3D space, more interesting scene framing, etc.

lol

I didn't think any fights in that arc were bad. None that I can think of anyway. Plenty were meh though. My two favorite fights in that arc is that first one with Trunks and Black, and Vegeta's beatdown on Black.

Hit vs Goku is still the best big fight so far imo.

Vegito Blue balled me

Geets beat down of Black was the most cathartic.

Goku vs Ultimate Gohan was good too

Gohan vs Tien is incredible.

Piccolo vs Frost was still pretty decent for how badly produced it was. Goku vs Hit, at least that one episode was good. Most of the fights from the U6 tournament in the manga I had more fun with except for the Hit fight and Piccolo vs Frost.

kuYuri

A part of me started thinking of an alternate universe where Videl didn't stop being a fighter so soon after Buu's defeat.

Would have been cool to see Future Videl in Future Trunks's timeline somehow. I wonder what Satan was up to in that timeline, if he was even alive...

Zalman

Blue Vegito looks awesome, but for the sake of the show I'm glad there's a time limit on him. Fusion would be the easy way out of everything.

Chinner

Banned
i remember when people were suggesting gokus new form would be related to that episode where he was trapped in that death energy ball intended for freeza. i mean any guess is as good as any at this point.

Nightbird

i remember when people were suggesting gokus new form would be related to that episode where he was trapped in that death energy ball intended for freeza lol

Wut.

Don't tell me it's some kind of "he kept some of that energy" shit?

A aah, who am I kidding ._.

caliph95

i remember when people were suggesting gokus new form would be related to that episode where he was trapped in that death energy ball intended for freeza. i mean any guess is as good as any at this point.

Wut.

Don't tell me it's some kind of "he kept some of that energy" shit?

A aah, who am I kidding ._.
I swear if Goku pulls Hakai I'll ...........
Shrug and say it's "Super" and probably bitch on the internet

Chinner

Banned
I think all the super transformations have been kinda eh. The forms are not bad, but they don't really do any build ups. Dbz had some nice build ups with goku and gohan at least.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I think all the super transformations have been kinda eh. The forms are not bad, but they don't really do any build ups. Dbz had some nice build ups with goku and gohan at least.
You're not wrong. It's part of why I really don't care right now unless they deliver something compelling in the show.

You're not wrong. It's part of why I really don't care right now unless they deliver something compelling in the show.

It's the worst part about Super. I don't even see the excitement of a new form considering another one might just come by. Rosé and blue should be the limit.

It's not even just the build up, there's just no stand out badass moments to go along with the initial transformations. SSJ3 had no build up, but everyone remembers the 10 hour scream, the shaking of the planet, everyone scared and in awe, and how dominant it was against Buu. SSBKK10 is the best Super has had.

daveo42

Banned

I think part of it is how the whole series feels more streamlined in terms of build up and fights. Things move along at a nice pace overall, but it doesn't leave any room for the sort of buildup you got in Dragon Ball or Z. Forms just show up out of nowhere because the story demands them to keep pace with the exponential power curve.

caliph95

My opinion is hilarious? You're a Super fanboy if you think Black arc was perfect, it had a lot of flaws, mainly in the script, animation and finale. I just think that u6/u7 in its simplicity worked better.
You're a Super fanboy if you think one arc in Super is better on one arc in Super?

I get it opinions and all but in don't follow your logic there

Fj0823

My opinion is hilarious? You're a Super fanboy if you think Black arc was perfect, it had a lot of flaws, mainly in the script, animation and finale. I just think that u6/u7 in its simplicity worked better.

So like every single Dragon Ball Arc after OG DB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom