• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion is hilarious? You're a Super fanboy if you think Black arc was perfect, it had a lot of flaws, mainly in the script, animation and finale. I just think that u6/u7 in its simplicity worked better.

Well, it's a good thing I never said this.

2 of the fights you mentioned got ruined by their conclusion.

I will give you Vegeta vs Hit. That one was very satisfying.

Honestly, as far as legacy goes, Vegeta's slacking. He hasn't exactly got a form where its like synonymous with that character.

When you think of SSJ or the Godform, you think of Goku

When you think of SSJ2, you think of Gohan

Even Trunks, I'd argue that he represents the "Bulky" form more than Vegeta did. Especially since we've seen it again from him.

Sloppy seconds for days.

Honestly, as far as legacy goes, Vegeta's slacking. He hasn't exactly got a form where its like synonymous with that character.

Even Trunks, I'd argue that he represents the "Bulky" form more than Vegeta did. Especially since we've seen it again from him.

Sloppy seconds for days.

Vegeta will be remembered for this:

b6badc22ac319af4420961364ca211af37ff0063_hq.gif

LotusHD

Banned

Sloppy seconds for days.

His only legacy is having the cooler son.
I'm like half-joking.

I still find it hard to take that beatdown as a glorious moment for Vegeta considering how hard Black rekt'd him earlier.

I mean that's what makes it so good. Why would him getting wrecked earlier make this worse?

If anything it's what happens afterwards the undermines this moment. The fact that he got that much stronger from being wrecked by Black earlier is what makes this so impressive.

LotusHD

Banned
I mean that's what makes it so good. Why would him getting wrecked earlier make this worse?

If anything it's what happens afterwards the undermines this moment. The fact that he got that much stronger from being wrecked by Black earlier is what makes this so impressive.

Because that's like, Vegeta's M.O. Acts all haughty and shit as if he hasn't been repeatedly humbled hard af throughout the series, including him doing just that to characters that are stronger than him. The only time I ever really go with the flow is when it is very clear that he's confirmed to be stronger than the enemy, because for me personally, Vegeta is at his most entertaining when he knows he's going to win. Obviously yes, his whole pride thing is a big part of why people like him, and being prideful in a universe like this isn't inherently bad or anything, I've just... always found it hilarious is all. Vegeta may come across as him pretending that earlier humiliation didn't happen, but I sure didn't. In isolation of course, it was certainly cool.

Also it stuck out more with Black because he wasn't really all that injured by the beatdown. A mix of DBS being reluctant to show proper damage, as well as Black just being that strong (He was still stronger than Vegeta, wasn't he?) I suppose.

Exactly.

The gif is missing the part where Vegeta headbutted him afterwards.

Only then would it be glorious!

Lol

NeonZ

Also it stuck out more with Black because he wasn't really all that injured by the beatdown. A mix of DBS being reluctant to show proper damage, as well as Black just being that strong (He was still stronger than Vegeta, wasn't he?) I suppose.

He was weaker than Vegeta at that point, but then he claims that the source of Vegeta's power is anger, and powers up himself too. Afterwards they don't clash directly, but we see one of his clones hitting Vegeta.

Because that's like, Vegeta's M.O. Acts all haughty and shit as if he hasn't been repeatedly humbled hard af throughout the series, including him doing just that to characters that are stronger than him. The only time I ever really go with the flow is when it is very clear that he's confirmed to be stronger than the enemy, because for me personally, Vegeta is at his most entertaining when he knows he's going to win. Obviously yes, his whole pride thing is a big part of why people like him, and being prideful in a universe like this isn't inherently bad or anything, I've just... always found it hilarious is all. Vegeta may come across as him pretending that earlier humiliation didn't happen, but I sure didn't. In isolation of course, it was certainly cool.

No Vegeta was definitely stronger for those moments.

If you're talking about his speech being kinda whack for these reasons then I agree with that but the actual feat is impressive to me.

LotusHD

Banned
He was weaker than Vegeta at that point, but then he claims that the source of Vegeta's power is anger, and powers up himself too. Afterwards they don't clash directly, but we see one of his clones hitting Vegeta.

No Vegeta was definitely stronger for those moments.

If you're talking about his speech being kinda whack for these reasons then I agree with that but the actual feat is impressive to me.

Ah, okay.

Tien was the who told Gohan to stop training after Cell and again after Buu, leading Gohan to be completely humiliated when shit hit the fan. Finally he got his revenge.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Tien was the who told Gohan to stop training after Cell and again after Buu, leading Gohan to be completely humiliated when shit hit the fan. Finally he got his revenge.

He did? Dude put the Earth at risk for no goddamned reason, twice. Tien is worst character confirmed.

Skeeter49

Tien's the reason Gohan dropped the earring, embarassing himself in front of his father.

If Tien didn't save Gohan, he wouldn't have lived long enough to suffer that humiliation.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
It's the worst part about Super. I don't even see the excitement of a new form considering another one might just come by. Rosé and blue should be the limit.

Because it looks cool... or whatever. Yay marketing.

It's not even just the build up, there's just no stand out badass moments to go along with the initial transformations. SSJ3 had no build up, but everyone remembers the 10 hour scream, the shaking of the planet, everyone scared and in awe, and how dominant it was against Buu. SSBKK10 is the best Super has had.

Yeah, even without build up SSJ3 held a ton of weight... Toriyama did a good job of making it feel "earned" even though he was writing on the edge of his seat.

HTC needs to go away. It should have stayed a 2 year limit. It's a cheap answer to a lot of things.

Agreed.

Skeeter49

I don't like Blue, I don't like God.

I think Ikari looks good on Trunks, Rose looks pretty good on Black, and it makes sense for Black's character, Ultimate looks good on Gohan, and LSSJ looks good on Kale.

Goten, Trunks, and Caulifla representing SSJ is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom