• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sagroth

My theory on the new form(in spoilers just in case):

Goku is accessing Goku Black's ki, absorbing it because he was fighting his own body, and like Goku's body learned to absorb and adapt his ki to SSG levels. This form is likely a hybrid between Rose and Blue. Keep in mind too that technically this is also Kaioshin ki, the ki of creation, which would explain how Roshi came back.

Goku did something very special in that last episode. He somehow used his super saiyan blue power to bring back master roshi, and I think it's going to be a lot more significant than people think.

Goku is accessing Goku Black's ki, absorbing it because he was fighting his own body, and like Goku's body learned to absorb and adapt his ki to SSG levels. This form is likely a hybrid between Rose and Blue. Keep in mind too that technically this is also Kaioshin ki, the ki of creation, which would explain how Roshi came back.
Nope

mgvwtV1.png

HeroR

Almost every Gundam show is an original production and they still show major scenes in the opening and have titles like X is dead, Jesus got a new Gundam, etc, etc.

They will also put the spoilers right in the episode's titles. For Super, they did it with putting in the episode that Piccolo would faced Frost (basically telling the audience that Goku will lose in the previous episode), Super Saiyan Rose, Merged Zamasu being born, and Frieza's return.

My favorite is that one of the previews for Episode 61 outright spoiled the big twist with Black before Episode 60 aired.

Goku did something very special in that last episode. He somehow used his super saiyan blue power to bring back master roshi, and I think it's going to be a lot more significant than people think.

This. I think he lost ssb.

Interesting. I agree it is probably more meaningful than it seems, but we see Goku go ssb while fighting jiren in the op, which I assume is the same animation they're gonna use in the actual show so I dunno if he lost it. Maybe SSB was actually an in between form?

Lmao

Magwik

Banned
Interesting. I agree it is probably more meaningful than it seems, but we see Goku go ssb while fighting jiren in the op, which I assume is the same animation they're gonna use in the actual show so I dunno if he lost it. Maybe SSB was actually an in between form?

Lmao
I mean, the opening lies. Remember Buu?

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
I don't like most of the new gods' designs tbh

Or more accurately, I'm indifferent towards them. Only the fox and Pharaoh looking girl have really caught my eye. Maybe the clown too.

The clown baffles me.

You got animals, robots, annoying people, a dwarf out of Tolkien or something, and then CLOWN.

Mory Dunz

Eh I thought Trunks arc was still up and down but whatev.

Yes, to answer your question, but I'd still say ups and downs exist moving forward. I think stuff past the Trunks arc more consistently looks good than the Trunks arc does.

yeah, trunks arc was wildly inconsistent.

One notable problem was how the episode immediately after trunks went SSJ Rage, was a poorly animated one. Seems dumb for a new transformation to be shown like that. You'd think that'd be one they want to make look good.

Skeeter49

The fight right before Goku and Vegeta go back to the future was really good.

When Trunks was strategically thinking how much energy he had left for Black and Zamasu.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
How is it any more lazy than Beerus, champa, or the fox?
They are all lazy designs in a way but Beerus and Champa have a lot of personality so I guess it kinda counters that.

I don't like most of the new gods' designs tbh

Or more accurately, I'm indifferent towards them. Only the fox and Pharaoh looking girl have really caught my eye. Maybe the clown too.
I guess it comes down to personal preference. I've liked Beerus ever since they introduced him.

The fight right before Goku and Vegeta go back to the future was really good.

When Trunks was strategically thinking how much energy he had left for Black and Zamasu.

I honestly don't think a single fight was bad in the arc.

Maybe the one at the beginning of episode 62 but that one is saved by Black being a badass.

LotusHD

Banned
I guess it comes down to personal preference. I've liked Beerus ever since they introduced him.

Wait what? Beerus and Champa aren't included in this, they're automatically awesome. Was referring to the new GoDs introduced in this arc.

---

Yea, so Beerus, Champa, Pharaoh girl, Fox guy, Sidra, and maybe Fish guy. Upon closer inspection, Clown guy looks weird.

J4g3r

I sure as hell hope not lol.

They are all lazy designs in a way but Beerus and Champa have a lot of personality so I guess it kinda counters that.
Ok, Fair enough

Wait what? Beerus and Champa aren't included in this, they're automatically awesome. Was referring to the new GoDs introduced in this arc.

---

Yea, so Beerus, Champa, Pharaoh girl, Fox guy, Sidra, and maybe Fish guy. Upon closer inspection, Clown guy looks weird.

Lmao I love how they only used 3 poses for all of them

Skii

Half of the god designs are just really bad. They aren't imposing. And they obviously don't have the personality of Champa to carry the weaker designs.

SOLDIER

Is there a high quality scan of Goku's new transformation from the front? I've been using the first reveal with his back turned as my iphone wallpaper. Would like to add the front shot as a Home/Lock combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom