• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeroR

Blue always felt like the most pointless thus far, as they pretty much learned it off screen and then just kind of said "Oh yeah, I can do this now." Which was especially bad in the Return of F movie, since there was no build-up to it.

It's been a while since I've seen the TV adaption of the arc, but I think they were at least trying to hint to it a bit more during the training on Beerus' planet with sparks of the blue god ki, but then still ultimately pulled it out of nowhere during the Frieza fight.

It didn't help that after that nearly every enemy they faced after seemed to stand up to Blue with minimal issues making it feel really underwhelming--though the Universal Survival arc tried to give it some more importance by showing off the GoD's reactions to it.

Here's hoping whatever this new form is, is something special with new abilities and traits beyond just being faster and more powerful.

The only enemies that dealt with Blue easily was Hit in regard to Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegeta. When fighting Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku, Hit got his ass kicked until he improved. Then there is Black whose Super Saiyan Rose is Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan under a different color. Then Merged Zamasu who is a fusion and still got his face melted by Goku and beating up by Vegito Blue.

LiamExe

The only enemies that dealt with Blue easily was Hit in regard to Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegeta. When fighting Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku, Hit got his ass kicked until he improved. Then there is Black whose Super Saiyan Rose is Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan under a different color. Then Merged Zamasu who is a fusion and still got his face melted by Goku and beating up by Vegito Blue.

Haha, yeah, I think maybe my bias against Blue is clouding my mind with some parts and I'm pushing the ones that overpowered Blue to the forefront of my mind and not entirely remembering where it fully stands in terms of power.

caliph95

icyflamez is right. Ganos beats every transformation in Z

Ahhhh I definitely prefer Ribrianne or Ganos or Obuni over another Saiyan or Freezer. But you're right they'd take priority unless it's Budokai Tenkaichi :c hopefully they end up making an Universal Tournament game eventually

stop
download.png

#GanosIsTrash
#KamikazeIsTrash
#RobotsAreTrash
#FurriesAreTrash

ElFly

That's because before when he was given it he squandered it. When he earned it by training with Goku he got SS2.

oh please

Goku gave him a second chance to fight Cell by suiciding, and even then Vegeta had to help him by distracting Cell

and before that Gohan did nothing the whole arc

he was handed the win on a silver plate

HeroR

Haha, yeah, I think maybe my bias against Blue is clouding my mind with some parts and I'm pushing the ones that overpowered Blue to the forefront of my mind and not entirely remembering where it fully stands in terms of power.

Well, I did forget Golden Frieza who beat up Blue. But then lost because Golden Frieza drained like Super Saiyan 3 and Blue was more energy efficient.

Now, Blue and Golden Frieza are evenly match.

Am I forgetting something, pretty sure Gohan hasn't been training any harder than Goku or Vegeta(hell the guy just got done coming out the time chamber), what the heck did he do to "earn" something over anyone else? Only thing about Gohan is that he's strong and not an asshole.

oh wait he killed Tien, yes I agree that earns him a lot for me.

Mory Dunz

Top moment of the DBS history hands down.

nah, it meant nothing 2 seconds later. Black gets even stronger and pulls our a scythe and splits a universe, and makes clones that beat up vegeta and co with bad animation. Ruins it. If the fight ended there, sure. But it didn't.

I wonder what is the best DBS moment. BoG had some nice stuff, but the movie dampens it. I guess I'll go Blue Kaio Ken or Trunks killing Zamasu.

edit:
If it weren't for the movie, it'd be the SSG transformation. Even with the movie existing, the transformation was 10x better in Super. With the music and everything.

The only thing holding it back is the horribly off model characters...

Ashodin

Am I forgetting something, pretty sure Gohan hasn't been training any harder than Goku or Vegeta(hell the guy just got done coming out the time chamber), what the heck did he do to "earn" something over anyone else? Only thing about Gohan is that he's strong and not an asshole.

Gohan been training since RoF bruh.

Can't wait for SSB to go away. Such an ugly color for a transformation. It only looks ok with an aura and that's not even the best aura. The best SSJ aura is SSJ2/SSJ3 Aura from DBZ, not DBS. DBS's SSJ aura look like trash.

Skeeter49

oh please

Goku gave him a second chance to fight Cell by suiciding, and even then Vegeta had to help him by distracting Cell

and before that Gohan did nothing the whole arc

he was handed the win on a silver plate

It's not like a pacifier sucking asshole caused Gohan's to lose half his power.

Azerare

It's not like a pacifier sucking asshole caused Gohan's to lose half his power.

Vegeta fans try to forget that Vegeta is always in the way of most things and causing problems that he barely helps fix.

Also we're not getting a new episode this week right or...? =(

Mory Dunz

I disliked Super's transformation into SSG. Felt like it took a whole episode and it looked bad too.

the character models were really bad.

Which is effin weird cause they were mostly one frame. Like, you just have to draw it once, why is it so ugly?

but I liked the moment overall. It actually gave you the feeling that "something" was happening. Unlike the Blue transformation.

Blue Kaio Ken is probably still the moment of the series.

Ashodin

and so have the others........Goku and Vegeta literally have years of training over Gohan cause of the time chamber

Yeah but Gohan of all people needed to get his power back because he had laxed. So there is also precedence because of Gohan's lackluster showing in RoF. Vegeta was SSB that entire arc. He was already there.

Gohan's re-emergence into the limelight (both story and power wise) has to culminate in either two things:

• A new form (which he said he is working on)
  • Or a big win (which winning the tournament for U7 would do)

I hope we get both tbh

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Why do you hate Tenshinhan so much?

Tien did absolutely nothing to warrant hate, unless you watched the 2nd world tournament arc in DB. That's so long ago. He's honorable as hell now. This is the guy who deliberately tried to kill himself to buy time and stall the enemy.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Gohan's been training since RoF and he's always had the best gains in the series.

HardRojo

Can't wait for SSB to go away. Such an ugly color for a transformation. It only looks ok with an aura and that's not even the best aura. The best SSJ aura is SSJ2/SSJ3 Aura from DBZ, not DBS. DBS's SSJ aura look like trash.

SSB looks great when coupled with the RoF outfits. I hate them putting them away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom