• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I-hate-u

DChunxHWsAApYa-

If you mean artwise,it's fine.

Well look how buff he is even though he is knocked out.

in what sense?

Not only his fantastic art but the character facial expressions and body proportions.

So he skips leg day?

Just a bad angle.

Supast4r

I mean... Goku's in at least his late 40's, more likely mid-50's at this point right? Dude's a grown ass man and then some. He's ultimately the one that lied to everyone, he didn't HAVE to take Gohan's advice.
Late 40s. He is as old as Beerus nap was which was 48 years iirc

Skeeter49

Future Trunks is a sinner, and the manga stops him from being more of a sinner by keeping him out of the arc.

Toyo was only trying to help the Trunkbase.

ElFly

the super manga is clearly inferior in almost every way to the anime

except that from time to time, Toyotaro manages to have a more interesting interpretation than the anime (Buu failing the exam instead of just falling asleep), or that from time to time, Toyotaro does stuff completely not in the anime (the gang playing Mario Kart)

Skeeter49

I love the Father /Son Galick gin, and Goku and Vegeta both having amazing beat downs on Black and Zamasu too much for the MA to be superior.

Plus that one attack Goku pulls is more bullshit than anything that anime did, imo.

I-hate-u

I am curious how the manga handles the recruitment part of the arc in terms of explaining absurd powerups, and Goku's "I let my guard down" persona that he has been developing in the anime.

I think the Manga can best the anime this time around.

daveo42

Banned
It seems that next week Will Air a special about Japan history with dragon ball characters
21231867_1431846333537644_1248133763863944918_n.jpg

Trunks and Goten Will talk about Yayoi period and vegeta azuchi-momoyama

Oh cool, I always love these episodes because you instantly know you can skip over it.

Skeeter49

I am curious how the manga handles the recruitment part of the arc in terms of explaining absurd powerups, and Goku's "I let my guard down" persona that he has been developing in the anime.

Goku will create clones that resemble his friends, to compete in the tournament.

Each clone will be on par with SSG Goku.

Gohan will be called mystic Gohan, pissing off fans.

Caulifla will already have known and been able to go SSJ before meeting Cabba.

LSSJ will be called Legendary Super Saiyan God.

Frieza will have channeled angel ki to escape from hell.

whats the consensus on toyotaros Super manga, better, worse, or different than super.

Don't listen to anything overly negative about it. Any Dragon Ball fan owes it to themselves to at least give it a chance. It may not always be the best in every category, and there are obviously things I felt were better handled in the Anime, but the manga has some pretty fantastic ideas that I wouldn't at all be disappointed to see show up in the anime in some form.

All the team members are collected offscreen, while most of the recruitment arc will focus on Goku and whis training in the gravity chamber.

daveo42

Banned
As if the weekly wait wasn't rough enough...

Yeah, the wait is making me regret catching up so quickly. It was nice to just plow through a ton of episodes and arcs while not worrying about waiting between weeks for new stuff or flying through those filler episodes, which probably felt twice as long and boring watching week-to-week.

Don't listen to anything overly negative about it. Any Dragon Ball fan owes it to themselves to at least give it a chance. It may not always be the best in every category, and there are obviously things I felt were better handled in the Anime, but the manga has some pretty fantastic ideas that I wouldn't at all be disappointed to see show up in the anime in some form.
This. It's pretty good I like the differences

asagami_

Banned
I wish.

Anyways I've been reading the manga as it rereleases here and I've gotten here:

And by gawd the Android saga has the largest foreheads ever. You could eat off them.

Unless I'm wrong, it's from Panini Mexico right? Hello fellow mexican DB fan :) I'm buying Dragon Ball along a lot of mangas. It feels good be a fan of manga in this country this few recent years, just hope the industry doesn't collapse like when Mundo Vid was around in the market.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member

My bigggest complaint is he completely sidelines anybody who is not Goku or Vegeta. Trunks was pretty useless in his own arc, and Piccolo vs Frost sucked. Any other fight from the z-fighter crew has been ommited completely. I wonder how they will handle this tournament arc? My guess is guys like Krillin or anybody opponents eliminated by people other than Goku or Vegeta will be off screen.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Unless I'm wrong, it's from Panini Mexico right? Hello fellow mexican DB fan :) I'm buying Dragon Ball along a lot of mangas. It feels good be a fan of manga in this country this few recent years, just hope the industry doesn't collapse like when Mundo Vid was around in the market.

Yep! ¡Hola!

Lots of manga suddenly being distributed. Though honestly I'm just buying them at OXXO when I see them.

RocknRola

One piece double episode is why you have the break and than Dbs has a double episode and one piece is on break

Ooohhh. Had no idea.

So, are those double episodes (on both sides) gonna be "their own story"? As in, not in any way, shape or form related to their respective arcs? Will Goten and Trunks finally got hunting poachers? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom