• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
You're right I found it real interesting how fans blamed Goku for not telling the rest of the teammates that the universe's erasure was on the line when it was Gohan telling him to do that

Blader

That doesn't make sense he still uses God ki :p
(Or that Red is faster)

Red is faster than his base or regular SSJ forms, but not faster than Blue. Red allows him to keep up with Hit and the Pride Troopers without putting on the kind of strain that Blue does.

Explain it as to how he can use it without the ceremony/ritual and all that. Why he used it makes enough sense, the "why/how" he can use it, not so much. It's just implied it becomes another regular form I guess.

It's never been stated outright he would need to do the ritual again to become SSJ God (and he transforms into it a second time in BoG without needing the ritual a second time). Given that mastering god ki was part of his training with Whis, there's no reason he couldn't use it again whenever he wanted. It's just that Blue precluded him from ever needing to.

Astral Dog

Red is faster than his base or regular SSJ forms, but not faster than Blue. Red allows him to keep up with Hit and the Pride Troopers without putting on the kind of strain that Blue does.

It's never been stated outright he would need to do the ritual again to become SSJ God (and he transforms into it a second time in BoG without needing the ritual a second time). Given that mastering god ki was part of his training with Whis, there's no reason he couldn't use it again whenever he wanted. It's just that Blue precluded him from ever needing to.
Doesn't make sense, Hit and that purple rabbit were supposed to be faster than Red i think, because Hit was around Blue level and the Rabbit was faster 🤔

RocknRola

Definitely wouldn't hurt them one bit to clear that up though. In any case, cool fight and it's interesting that the "forms" have different (if minute) effects (besides general power).

Less stamina consumption, for example, could end up being a major bonus for Goku depending on what fights he gets.

You're right I found it real interesting how fans blamed Goku for not telling the rest of the teammates that the universe's erasure was on the line when it was Gohan telling him to do that

I mean... Goku's in at least his late 40's, more likely mid-50's at this point right? Dude's a grown ass man and then some. He's ultimately the one that lied to everyone, he didn't HAVE to take Gohan's advice.

brinstar

Doesn't make sense, Hit and that purple rabbit were supposed to be faster than Red i think, because Hit was around Blue level and the Rabbit was faster 🤔
That's why he was using Blue in bursts to attack Dyspo. He was trying to fight him without staying in Blue too long. If he had approached Dyspo in anything less than SSG he would've been trashed immediately.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I mean... Goku's in at least his late 40's, more likely mid-50's at this point right? Dude's a grown ass man and then some. He's ultimately the one that lied to everyone, he didn't HAVE to take Gohan's advice.

He asked Gohan whether he should or not because he's supposed to be the smart one. He almost did tell Krillin and Gohan again told him not to.

KHlover

Banned
Well he already isn't listening to Gohan's battle strategy so...

It's good that he didn't. That strategy could have worked if U7 weren't the heels, but since they've all got targets on their back it made sense for the strong fighters to fan out and divert the attention of the other universes. At the same time he manages to avoid fighting solo as much as possible, allowing him to save stamina.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
Shit, I've recently started DBS and just finishing the ressurection of F and ya'll make it hard to follow / not spoil myself.

Gohan being so frikkin useless and weak right now makes it really frustrating to watch. Can you guys just tell me if he's better later on ?

Uzumaki Goku

Shit, I've recently started DBS and just finishing the ressurection of F and ya'll make it hard to follow / not spoil myself.

Gohan being so frikkin useless and weak right now makes it really frustrating to watch. Can you guys just tell me if he's better later on ?

He gets better.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

He's amazing right now.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

He's back!

Jmille99

My biggest disappointment with Frieza is not seeing the reaction to Kale's original transformation.

Want Frieza to take on the U6 saiyans at once.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
He gets better.

He's amazing right now.

Thank god, still one of my fav characters.So far DBS is fun, it's good to watch some new Dragon Ball. Even though I'm not really a fan of the art and animation, I missed its humor and quirks and they really managed to bring that back. Can't wait to catch up with all of you !

EDIT : wait wait Frieza is back AGAIN ? Ok time to bail I guess. :|

Jmille99

You have a long wait. Like.....episode 90 long.

It's good that he didn't. That strategy could have worked if U7 weren't the heels, but since they've all got targets on their back it made sense for the strong fighters to fan out and divert the attention of the other universes. At the same time he manages to avoid fighting solo as much as possible, allowing him to save stamina.

The way they've been handling Gohan in Super is weird. If they wanted to make him seem like a tactition, they could have just had him say what you said!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Thank god, still one of my fav characters.So far DBS is fun, it's good to watch some new Dragon Ball. Even though I'm not really a fan of the art and animation, I missed its humor and quirks and they really managed to bring that back. Can't wait to catch up with all of you !

EDIT : wait wait Frieza is back AGAIN ? Ok time to bail I guess. :|

RoF was the lowest point in the series. Gohan sits out the next two arcs but they've done a good job of making him relevant again post Trunks arc. It took a while but most of the fans I talk to are happy with his current direction. I know I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom