• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estellex

The U6 Saiyan that unlocked SSJ are probably on base Goku/Vegeta level. THey just needed a little oomph to go SSJ.

Sort of the reason how the Chimera Ants in Hunter x Hunter learn Nen so quickly.

Skeeter49

believing in Gotenks is even worse then believing in Gohan

at least Gohan comes back every now and then

Gohan won his fight with Base Goku, and Gohan was still in his base.

How'd that go for Gotenks again
giphy.gif

I'm now strongly suspecting that Goku's new form is a devil form of some kind.

Originally I was thinking his eye color matched exactly that of the angels, but now I think the Angels eyes are more purple or violet rather than grey. Goku's grey eyes along with his power might, to the gods of destruction and angels present, be evidence of a devil or demon form.

I'm now strongly suspecting that Goku's new form is a devil form of some kind.

Originally I was thinking his eye color matched exactly that of the angels, but now I think the Angels eyes are more purple or violet rather than grey. Goku's grey eyes along with his power might, to the gods of destruction and angels present, be evidence of a devil or demon form.

Prepare for disappointment when it's just a rage transformation.

Astral Dog

Gotens would have been a good choice with their Ghost Bomb techniques and No Kill rule. They would just have to be teached to take 45 min. Seriously and folliw commands if needed.

We didn't know a thing about Beerus that whole time until he appeared. Well, what stops a previously unknown power from appearing again?

The Grand Priest sensed something, which is why he stopped Goku and Toppo from going any further. He didn't simply stop that fight to ensure the final tournament was more awesome imo. He knew Toppo was about to be beaten to near death, or even worse, outright killed by Goku and stopped the fight before it went further.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Why is this even a conversation still. U6 Saiyans had someone to actively teach them how to become SSJ where as most of U7 didn't.

If you want to talk about unearned let's look at how Vegeta, Gohan, Goten, and both Trunks got it.

Why is this even a conversation still. U6 Saiyans had someone to actively teach them how to become SSJ where as most of U7 didn't.

If you want to talk about unearned let's look at how Vegeta, Gohan, Goten, and both Trunks got it.
Its all bs the constant need to drag in db,dbz or Gt when we're talking about super annoys me.

Yes goten and trunks are bs, cabba,kale ,califia are bs.

Y'all bringing up old bs to justify new bs always bothered.

Skeeter49

In the manga they didn't show how Vegeta and Gohan got SSJ, right?

If we count filler, Vegeta was planet hopping for Goku to teach him SSJ. He was the first one asking how to become a SSJ.

Its all bs the constant need to drag in db,dbz or Gt when we're talking about super annoys me.

Why though? I don't think Super should be compared to GT, but comparisons should be made to Z, since this takes place right after Z. There's nothing wrong with finding flaws in Z that support something in Super.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

So it's only ok that the people previous were bringing up old bs to justify what they don't like about Super then? I only spoke about earned/unearned compared to old stuff because the example was already put out there.

105 episodes in and we haven't seen any new techniques from the main cast. Only small variations of their trademark techniques. Missed opportunity imo.

So it's only ok that the people previous were bringing up old bs to justify what they don't like about Super then? I only spoke about earned/unearned compared to old stuff because the example was already put out there.
Like ppl have this nostalgia trip over Dbs when power level was inconsistent since the start and on the flip side Super has done nothing different in that regard.

The only reason it seems to be more of a problem to ppl now is because now we're dealing with gods

You're not making Super look any better for instance by saying o this is better than Gt when Gt was already widely considered bad so naturally yes Super should be better

Ultimate is all Gohan needs. Ultimate is his potential unleashed, it should never hit a barrier unless Gohan stops pushing himself.

But he says himself he's pushing for a form that nobody has ever seen. I don't think it should be something completely new, but something built on his Ultimate state. Maybe its perfected with God Ki and in terms of appearance it has a more violent look, maybe more dense aura.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
You're not making Super look any better for instance by saying o this is better than Gt when Gt was already widely considered bad so naturally yes Super should be better

So like I said, the comparison was already being made to Z in the first place to justify what they don't like about Super. So why I can't I bring old stuff up again? I didn't even mention GT.

Skeeter49

But he says himself he's pushing for a form that nobody has ever seen. I don't think it should be something completely new, but something built on his Ultimate state. Maybe its perfected with God Ki and in terms of appearance it has a more violent look, maybe more dense aura.

When he said that, I took it as he was just explaining his Ultimate form to Goku since Goku asked him why he didn't go SSJ, so he told Goku that he didn't go SSJ because his Ultimate form is this new form that no one has ever seen.

Like ppl have this nostalgia trip over Dbs when power level was inconsistent since the start and on the flip side Super has done nothing different in that regard.

The only reason it seems to be more of a problem to ppl now is because now we're dealing with gods

He was saying your argument is flawed.

People shouldn't bring up stuff from Z to justify what they like in Super, by that logic people shouldn't bring up stuff from Z to say that they hate in Super. There were people doing that before you replied to someone justifying Super with stuff from Z.

So like I said, the comparison was already being made to Z in the first place to justify what they don't like about Super. So why I can't I bring old stuff up again? I didn't even mention GT.
Because what's the point we're talking about Super Z ended years ago it's over it's done that inconsistency was already dealt with were on to new stuff.
So every time someone criticizes Super we're gonna bring Z or Gt up essentially.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Different aura is fine but they need to keep the black hair.

cordy

Banned
The moment Gohan has a new transformation is the moment he will probably be shown less in Super. The more time he advances in his current form is better for him because an advanced form will likely be his end goal.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Because what's the point we're talking about Super Z ended years ago it's over it's done that inconsistency was already dealt with were on to new stuff.
So every time someone criticizes Super we're gonna bring Z or Gt up essentially.

Here read this post because I have no idea what you're talking about.

He was saying your argument is flawed.

People shouldn't bring up stuff from Z to justify what they like in Super, by that logic people shouldn't bring up stuff from Z to say that they hate in Super. There were people doing that before you replied to someone justifying Super with stuff from Z.

Spoilers should drop early next week.

Thanks. I asked because I saw a couple of youtube vids saying that
Goku's new form was an awakening of evil Sayan genes or something
and since its Youtube I imagine they must be jokes. Or have you heard anything about that?

When he said that, I took it as he was just explaining his Ultimate form to Goku since Goku asked him why he didn't go SSJ, so he told Goku that he didn't go SSJ because his Ultimate form is this new form that no one has ever seen.

That doesn't make much sense though. Goku at that point had seen the standard Ultimate form twice, which would contradict Gohan's words of it being something nobody has seen.

The context of that scene is that he's comparing himself to his Father and is pretty much saying he'll reach the new level/ultimate form via a different method. He calls it a goal, implying its for the future and not something he's attained yet.

Skeeter49

I feel like that's not being played up enough I wonder if they're waiting for it
At this point I feel like they'll do some type of threeway thing with Vegeta, Cabba, and Frieza.

Frieza tortures Cabba before knocking him out, and Vegeta interferes/ sacrifices himself.

They've been pushing no fucks given Vegeta too much. His inner Dadgeta has to kick in.

This tournament needs more Dadgeta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom