• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif
I haven't seen GT in years. I think I tried to watch it maybe 5 years ago for the second time and just skipped a bunch of eps and then deleted it off my hard drive.

Master Roshi rocks then for staying that long. I think the whole tournament rules were shaped to accommodate him: no flying, ring out is sufficient, allowing bottles and so on.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
It's been clear that Toei has NO IDEA what to do with Tien.

I mean, why the hell did tien need to use all 9 or whatever of his multiforms? Why not use 8 and leave one in the ring?

Big One

Banned
What is this ending theory?
The elimination order is based on how the characters are laid out in the ending, which is...

Krillin
Tenshinhan
Vegeta
Android 17
Android 18 (to be honest, it could be either-or for these two since they're together)
Piccolo
Master Roshi
Freeza
Gohan
Goku (same as Android 17 and 18, could be either-or)

The Japanese ad showing Luffy vs Sanji then Goku's new transformation against Jiren will be aired on October 8th. Does that mean all Universes fighters will be out this month?

hitme

What do people mean when they say
ending theory?

I've seen two theories.

1. In the opening, each member of U7 is holding a particular Dragon Ball. Whoever's holding the 1-star Dragon Ball is the first one eliminated (this being Krillin), so on and so on.

2. In the ending credits, they show every member of U7 from left to right in three scenes. First scene from left-to-right shows Krillin, Tien, and the rest (I forgot) which being the elimination order.

Oh you said ending theory. Disregard the first one.

To be fair
Tienshinhan has always been the obvious choice to get eliminated next.
He proves nothing, really.

Now if Vegeta is really next, that's a different story.

The elimination order is based on how the characters are laid out in the ending, which is...

Krillin
Tenshinhan
Vegeta
Android 17
Android 18 (to be honest, it could be either-or for these two since they're together)
Piccolo
Master Roshi
Freeza
Gohan

Thanks!

after watching the NEP I don't think the ending theory is accurate. Maybe just for Gohan and Goku

Yeah, it looks like Roshi fails to defeat Frost with the Mafuba and then gets eliminated. Or at least that's what the preview makes it look like. It's really just a shot of Frost, a shot of the Mafuba, and then a shot of a smug Frost looking like he just shot someone.

LNBL

Krillin
Tenshinhan
Vegeta
Android 17
Piccolo
Master Roshi
Freeza
Gohan

tumblr_mgadr0z1el1rtafm7o1_400.gif

Ashodin

Yeah, it looks like Roshi fails to defeat Frost with the Mafuba and then gets eliminated. Or at least that's what the preview makes it look like. It's really just a shot of Frost, a shot of the Mafuba, and then a shot of a smug Frost looking like he just shot someone.

the title for the next episode is

Next week: "Revenge 'F'! A Cunning Trap is Set!!"

Who does Frost want revenge on?
Vegeta for beating him in U6.

Who does Frieza want revenge on?
Vegeta for beating him in RoF arc.

They hatch a plan and what you're seeing in the NEP is
Vegeta getting beat up and put into the trap while Roshi tries to mafuba to save Vegeta. The shot you see of Frost shooting someone is likely Vegeta off the stage.

[
ending theoryconfirmed

Vegeta getting beat up and put into the trap while Roshi tries to mafuba to save Vegeta. The shot you see of Frost shooting someone is likely Vegeta off the stage.

[
ending theoryconfirmed

This is very likely what will happen.

Omni

I kinda feel like those who believe in the ending order theory are just doing so because Gohan is last with Goku

Which is cool and all but I'm still not convinced after today.
Tien has always been fodder. I feel like he was gonna go first or second regardless. Now if Vegeta is eliminated next then get hyped boys.

I kinda feel like those who believe in the ending order theory are just doing so because Gohan is last with Goku

Tien has always been fodder. I feel like he was gonna go first or second regardless. Now if Vegeta is eliminated next then get hyped boys.

Personally I like it because the order is not the safe predictable one you'd expect from Super.

The idea of Vegeta getting eliminated early while Roshi survives to the very end is just super hype for me, personally.

I don't think we need
the whole U7 team to get eliminated in that order to confirm the veracity of that theory and according to Ashodin's Analysis Vegeta will be out next.

Nah. I want Piccolo to be top 5 of his universe.

Red Devil

It seems somebody will try to taken on Jiren and be stopped by Dyspo and Magetta is doing something next episode(fighting Vegeta?), I wonder if Vegeta will be kicked out next episode.

[
ending theoryconfirmed

I'm way into that.

I don't like Gohan and I want the ending theory to be true because it subverts the typical DBZ/DBS pattern of everything coming down to Goku and Vegeta while everyone else bails out.

Daemul

Nope, I'm on the Ending theory train for my boy Roshi

Personally I like it because the order is not the safe predictable one you'd expect from Super.

The idea of Vegeta getting eliminated early while Roshi survives to the very end is just super hype for me, personally.

The idea is great since no one would have expected that to happen including U7.
Expect the moral of U7 falling down to zero when they will lose Vegeta,
one of their strongest fighters and when the other universes and mostly Champa laughing at them sadistically
themselves.

Seiniyta

Even if Roshi would get eliminated in the next episode. Unlike Krillin and Tenshin I feel he leaves the tournament with dignity and can be proud of his accomplishments. If Roshi goes way further however, that'd also be super hype though!

Ashodin

It seems somebody will try to taken on Jiren and be stopped by Dyspo and Magetta is doing something next episode(fighting Vegeta?), I wonder if Vegeta will be kicked out next episode.

Would be pretty badass if

Frost blew out Magetta's ears so he couldn't hear insults and fought Vegeta hard because he also wants revenge for the U6 Tournament

Then

Frost takes over when Vegeta's tired and tells him this is for humiliating and revealing him at the tournament which ruined his life

Even if Roshi would get eliminated in the next episode. Unlike Krillin and Tenshin I feel he leaves the tournament with dignity and can be proud of his accomplishments. If Roshi goes way further however, that'd also be super hype though!

I think the whole tournament rules were shaped to accommodate him: no flying, ring out is sufficient, allowing bottles and so on. Getting rid of him so soon would kill the purpose of including him from the start and shaping those rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom