• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, let's compare and contrast!

Preview->Episode
DIw0m_KNWs_AAR7h1.jpg
DIw0n_Y6_Xg_AEz0f_X.jpg

DIw0pi_DXk_AI1_Vcr.jpg
DIw0qut_W4_AAncw_K.jpg

Ashodin

He does?

lol

Yep, rock earplugs.

Here's my overview for Episode 107

the title for the next episode is

Next week: "Revenge 'F'! A Cunning Trap is Set!!"

Who does Frost want revenge on?
Vegeta for beating him in U6.

Who does Frieza want revenge on?
Vegeta for beating him in RoF arc.

They hatch a plan and what you're seeing in the NEP is
Vegeta getting beat up and put into the trap while Roshi tries to mafuba to save Vegeta. The shot you see of Frost shooting someone is likely Vegeta off the stage. Frieza likely "misses" Frost and hits Vegeta instead.

[
ending theoryconfirmed

Unbounded

Man that episode was ass.

Why couldn't Goku just instant transmission to the sniper and punch him in the face.

Why did Piccolo keep letting his arms get blown off like that. Are they made out of fucking paper mache or some shit.

How did Tien's clone have enough time to get in front of the real Tien as a shield, but the real Tien couldn't use that time to move himself out of the way.

Skii

Well if Vegeta gets eliminated the next episode, the ending theory has to be true. He's such a big player that it can't be coincidence at that point.

Good episode overall. Interesting concept but I just really can't care much for the character interactions. Every episode is just so self contained that you aren't really getting the scale of the battle royale and then characters suffer because there are too many to develop over the course of an episode.

Kneefoil

Tien just can't catch a break, can he? The best he can do is get a draw.

Funny how the guy who reflects energy blasts was eliminated by an energy blast, but whatevs.

I liked how when Goku said: " Aw we lost Krilin and now Tien" and then Vegeta replied: "It doesn't matter because I will take out the rest of them". Whereas he will be out next.
I can imagine his frustration after getting so self-confident.

brinstar

Well if Vegeta gets eliminated the next episode, the ending theory has to be true. He's such a big player that it can't be coincidence at that point.

Good episode overall. Interesting concept but I just really can't care much for the character interactions. Every episode is just so self contained that you aren't really getting the scale of the battle royale and then characters suffer because there are too many to develop over the course of an episode.

this episode in particular felt like there was no one else in the arena but them lol

HardRojo

I swear I'll riot if Vegeta is the next one to go! That ending theory man... will they do my boy dirty?
Why is he called a Doctor? I need to know!
Lol at next episode's title: "Fukushuu no F".

Let's review the human tier list.

Roshi - Signficantly increased his power, got over his crippling weakness to women, and can now consecutively perform the Mafuba, a move that used to kill him

Krillin - Strengthened his signature technique and Tien's signature Solar Flare move, has maintained his ability to quickly adapt when his moves don't work, has gotten over his fear caused by his own feelings of inadequacy, and unleashed an effective new combo move with his wife

Yamcha - Know his own limitations, supports his friends, and is still great at baseball

Tien - Seems to have gotten weaker, his multiform has the exact same weaknesses it had like thirty years ago, and, uh, good hustle

mas8705

Why couldn't Goku just instant transmission to the sniper and punch him in the face.

Why did Piccolo keep letting his arms get blown off like that. Are they made out of fucking paper mache or some shit.

Pretty sure that it wouldn't do Goku any good to use the instant transmission if he doesn't know where exactly to go for off. Even if the guy is straight ahead, whose to sniper might pull a "Hit" and launch a counter attack immediately when Goku appears? Not to mention that he did so that "Shoot at 100+ hiding spots at one time" so whose to say he might not get tagged at that time too?

Or it could be that Goku is an idiot who has used up too much energy as he has in the last 10-20 minutes...

Also, it might be fair to say that it isn't that it is easy to blow off Piccolo's arm, but rather his shots really can blow off Piccolo's arm that easily.

---

Also rewatching the episode with the english subs.

Vegeta: All we have to do is-
Piccolo: *From far away* DODGE!!!

Just finished... It wasn't bad, just underwhelming. The problem with every episode is contriving reasons why Goku can't just GOD the situation away.

If Vegeta gets kicked out next, they have to make it up to us by giving an entire mini arc revolving around him being an overprotective father over his new daughter. I think that's the only way they can make it right.

Domestic Vegeta is best Vegeta

The real crime this episode was piccolo though! Can we just admit that piccolo is stronger than Gohan and literally every problem stems from him babying his Son in combat?

LotusHD

Banned
Dude jobbed harder than Tien today. Tien did some work and didnt lose three arms in a row.

And yet Piccolo is still there, actually able to continue fighting lol

Pretty much as long as those U6 Namekians are in play, I don't think Piccolo fans have anything to really worry about.

That was a pretty enjoyable episode, though I wish Gohan and Piccolo did more... well.
Lot's of really nice art this episode, Tsuji really put in over time on corrections this episode and Shimanuki was pretty solid as well. Karasawa was ridiculously light on the other hand, presumably he's working on the special.

I think Tien went out like a badass, not gonna make fun of him.
NEP is interesting, so I guess the Pride Troopers are going to start actively fighting people now and I'm glad Frost is going to finally do something.

This episode showed a bit of what I wanted from the tournament... except I wanted it from other universes, NOT universe 7. Y'know, people just happening upon the scene of a battle and interrupting things, and also teamwork on display, that sort of thing.

Dr. Rota was wasted in this episode. Wtf Toei? Really sick of how they're treating these side characters. We're well past the point of using fighters for comic relief, come on now.

Gods, I really want to do a re-write of this entire arc. There's so much I would do differently if I had the chance to. So much...

You realize that all of these characters that get taken out like Dr. Rota were probably designed to be fodder, right?

Skeeter49

At the amount of times Goku says Roshi is going to die, I'm starting to think Goku wants Roshi to die.

I think my prediction that Magetta will be sealed with the mafuba will happen 2 episodes later and based off the wrong NEP.

Skeeter49

Didn't Piccolo say he couldn't sense the guys energy?
Can't sense energy, can't IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom