• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't get it. I thought the break would happen starting from today, but we got an episode. So the break will happen next week: so no episode, then the week after we will get 2 episodes in one?

mas8705

Right then... A bit to cover so let's see...

Tien leave the tournament with just one assist since self-destructs don't count!

Ok, not really... Technically speaking, with him and Harmira (the green guy he took down with him) basically eliminated each other, I'll count that as a KO for each man. From there, Vegeta basically reassured his position as top dog when he got himself two eliminations at the end.

So where things stand, we are now at the following.

1) Vegeta- 5 Eliminations, 3 assists
2) Goku- 3 Eliminations, 3 Assists
3) Master Roshi- 3 Eliminations, two assists
4) Android 18- 3 Eliminations, one Assist
5)Kale- 2 Eliminations 3 Assists
6) Caulifla- 1 Elimination 3 Assists
7) Frieza, Cabba, Android 17, Gohan, & Hit- 2 Eliminations
12) Krillin- 1 Elimination, 2 Assists
13- Tien 1 Elimination, One Assist
14) Basil, Frost, Ribianne, Jimeze Piccolo, Harmira- 1 Elimination

From there, Universe standings are as follows as well.

1) U6/7- 8
3) U3-7
4) U2-6
5) U4-4
6) U11-3

Fighters remaining: 37

Man
I feel so bad for Tenshinhan. Even Vegeta got more knock-outs than him in this episode (which leads me to believe the ending theory is indeed true, otherwise why don't give those to anyone else?).

mas8705

So in the next episode, Universe 11 gets to work with Dyspo fighting U3's slime participant that gave Goku trouble. While Frost will give Roshi hell. It is probably fair to say that should that elimination rumor hold up, this would be the best time if any for Vegeta to take his leave: "Protecting" Roshi from him.

That said, I do wonder how this will work since who's to say that Vegeta might do what Tien did where he could take Frost with him, or if the idea of "Friendly Fire" happens where Freeza "accidentally" blasts Vegeta when he was "aiming" for Frost.

Even if that is friendly fire, I'm counting that as an elimination for Freeza.

So in the next episode, Universe 11 gets to work with Dyspo fighting U3's slime participant that gave Goku trouble. While Frost will give Roshi hell. It is probably fair to say that should that elimination rumor hold up, this would be the best time if any for Vegeta to take his leave: "Protecting" Roshi from him.

That said, I do wonder how this will work since who's to say that Vegeta might do what Tien did where he could take Frost with him, or if the idea of "Friendly Fire" happens where Freeza "accidentally" blasts Vegeta when he was "aiming" for Frost.

Even if that is friendly fire, I'm counting that as an elimination for Freeza.

I suppose Frost (or Freeza) would get disqualified by doing a dirty move to kill some of the fighters.

Skeeter49

According to the summary from Fuji TV,
Frost targets Roshi AND Vegeta.

http://www.fujitv.co.jp/b_hp/dragonball_super/index.html

keikaku.jpg

Laiza

This episode showed a bit of what I wanted from the tournament... except I wanted it from other universes, NOT universe 7. Y'know, people just happening upon the scene of a battle and interrupting things, and also teamwork on display, that sort of thing.

Dr. Rota was wasted in this episode. Wtf Toei? Really sick of how they're treating these side characters. We're well past the point of using fighters for comic relief, come on now.

Gods, I really want to do a re-write of this entire arc. There's so much I would do differently if I had the chance to. So much...

mas8705

This is probably close to how it will play out.
Also spoilers can be dropped

Ok, good. I kind of figure that we only use spoilers for like an hour or so before it is safe to just talk about the episode outright.

But yeah, that is basically how I see it getting played and from a story telling perspective, it would make sense that either Frost gets Vegeta as payback for U6 or Frieza "gets" him for what happened during his arc (as what was pointed out earlier).

From there, I can already see how the 17/18 elimination is going to work, and it will involve U3's trump card: Paparoni (to which I just realized the name play and want a pizza now...).

It seems obvious that with him being the "lead scientist" looking character, he is likely to target the androids and will have back up. From there, chances are that U3 will get them thrown out of the ring, or they will get them eliminated and in turn, they will get eliminated too. Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if when 17 and 18 get eliminated, U3 could get erased at that point too.

This episode showed a bit of what I wanted from the tournament... except I wanted it from other universes, NOT universe 7. Y'know, people just happening upon the scene of a battle and interrupting things, and also teamwork on display, that sort of thing. .

At least you could say that we will see a bit of that with Dyspo vs U3 slime fighter. Still, though, it would be nice if we can have another episode where U7 wasn't the focus if possible. I know why they do it, but the Hit episode was good and the one with the U6 Saiyans was ok too. We are running out of cannon fodder here.

Ok, good. I kind of figure that we only use spoilers for like an hour or so before it is safe to just talk about the episode outright.

But yeah, that is basically how I see it getting played and from a story telling perspective, it would make sense that either Frost gets Vegeta as payback for U6 or Frieza "gets" him for what happened during his arc (as what was pointed out earlier).

From there, I can already see how the 17/18 elimination is going to work, and it will involve U3's trump card: Paparoni (to which I just realized the name play and want a pizza now...).

It seems obvious that with him being the "lead scientist" looking character, he is likely to target the androids and will have back up. From there, chances are that U3 will get them thrown out of the ring, or they will get them eliminated and in turn, they will get eliminated too. Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if when 17 and 18 get eliminated, U3 could get erased at that point too.

I think 17 and 18 will be even controlled by U3 cyborg master to be used by him against others.

Justinh

I got T4S vibes when Vegeta fired his Gallick Ho at the dude and he screamed "reflection!"

"Reflect-what?!"

I liked how it all played out this episode though. I was thinking when shit was going down "I wish Piccolo and Gohan would be a distraction for Vasily while Goku and Vegeta would go rout him out" and that pretty much happened (with some Ten added). I like how they actually sort of did a teamwork thing."[

I've always thought "multi-form" was a lame name. They should call it MULTI-BALLD from now on.
I'll leave it untagged for now. (edit: enough time has passed)

mas8705

I think 17 and 18 will be even controlled by U3 cyborg master to be used by him against others.

Well that would be something now, wouldn't it? Only concern I have with that will be just how that will be done. For some strange reason, he still has his cane, which (besides Roshi's bottle which I guess he still has a couple on him due to his interaction with Frost) could still be used as a weapon. For all we know, that's how he hacks the Androids and either he will (somehow) do it without the watchful eyes of Zeno or the Grand Priest noticing, or they will notice, but won't do anything about it (or after a while, they will just chuck him out because of the aforementioned rule).

A tad disappointed Vegeta will go out so fast, but the show needs a breather and other character getting their moments too.

In fairness, everyone (besides Freeze of all members...) have had their moments. You could argue that Piccolo's Hellzone doesn't warrant his moment, but I feel like he'll get some quality time with the U6 Namekians soon.

As for U6 as a whole... Cabba (Sorry...) still needs his moment, while I doubt Magetta will be seen as someone who needs a moment.

so how many knockouts is that for Vegeta, Frieza's gonna have to work overtime if he wants to be MVP.

ending theory is looking more likely, RIP in pieces Geets.

Have a big nitpick about Goku and Geets ganging up on one person, they never do that except when up against a fusion. Though it was funny seeing them chuck giant rocks at that guy,

mas8705

so how many knockouts is that for Vegeta, Frieza's gonna have to work overtime if he wants to be MVP.

ending theory is looking more likely, RIP in pieces Geets.

Have a big nitpick about Goku and Geets ganging up on one person, they never do that except when up against a fusion. Though it was funny seeing them chuck giant rocks at that guy,

It is Vegeta's Five KOs and Three Assists to Frieza's Two KOs. Vegeta basically holds the lead even over Goku at the moment.

As for "ganging up on one person" you could say that it does make sense if this is someone who isn't really "fighting" as he is more sniping people down. It is like bringing a gun to a sword fight. Cheap and unfair (to which you counter the gun with giant rocks apparently)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom