• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntsui

Could be worse... Could have been like what happened to Nail...

CwGoBFx.jpg
Plenty episodes for him to lose more arms still.

Chase17

Ok episode. Tien kind of got the short end of the stick this arc (Buu might have had an overall better arc haha). Did they do the Piccolo takes a hit for Gohan thing again?

The Doctor showing up out of nowhere for his revenge was the best part of the episode.

It sounds about right that Vegeta is getting fucked over this arc (well more than usual which is really saying something), there has hardly been any attention on him at all. He's getting done dirty by a lizard, which one though remains to be seen. It's most certainly not going to be someone being stronger than him because most of these opponents have been joke characters.

That order rumoured sounds about right, Goku and Gohan will be the last two left, the latter of which is just like some dirty little cockroach that is being protected whilst actually doing fuck all himself.

It sounds about right that Vegeta is getting fucked over this arc (well more than usual which is really saying something), there has hardly been any attention on him at all. He's getting done dirty by a lizard, which one though remains to be seen. It's most certainly not going to be someone being stronger than him because most of these opponents have been joke characters.
What the hell lol

Vegeta's the MVP of the Tournament so far.

Skeeter49

I enjoyed it, but it's definitely a weaker tier episode.

I assume if the real Tien fell, the clones would disappear anyway?

Either way, would have been pointless with the clone being so weak.

What the hell lol

Vegeta's the MVP of the Tournament so far.
The I hate Frieza and I don't give a fuck about my protegee persona is so compelling on Vegeta.

That order rumoured sounds about right, Goku and Gohan will be the last two left, the latter of which is just like some dirty little cockroach that is being protected whilst actually doing fuck all himself.

Isn't the running tally having him with the most knock outs? Geets is doing fine.

Ashodin

I mean if that was "Tien being cool" I'm not sure I want him to be cool.

good news for those of us who watch streams

Monster Hunter Stories has ended

Anyway

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| Please wait longer for Tien to be cool.

mas8705

Probably will be my last post of the evening here, but there was one other thing that I've been thinking of besides the U3 trump card: the U4 Trump card(s).

I know this was discussed probably, but does anyone think the first and last slots in U4 are just... insects? Literally so small, they can't get hit, thus they can't get eliminated?

I feel like it would probably be down to Goku and Jiren and yet if they were the last two compared to U4, then technically U4 would win be default in 32 minutes.

Also, we've been at this for about 15 or so minutes, correct?

Skeeter49

I mean if that was "Tien being cool" I'm not sure I want him to be cool.

good news for those of us who watch streams

Monster Hunter Stories has ended

Anyway

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| Please wait longer for Tien to be cool.
Dragon Ball Super |OT8| Toshio Forgot

Probably will be my last post of the evening here, but there was one other thing that I've been thinking of besides the U3 trump card: the U4 Trump card(s).

I know this was discussed probably, but does anyone think the first and last slots in U4 are just... insects? Literally so small, they can't get hit, thus they can't get eliminated?

I feel like it would probably be down to Goku and Jiren and yet if they were the last two compared to U4, then technically U4 would win be default in 32 minutes.

Also, we've been at this for about 15 or so minutes, correct?

I had basically the same thought (minus the tiny size) yesterday, but someone posted that Toei accidentally uploaded one of the insect's character descriptions to the Super website. He can shed his skin, which explodes. That seems like a real fighter.

Galang

Banned
Why did they do Tien so damn dirty?! They could have at least gave him an entire episode to himself, but he got maybe five minutes of screen time only to end in a draw... Lol. *Dislike*

Ashodin

U3 still got it goin' on brehs, after goo man gets eliminated by the pride troopers, we still got P Man who literally looks like Ultraman

Ashodin

My guess is that Vegeta gets taken out by Frost and Magetta, Roshi tries and fails the mafuba on Frost and then Roshi is at death's door and then comes this scene.

The only question is how do these fit in...

Does Frost pick up the Mafuba from seeing Roshi use it?

From Frost's eyes it looks as if Roshi is trying it on him and it doesn't work. Vegeta is likely being held in a chokehold off-screen.

Skeeter49

My guess is that Vegeta gets taken out by Frost and Magetta, Roshi tries and fails the mafuba on Frost and then Roshi is at death's door and then comes this scene.

I think Roshi goes for Frost, but Magetta sacrifices himself, and Frost uses this to knock out Roshi and take control of the mafuba.

We Frogetta now.

HardRojo

They always deceive us with this shit lol, I'll just wait and see... I'll just wait... for two weeks...

The I hate Frieza and I don't give a fuck about my protegee persona is so compelling on Vegeta.
I mean in terms of getting knock-outs/doing something. Compare Vegeta "being fucked over" to Tenshinhan's treatment. And you know most Vegeta fans prefer that Vegeta over best Daddy!Vegeta

NeonZ

I'm just disappointed this episode pretty much showed there isn't a single writer in Super's staff who cares about Tenshinhan. They didn't even mention the sacrifice aspect of the Kikoho even once, in spite of making him spam it all the time.

Edit: Regarding universe 4, now I guess when the insects attack the whole invisibility aspect will be dropped and it'll turn out they just were hiding underground, since at least Damon apparently should be able to do that.

Laiza

You realize that all of these characters that get taken out like Dr. Rota were probably designed to be fodder, right?
Of course I realize that. And I still don't like it.

They came up with some particularly decent designs for a bunch of these characters that are getting tossed out like candy, too. It's just a total waste of effort.

Skeeter49

If Frost mafuba's Vegeta, can we make the argument that Puar has done more for U7 and U6 than Tien has done for U7?

Vegeta being mafuba'd is how I want this to end now. I'll be disappointed if it doesn't.

ZangBa

As a Tien and Piccolo fan, I don't really know what to say. Seeing Piccolo as a glorified meat shield constantly is so old at this point.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I liked how when Goku said: " Aw we lost Krilin and now Tien" and then Vegeta replied: "It doesn't matter because I will take out the rest of them". Whereas he will be out next.
I can imagine his frustration after getting so self-confident.
Usually the precursor to his downfall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom