• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magwik

Banned
Watching the Kai marathon on Toonami, man Goku is such a god damn asshole holding back SSJ3 from everyone and letting Buu run around.

Laiza

are the other universes god damn doing anything, outside of Not-Broli looks like Goku and pals doing all of the work.

Seems like it's doing some form of writing sin where it's a tournament of everybody fighting at once but unless we SEE people getting eliminated they don't. And since episodes always follow our heroes...

Yep, my biggest complaint so far.

The battle royale format was just an excuse.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Nuu, I hope the theory is wrong, Vegeta getting eliminated before Roshi and Piccilo, come on....
Vegeta getting eliminated would be a good "oh shit" moment and would say to the audience that they aren't afraid to get rid of not only a prominent character but a heavy hitter on the team, I feel goku sends a stronger message in that regard but meh I guess geets is the next best thing

ElyrionX

Gohan is fucking useless. He could have taken out that dude in like two secs when he saw him but left it to fucking Tien to finish the job?

Oh and ki blasts don't work? How about just fucking punching instead of throwing rocks wtf.

This was an infuriating episode. Why do I even bother watching this shit.

Gohan is fucking useless. He could have taken out that dude in like two secs when he saw him but left it to fucking Tien to finish the job?

Oh and ki blasts don't work? How about just fucking punching instead of throwing rocks wtf.

This was an infuriating episode. Why do I even bother watching this shit.

Getting close would just mean getting shot.

LaNaranja

Vegeta getting eliminated would be a good "oh shit" moment and would say to the audience that they aren't afraid to get rid of not only a prominent character but a heavy hitter on the team, I feel goku sends a stronger message in that regard but meh I guess geets is the next best thing

While I agree, I hope Roshi goes out with him next episode if only to put an end to the ending credit order theory.

Magwik

Banned

2AfJZW1.gif

Skeeter49

Watching the Kai marathon on Toonami, man Goku is such a god damn asshole holding back SSJ3 from everyone and letting Buu run around.

The biggest thing that pissed me off in the Buu arc, is Goku telling everyone Gohan is dead, after they just used a wish from Shenron to wish everyone back to life.

And no one questions that. Videl believes he's alive, but no one mentions the wish Shenron made. Like, how do you ignore that wish? Gohan never died before.

The only scenario I can come up with that fits storywise is that no one thinks Gohan is a good guy, so Shenron didn't bring him back.

Instro

Pretty weak episode. Tien goes out having done very little, or showing anything new. The enemy this week initially appears to have an attack that is nigh undodgeable, only to be easily dodged by multiple characters later in the episode. Also it was one of the uglier episodes in quite some time during the latter half.

Skeeter49

Vegeta at the end of this episode sealed the deal that's he out.

Goku beating on the drums and collecting the DB's to wish that Roshi is out means he's not out.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The biggest thing that pissed me off in the Buu arc, is Goku telling everyone Gohan is dead, after they just used a wish from Shenron to wish everyone back to life.

And no one questions that. Videl believes he's alive, but no one mentions the wish Shenron made. Like, how do you ignore that wish? Gohan never died before.

The only scenario I can come up with that fits storywise is that no one thinks Gohan is a good guy, so Shenron didn't bring him back.

It's just a big, dumb plot hole.

Wasn't that wish just to revive the people Vegeta killed?

But yeah, the whole "Gohan is dead" thing never went anywhere. Emotional moment though.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Gohan needs to stop fucking around with Piccolo and go eliminate some fools on his own. Watching these two guys together is not entertaining.

Gohan needs to stop fucking around with Piccolo and go eliminate some fools on his own. Watching these two guys together is not entertaining.
Piccolo's fatherly instincts keeps getting in the way. Let him team up with Goku to put some hair on in his chest, Goku will give Toppo some pointers on how to deal with Gohan to make it more interesting.

longdi

Banned
It's unexpected. Vegeta lasting that long is boring.

They can't waste that episode title. Vegeta needs to get knocked out.

I dont like Vegeta characterisation in the tourney so far, too rushy-pissy, to the point of sounding like he lost all composure.

I want my daddy vegeta or cook vegeta back.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
are the other universes god damn doing anything, outside of Not-Broli looks like Goku and pals doing all of the work.

Seems like it's doing some form of writing sin where it's a tournament of everybody fighting at once but unless we SEE people getting eliminated they don't. And since episodes always follow our heroes...

I expected it from the jobber universes, but what's up with Universe 11 still having done nothing. Jirren and Toppo sound all tough but they've gone half the way to the time limit without even taking out a single no-name.

Of course the real reason is probably the writers don't want to spoil their power before the big fight with the heroes, but in fiction I guess maybe they were just holding back for the sake of justice. Now that toppo has forsaken that, it's about time for them to get moving.

Zalman

It's a weird scene, but I always thought that because they couldn't sense him they just assumed the wish didn't revive him. Either that or it simply didn't cross their minds that Yamcha's wording would revive more people than simply the ones Vegeta killed. (Goku directly says word for word that that's what he assumed they would wish for before arriving.)

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I felt there wasn't even a need to use multiform, since they were all running in a straight line at a stationary guy. Felt he would have done just as well with three eyes.

Even vegita and goku found it hard to dodge those shots. The clones allowed him to tank 3 shots since dodging wasn't an option.

He was literally with Tien before they decided to split and they knew there were two of them so that's kind of irrelevant.

How is that irrelevant, he wasn't with Tien when he got knocked out, why should Goku automatically know what's going on with Tien when he's busy with his own fight?

HeroR

Writers made sure Tien fans knew what to expect after 89 and 90.

I would say before since Tien wasn't anyone's choice. Goku went to recruit Roshi and only got Tien because he was there.

And if you want to read some salt, go to Reddit and read the thread for this episode. So many want to burn the Super's writers at the stake.

My personally feeling on the episode, it was okay. It was a step-down from 104 and 105, but I wasn't expecting it to. My biggest grip, I wished we had more reaction from the other universes when U2 was lighting up the stage and seen more people dodging or trying to find the sniper. It's weird that only U7 was really doing anything and Champa and U2's God of Destruction made no comment about their down fighters.

Slaythe

How is that irrelevant, he wasn't with Tien when he got knocked out, why should Goku automatically know what's going on with Tien when he's busy with his own fight?

They were literally TOLD there was another guy and then saw him.

Goku could have teleported then and stopped all the attacks from happening. Instead he decided to stay with Vegeta.

The red dude wouldn't let them "escape", which is precisely when instant transmission comes in handy...

That felt completely artificial and just to give Tien a scene even though Goku should have been able to handle the situation in 2 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom