• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were literally TOLD there was another guy and then saw him.

Goku could have teleported then and stopped all the attacks from happening. Instead he decided to stay with Vegeta.

The red dude wouldn't let them "escape", which is precisely when instant transmission comes in handy...

That felt completely artificial and just to give Tien a scene even though Goku should have been able to handle the situation in 2 seconds.

Nobody knew where the shots were coming from, Tien had to track them, so no, Goku couldn't just teleport to him.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Piccolo's fatherly instincts keeps getting in the way. Let him team up with Goku to put some hair on in his chest, Goku will give Toppo some pointers on how to deal with Gohan to make it more interesting.
Apparently, Goku and Gohan will be the two left at the end. Two of the best fighters of U7. Should be fireworks and awesome to watch, I hope to see some teamwork.

NEO0MJ

Even vegita and goku found it hard to dodge those shots. The clones allowed him to tank 3 shots since dodging wasn't an option.

They were dodging them after they went through reflector guy was more accurate and could redirect the shots from any point in his body.

caliph95

are the other universes god damn doing anything, outside of Not-Broli looks like Goku and pals doing all of the work.

Seems like it's doing some form of writing sin where it's a tournament of everybody fighting at once but unless we SEE people getting eliminated they don't. And since episodes always follow our heroes...
Yep, my biggest complaint so far.

The battle royale format was just an excuse.
This is a nitpick but they find out about this combination seconds ago it seems like such a powerful power that easily knock out bunch of guys if they wanted to.

Even the laser guy by himself got probably do that.

It's one of those things why some if the battles don't seem meaningful and little weight in knock outs and undersell how chaotic it is when most of the them are done by u7 .

It doesn't help after the first couple episodes it's feels tiny and like they don't exist sometimes until they needed to fight then they disappear

NEO0MJ

Only thing against the Freeza kocking out Vegeta thing is what does he have to truly gain from it? Yeah he might get a kick out of hurting Vegeta's pride but his very existence is on the line. He can't be that petty, right?

Goku and Vegeta hurling rocks owned.

9c299788-ad4f-4ac1-8265-d56d78249242.gif

caliph95

Only thing against the Freeza kocking out Vegeta thing is what does he have to truly gain from it? Yeah he might get a kick out of hurting Vegeta's pride but his very existence is on the line. He can't be that petty, right?

9c299788-ad4f-4ac1-8265-d56d78249242.gif

Freeze Petty nah doesn't sound like him at all
0Ddaz.gif

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The writers really need to do something with Piccolo other than Gohan's hypeman/meat shield. It's been done too many times now.

Sandfox

Freeza and Frost have an alliance from episode 96. Frost can't get eliminated before something comes of it.
Frost wants his revenge, apparently.

I'm expecting Vegeta to beat Frost again and right before the final blow Freeza interferes. It fits with the ending theory too lol.

i don't understand why gohan is the "leader" when he's so fucking useless

piccolo's thinking of all the ideas and strategies

or maybe that's why he's the leader, because the others know that there's no real point anyway so let him think he's doing something?

J4g3r

They could have done so much more with Tien this episode; which is kind of a bummer, but with how they've been treating him it's expected...

They should have just kept Goku and Vegeta out of this episode and let Tien stand out a little more before he's gone for good.

Also the NEP just screams red herring to me, I don't think they'd ever kill off Roshi.

ElyrionX

The writers really need to do something with Piccolo other than Gohan's hypeman/meat shield. It's been done too many times now.

The writers should have never let useless shits like Tien and Krillin into the team when we still had two Super fucking Saiyans doing jack shit on Earth.

J4g3r

The writers should have never let useless shits like Tien and Krillin into the team when we still had two Super fucking Saiyans doing jack shit on Earth.

The whole reason they did that is to show that combat experience and intellect are just as important as pure strength in this situation.

Which honestly is far more interesting than another Super Saiyan.

Jisgsaw

I like how the floor was supposed to be this super hard stuff only GoD could destroy, but noe picolo can destroy it with a simple ki blast.

Roshi took out three guys last episode and there are still people making the daft argument that strength is everything?

Goten and trunks would have gotten themselves knocked off just as easily as Tien , except they probably wouldn't even have been able to make it a double ring out.

caliph95

I like how the floor was supposed to be this super hard stuff only GoD could destroy, but noe picolo can destroy it with a simple ki blast.
That scene feels more and more pointless in hindsight

It's cool but they might as never mentioned the material if that easy to break

caliph95

Roshi took out three guys last episode and there are still people making the daft argument that strength is everything?

Goten and trunks would have gotten themselves knocked off just as easily as Tien , except they probably wouldn't even have been able to make it a double ring out.
People forgot they wasted their fusion to make a cool entrance and made Buu stronger because they were screwing around instead of just killing him or try to seriously

NeonZ

Tenshinhan got a double ring out with someone whose beams took out Piccolo's arms. I don't see Trunks and Goten even managing that.

Although, really, that last scene with Tenshinhan was pretty bad. How did the explosion throw Tenshinhan away from the arena when he was facing the edge and the explosion started in front of him? After he was falling, couldn't he just have fired beams to get himself back to the arena? It also seemed like they were standing right beside the wall, so grabbing onto it shouldn't be hard...

CryptiK

Brah they are kids they would have been knocked out in the first minute because as shown every time they are on screen they cant take shit seriously.

Also yes they couldnt sense the energy of the sniper so no, Goku couldnt just teleport and knock them.

Jmille99

Yeah, Goten and Trunks would have fused immediately thinking they could end the tournament right away, went straight at Jiren, and be the first two knocked off.

If anything, this episode made me really miss what could have been with Buu being involved.

Then it would be them saiyans being useless shits. Its the writing, not the characters. Dragonball has always had a jobber quota.

Brah they are kids they would have been knocked out in the first minute because as shown every time they are on screen they cant take shit seriously.

Also yes they couldnt sense the energy of the sniper so no, Goku couldnt just teleport and knock them.

Seems the only reason Goku is in the fight still is because of his power level. He's not been taking it seriously either. The kids could have brute forced their way through multiple enemies before getting taken out.

ElyrionX

The whole reason they did that is to show that combat experience and intellect are just as important as pure strength in this situation.

Which honestly is far more interesting than another Super Saiyan.

The problem with combat experience and intellect coming into play is that it shouldn't matter at all. Did combat experience matter at all in the Frieza, Cell and Buu arcs? This franchise is all about power and speed which Goten and Trunks have far more of compared to Krillin and the rest.

They can act like it matters now but it just leads to infuriating contrived shit like what happened in this episode where three of the most powerful Saiyans need fucking Tien to clean up shit for them.

I-hate-u

I wanted know why they call Dr. Rota a doctor. Damn you Vegeta.

Really great episode despite the slower pace. I am happy a U6 and 7 member got eliminated, and the way that Ten went out doesn't really hurt his character going further.

This franchise is all about power and speed which Goten and Trunks have far more of compared to Krillin and the rest.

Dragonball Z was.

Dragonball and Dragonball Super are avoiding that where they can. You have to be deliberately ignoring what actually happens in the episodes if you still think that is the case, given we just came off Master Roshi a week ago taking out three people who are among the top ten in the universe they came from.

If you don't like it, just go rewatch Z instead.

JohnDoe

Banned
I hope Beerus just hakais Frieza for good after this arc. Really annoying we got a Frieza arc, a Frieza doppelganger appearing in the next arc and an arc with Frieza and his doppelganger conspiring together I am getting tired of this fuck.

CryptiK

Seems the only reason Goku is in the fight still is because of his power level. He's not been taking it seriously either. The kids could have brute forced their way through multiple enemies before getting taken out.
Absolutely not. Goku is a fighting genius for crying out loud. He is often getting caught out as well. The kids also aren't as strong as you think they are and have 0 technique that would help here.

daveo42

Banned
Was an okay episode but I'm ready for these fodder episodes to be over. 107 might be the start of some bigger fights. Doctor gag was funny enough, but I enjoyed Piccolo being the arms master more.

Goku is dicking around,17 got a idgaf attitude, tien is utterly useless and krillin got knocked out by gloating. The kids are where we draw the line

O and freiza might dick them over

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Absolutely not. Goku is a fighting genius for crying out loud. He is often getting caught out as well. The kids also aren't as strong as you think they are and have 0 technique that would help here.

I like how fighting genius goku was super impressed by Vegeta's idea to simply throw rocks at their enemy.

Mory Dunz

So they had Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, Piccolo, and Tien vs 2 scrubs and Beerus was okay with a tie? uh huh.....

This piccolo gohan no dodge thing got old a long time ago....

anyhoo, maybe the worst episode of the arc. But it was clearly filler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom