• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if Doctor Rota's ability is simply healing? (Like what doctors do)

He seems to have gotten back in good shape quite fast considering how out of it he was before.

chances are Goku does it when he's the last one left of his universe and in desperation to save his universe from a tournament that was his fault he reaches it.

REAL. SUPER. SAND. LEGEND.

Astral Dog

I am hoping to see some treacherous activities from Freeza that has been hinted at on episode 95, and Beerus ending those activities with a Hakai.

giphy.gif
We already know Hakai doesn't work on Frieza :p

Ataxia

There were some interesting shots in this week's episode. The shaky cam was different too

Overall pretty solid, I think

Four big reasons:

1. It's Dragon Ball, where most arcs end with every person who died being wished back.

2. Zen-Oh likes Goku and would do it if asked. "Wasn't this fun? Bring everyone back so we can do it again next year!"

3. Even if Zen-Oh refuses, Goku will just use his Super Dragonball wish to do it.

4. Perhaps most telling, the tournament has a "no-killing" rule. There's absolutely no reason for that if the losers are just going to be permanently wiped from existence anyway.
That and it's super fishy that the Angels of the erased universes seem just fine, despite their Kaioshins and GoDs supposedly being erased. That's not how the Goku Black arc made it sound like that should work.

NeonZ

4. Perhaps most telling, the tournament has a "no-killing" rule. There's absolutely no reason for that if the losers are just going to be permanently wiped from existence anyway.

There is a reason for that one. The winner universe would likely need to waste the wish bringing back their lost members if there was no no-killing rule. Also, to avoid someone just throwing a giant beam blast attempting to explode the entire arena at once.

We have no attachment to those universes and just ended an arc where Future Trunks' universe was erased, so I'm not sure the universes that are being erased will be magically spared. I think at the end of the tournament we'll get multiple teams with fighters left and those will be the remaining universes, rather than bringing back the erased ones. The only way I can see those universes getting brought back is if it leads directly into the next arc (like needing to defeat the Grand Priest and his angels in order to bring back the erased worlds).

There is a reason for that one. The winner universe would likely need to waste the wish bringing back their lost members if there was no no-killing rule. Also, to avoid someone just throwing a giant beam blast attempting to explode the entire arena at once.

We have no attachment to those universe and just ended an arc where Future Trunks' universe was erased, so I'm not sure the universes that are being erased will be magically spared. I think at the end of the tournament we'll get multiple teams with fighters left and those will be the remaining universes, rather than bringing back the erased ones. Unless this leads directly into the next arc (like needing to defeat the Grand Priest and his angels in order to bring back the erased worlds).

Yeah but even Trunks' they kind of had a cop out with the new timeline. Yeah it's not their original but it still made it seem like that was supposed to be their "happy ending." Not saying they succeeded but whatever.

Dragon Ball just doesn't strike me as the kind of series that would casually wipe out billions of innocent people, who have mostly been shown in a sympathetic light, and then expect us to just go back to our happy go lucky misadventures. "Hey Gohan you erased that baby from existence better get to work finishing that report ha ha ha!"

I mean how many people have permanently stayed dead in Dragon Ball even counting civilians? Android 16, Grandpa Gohan, and technically Kami/Nail.

I just feel that leaving these Universe erased would be a massive tondo leap.

LotusHD

Banned
Yeah but even Trunks' they kind of had a cop out with the new timeline. Yeah it's not their original but it still made it seem like that was supposed to be their "happy ending." Not saying they succeeded but whatever.

Dragon Ball just doesn't strike me as the kind of series that would casually wipe out billions of innocent people, who have mostly been shown in a sympathetic light, and then expect us to just go back to our happy go lucky misadventures. "Hey Gohan you erased that baby from existence better get to work finishing that report ha ha ha!"

I mean how many people have permanently stayed dead in Dragon Ball even counting civilians? Android 16, Grandpa Gohan, and technically Kami/Nail.

I just feel that leaving these Universe erased would be a massive tondo leap.

Lmao what

If I remember right, even Sidra said it was a bit of energy.
It took everything Frieza had to escape that ball, then Beerus comes and blows it out like a candle. Frieza surviving that tiny bit of energy says nothing about if he could survive a Beerus out to kill him.

Skeeter49

What I think causes the powerup is at the end of the episode before the special, or the end of the first half of the special, Zeno starts getting bored, I'm sure people stop fighting to rest since there aren't too many people left given the time they have left, or it's stalemate's and there's no interesting fight going on.

Zeno asked GP to fix this, and GP erases all the contestants who were eliminated so far, so a given that's Krillin, Tien, and Vegeta gone, and maybe their universes as well, and the only way the winner will get their universe back is if they win and wish it back. This triggers Goku's powerup/ makes this the official last act of the tournament.

Yes it cements that U7 is winning this, but we've known U7 isn't getting erased at the start of this tournament, if we ignore EoZ, and obviously it'd be suicide on a popular series to do that to U7, it's a good way to add tension and show how unpredictable Zeno and the GP are.

Skeeter49

Tell that to all the people in Future Trunks timeline who are dead.

Only 2 people went to a different timeline. Everyone else, gone.

Astral Dog

What I think causes the powerup is at the end of the episode before the special, or the end of the first half of the special, Zeno starts getting bored, I'm sure people stop fighting to rest since there aren't too many people left given the time they have left, or it's stalemate's and there's no interesting fight going on.

Zeno asked GP to fix this, and GP erases all the contestants who were eliminated so far, so a given that's Krillin, Tien, and Vegeta gone, and maybe their universes as well, and the only way the winner will get their universe back is if they win and wish it back. This triggers Goku's powerup/ makes this the official last act of the tournament.

Yes it cements that U7 is winning this, but we've known U7 isn't getting erased at the start of this tournament, if we ignore EoZ, and obviously it'd be suicide on a popular series to do that to U7, it's a good way to add tension and show how unpredictable Zeno and the GP are.
Thats dark.:O

I-hate-u

Is this the face of a cold blooded killer?

Rutger

Banned
Even then, the Future Trunks arc basically did just that.

For now.

I have no doubt that we will see Future Trunks again one day, and I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it was in a storyline that ultimately revived his timeline.

We will just have to wait and see, because Super is not ending anytime soon.

LotusHD

Banned
For now.

I have no doubt that we will see Future Trunks again one day, and I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it was in a storyline that ultimately revived his timeline.

We will just have to wait and see, because Super is not ending anytime soon.

Seems like a weak rebuttal if you ask me...

Cimarron

This episode was meh. Rofl at Piccolo getting pot shotted so many times.

Tien at least went down with some style. I am really getting tired of the animators drawing folks running with thier arms back Naruro style. Please stop.

Rutger

Banned

Seems like a weak rebuttal if you ask me...

If that's how you want to read my post, then sure. I can't say that it would be a strong rebuttal.

I'm just saying that there is still a very real chance that it could be undone one day. It's really a question of when Future Trunks returns imo, and I'm not expecting him to have moved passed the destruction of his timeline by then.

I'm interested in how this arc will end, if destroyed universe are brought back then Future Trunks can still have some hope.

Daingurse

This episode was meh. Rofl at Piccolo getting pot shotted so many times.

Tien at least went down with some style. I am really getting tired of the animators drawing folks running with thier arms back Naruro style. Please stop.

I don't really have a problem with Naruto-style running, but the execution in this episode was very poor. Tien looked terrible running like that.

I-hate-u

I have a problem with Naruto running style.

tumblr_otmaat1yFR1qzxv73o1_540.gif

tumblr_m96q6gFllj1ryf7dio1_500.gif

tumblr_mvp3zch3nw1r4ureuo1_500.gif

dragon-ball-z-running-gif-9871-10268-hd-wallpapers.jpg

We have like 10 episodes of running on the snake way, c'mon animators take inspiration.

Skii

I have a problem with Naruto running style.

tumblr_otmaat1yFR1qzxv73o1_540.gif

We have like 10 episodes of running on the snake way, c'mon animators take inspiration.

Oh yeah it looks fucking ridiculous. Was that type of running a regular occurrence in DBZ or even DBS until this arc?

I-hate-u

Didn't they hold their arms out like airplanes when they trained with roshi?

Shades of the Arale days. Toriyama carried it over since early DB was heavy on the gag, but I don't remember seeing it past the 21st Budokai.

Kid Goku ran in all styles tho.

tumblr_o286ocGL5M1tgy4o5o1_400.gif

Oh yeah it looks fucking ridiculous. Was that type of running a regular occurrence in DBZ or even DBS until this arc?

No one ran past the Saiyan arc I don't think. Unless you count Goten in this

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Goten the OG Naruto fan. On a side note, searching for these gifs, maaan Goten's look in the Buu arc is vastly to superior to the post-Beerus era version of himself, what are they doing to the kids?

MKIL65

I gotta say... I'm disappointed in the bald team!

Piccolo is a meatshield.

Krillin is a commentator.

And Tien is just... Tien.

Only Roshi has pulled his own weight, and did more than simply trade hits.

They're never aging in Super. It's time to come to terms with that. ;_;

The only way I see them not aging in Super is if Super ends before EoZ and is replaced by a sequel series that takes place after Z.
At worst we stick with the current designs and in a year or two (or maybe 3...) they switch to the EoZ designs between arcs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom