• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys know the opening theory is just as "plausible" at this point, both had Krillin and then Tien. Next up is either Roshi for opening or Geets for ending.

notaskwid

You guys know the opening theory is just as "plausible" at this point, both had Krillin and then Tien. Next up is either Roshi for opening or Geets for ending.
The opening theory wasn't about the number on the dragon balls? That's been disproven, Ten has the 4 stars, Krillin had the 1 star.

Ashodin

The ending theory cannot be denied. What point about this don't you get? :p

It looks as if Geets gets it from Frost next episode. I'm probably not wrong.

I desperately clung to that theory lol

Tell me why Vegeta is there with Krillin and Tenshinhan. Tell me why Piccolo is there with Roshi and Freeza instead of Gohan.

As Ashodin said. The ending theory can't be denied.

Do they even need to have a reason why they are grouped together? It's just an ending.

A better question is why Toei would bother spoiling the entire elimination order just for the ending.

Ashodin

Do they even need to have a reason why they are grouped together? It's just an ending.

A better question is why Toei would bother spoiling the entire elimination order just for the ending.

We wouldn't even be questioning the order if Krillin being the first one out wasn't the signal that led people to wonder.

The OP and ED are so detailed (and anime is notorious for hiding shit in its OP and EDs) that it makes you wonder things and how meticulous the planning was.

Since the ToP was developed by the Dragon Room, it's clear they wanted more to tie in (and that includes the OP and ED).

Once Krillin fell, then theories came about. People started to wonder (some even before he went out) and then when it happened we just needed a second person out to figure out if it was real or not

Once Tien fell (it's still up in the air, but it's almost 80% confirmed by now) then it was pretty much confirmed.

Since Vegeta is "next" on the theory, and the next episode is "Revenge of [F]" (which Frost has probably wanted revenge on Vegeta for being the one to make him lose in the tournament) it's likely true.

Yes. Their placement is odd to say the least.

There's nothing odd about their placement considering they're all on the same team.

Too many people are looking too hard to find meaning in something that's just there for the show to look cool.

The only real time an ending spoiled anything was with Buu and that was, so they could eventually replace him with Freeza.

We wouldn't even be questioning the order if Krillin being the first one out wasn't the signal that led people to wonder.

The OP and ED are so detailed (and anime is notorious for hiding shit in its OP and EDs) that it makes you wonder things and how meticulous the planning was.

Since the ToP was developed by the Dragon Room, it's clear they wanted more to tie in (and that includes the OP and ED).

Once Krillin fell, then theories came about. People started to wonder (some even before he went out) and then when it happened we just needed a second person out to figure out if it was real or not

Once Tien fell (it's still up in the air, but it's almost 80% confirmed by now) then it was pretty much confirmed.

Since Vegeta is "next" on the theory, and the next episode is "Revenge of [F]" (which Frost has probably wanted revenge on Vegeta for being the one to make him lose in the tournament) it's likely true.

That's hardly confirmation for anything. It's really not that surprising some of the weakest members of the team has dropped out first.

I'm honestly expecting Master Roshi to go next judging by how Tien and Krillin were treated.

What's the Dragon Room?

A group set up by Shueisha last June to handle the franchise. It's unclear how much influence they've had on this arc, all we know is that Toriyama still wrote an outline and that a producer from Toei expanded that outline into the full version of the arc that the anime is doing. We do know that they aid Toriyama is some way at the very least, making his job easier apparently.

Skeeter49

Geets for ending.
tumblr_static_tumblr_static_8tjptbosj20wco48s8ck8ococ_640.jpg

AdanVC

Just finished watching the latest episode. 'twas ok but my god this was probably the ugliest looking episode so far for this tournament. They all looked and moved really odd... At least the next episode looks hype, even more because it has some Jiren in it wich is good.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Well someone is lying to me, saying Gohan's punching bag had the 2 star, eh too lazy to check.
The theory states the Tien has the two star Dragonball. I'm not sure how the person was able to tell the difference between the 2 and 3 star Dragonballs but you can tell that Tien & Roshi have the low star Dragonballs while the Androids & Freeza have the 5-7 star Dragonballs in some order. But Vegeta's not in that scene at all so him getting knocked out wouldn't really prove or disprove either theory. Roshi's the revealing character instead.

Jinroh

I don't understand the point of last episode. What's the idea behind showing Gohan and Piccolo sucking so much? They didn't even beat their foe in the end.

I also start to hate how this arc is articulated. It follows the same logic of the previous recruitment arc, each episode is a stand alone. You could watch them in any order, it would barely make a difference.

The result is that episodes tend to focus on certain characters while the others are totally ignored for weeks. We've seen Frieza maybe twice since the beginning of the arc, and Gohan hasn't done anything yet. Why the hell can't they show multiple fights happening at the same time while switching back and forth continuously between the main characters to make the show more interesting to watch?

They finally made an effort and fixed the art and animation, but now it's the pacing and how the whole thing is articulated that go downhill. It looks very amateurish.

I-hate-u

It was very apparent Vegeta wasn't going to be major player in the arc ever sincee Goku went to train with Whis. I don't know what y'all were expecting.

At least he was pretty damn cool in the U9 elimination episode, so to all you Geets fans out there, take that L humbly.

4916558-super+android+13.gif

Slaythe

Honestly I'm gonna have to root for Vegeta too.

He has been rather smart in the tournament so far, hasn't tried to spare anyone, especially U6, didn't try to get others to be stronger, he put his pride aside to go help Goku when he was in trouble...

Vegeta is currently a lot better than Goku. It annoys me Goku learned nothing and is still being wanked to no end.

I also don't like how the ED would spoil everything in an arc that's been dragging. Like if it takes away all suspense might as well just quit.

So I'm hoping for some surprises.

I-hate-u

Vegeta getting eliminated = Beerus shits his pants = Champa brings out the vuvuzela = entertainment.

Plus, he is going to add a great dynamic to Krillin/Beerus/Shin when cutting to them for reactions.

Sorry to not look forward every character being trashed in 2 episodes so that Goku and Gohan can shine in the special episode.

If Vegeta goes out next week that's exactly what will happen.

The special isn't the climax, it's the start of it.
If Vegeta goes out in the next episode that doesn't mean everyone else is losing immediately after.

dickroach

what's this whole theory you're talking about with the OP/ED

like, there's 0% chance Vegeta's going out before fucking Roshi

Sandfox

He has been rather smart in the tournament so far, hasn't tried to spare anyone, especially U6, didn't try to get others to be stronger, he put his pride aside to go help Goku when he was in trouble...

Vegeta is currently a lot better than Goku. It annoys me Goku learned nothing and is still being wanked to no end.

I also don't like how the ED would spoil everything in an arc that's been dragging. Like if it takes away all suspense might as well just quit.

The odds of Frost losing next week seem pretty low to me and someone as powerful as Vegeta getting eliminated so early would generate "drama", but they could get creative next week.

Slaythe

The special isn't the climax, it's the start of it.
If Vegeta goes out in the next episode that doesn't mean everyone else is losing immediately after.

Just having a bad feeling about that thing, is all.

The odds of Frost losing next week seem pretty low to me and someone as powerful as Vegeta getting eliminated so early would generate "drama", but they could get creative next week.

I mean, Frost is pretty weak, has taken out Krilin, angered 18, is now torturing Roshi...

Considering he can be one shot by 5 members of U7, You'd think his survival would be limited but yeah they probably want their "surprise" take down.

Ashodin

Sorry to not look forward every character being trashed in 2 episodes so that Goku and Gohan can shine in the special episode.

If Vegeta goes out next week that's exactly what will happen.

That's not what happens. Geets gets it and then Goku probably goes ham because taking out Jiren means he likely can take out Toppo and everyone else.

It's just probably the fight takes ages (probably the rest of the tournament) and everyone else gets knocked out in the meantime (except Gohan). Gohan likely fights Toppo as the last fight in the tournament.

Alienous

They didn't do Tien justice. The episode after Roshi justifies his inclusion (and still remains in the tournament), and Tien goes out like a chump.

Couldn't be have left at least one clone in the tournament? That in itself would have been a cool display of his abilities.

BHK3

Banned
So I binged all of Super(right before the future trunks arc) all the way to the roshi episode we just had. It's honestly disgusting how much padding and filler are in each episode, or are entire episodes really. Kale's existence is honestly a tremendous slap to the face and I find it just crossing the line to disrespectful to the series. Reducing Broly, BROLY, to that. Why even bring him in? Why?

Frieza coming back and being apart of this tournament sounded good on paper, but they fucking ditched Super Fat not Fat Buu for that, and I just can't get over it.

Either way, I'm just waiting for the Jiren fight and Hit fight at this point, that probably won't be for another 10 episodes but I've had my fill of DB.

PS: The goku black arc sucked and that was the point everyone told me it got good. Zamasu was the only good thing and even then Toei can't keep anything good so he got unbearable as well.

Other than all that, I hope Dragon Ball Fighterz has Hit in it, or everyone from Universe 11 in it. Best God, Best Angel, Best fighters.

LotusHD

Banned
So I binged all of Super(right before the future trunks arc) all the way to the roshi episode we just had. It's honestly disgusting how much padding and filler are in each episode, or are entire episodes really. Kalifia's existence is honestly a tremendous slap to the face and I find it just crossing the line to disrespectful to the series. Reducing Broly, BROLY, to that. Why even bring him in? Why?

You mean Kale? And there's nothing to reduce Broly to or really disrespect, since he isn't canon... He wasn't brought in at all lol

Frieza coming back and being apart of this tournament sounded good on paper, but they fucking ditched Super Fat not Fat Buu for that, and I just can't get over it.

Rather have Buu over someone like Tien, whatever Frieza ends up doing is going to be far more interesting than whatever Buu would've done.

Ashodin

It's honestly disgusting how much padding and filler are in each episode, or are entire episodes really.

Tired of this. It's not filler. Filler is what anime makes up to pass the time between manga arcs.

What you think as "filler" is character development of other characters besides the main cast.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I hope they show a few episodes from U11 perspective. Give the U7 guys a break.

Basically, I want Toppo and Jiren to knock out a bunch of people together.

Looking at the preview, it made me think that Roshi, Piccolo, or even Tenshinhan could've defeated Freeza during the Resurrection of F arc using Mafuba.

What if Cabba takes out Vegeta?

That might actually be an alright character moment.

One Cabba hasn't earned of course.
Cabba knows Blue exists, maybe he mastered it and is now on par with Vegeta?

HeroR

He really didn't. He did it to show off Goku since Vegeta told Goku to 'rest' while he dealt with the entire team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom