• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeeter49

Out of curiosity, if Roshi did die next episode, I doubt he will, how would people feel? Would it feel cheap the second time or would Roshi surviving in 105 make it more impactful in 107?

daman824

Out of curiosity, if Roshi did die next episode, I doubt he will, how would people feel? Would it feel cheap the second time or would Roshi surviving in 105 make it more impactful in 107?
It would be horrible. "Faking" a characters death only to kill him for real 2 20 minute episodes later.

Also important to point out it would take place over around 2-5 minutes of in universe time.

The only way I see them not aging in Super is if Super ends before EoZ and is replaced by a sequel series that takes place after Z.
At worst we stick with the current designs and in a year or two (or maybe 3...) they switch to the EoZ designs between arcs.

Lol assuming that EoZ hasn't been out won't be Retconned at this point.

Rutger

Banned

I'd feel the same way as if he died last episode, "Eh, he'd be back by the end of the arc anyways".

Though if it was to give Goku a powerup, I'd be pretty disappointed at them just copying the first Super Saiyan transformation.

Lol assuming that EoZ hasn't been out won't be Retconned at this point.
So here's my problem with eoz either we keep it the exact same just adding in the universe stuff or it's retconned I prefer the latter cuz gotten and trunks apparently get lazy which means super would've been the only time for them to do stuff which means they would have been wasted which means super will officially suck

So here's my problem with eoz either we keep it the exact same just adding in the universe stuff or it's retconned I prefer the latter cuz gotten and trunks apparently get lazy which means super would've been the only time for them to do stuff which means they would have been wasted which means super will officially suck

They don't have to keep EoZ exactly the same, they can tweak things, they are already going to have to remove Bulma's 5 years line.
Also even if Goten is still a slacker in EoZ in Super they can still have him do stuff before and after that.

They don't have to keep EoZ exactly the same, they can tweak things, they are already going to have to remove Bulma's 5 years line.
Also even if Goten is still a slacker in EoZ in Super they can still have him do stuff before and after that.
But now it wouldn't even make sense they're slackers we're what? 2?3? Years away now with no signs of them not caring about fighting

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
It would be horrible. "Faking" a characters death only to kill him for real 2 20 minute episodes later.

Also important to point out it would take place over around 2-5 minutes of in universe time.

It's not so bad. They established Roshi's strategic value to the team, they've established that he's probably the only other person on earth, or in the universe that Goku has a sentimental feelings towards, and they teased Roshi's vulnerability.

A sexual sadist, praying on defenseless girls dying? If anything, would just be upset he lived for so long.

Watched the latest episode and eh:

1) The fighter designs are simply awful, the reflection dude is as lazy as they come
2) I know Gohan is useless and all, but shit Piccolo needs to realise that Gohan was just meant to die. I chose Chloe over Arcadia, Piccolo can't make the same mistake and choose Yamcha Jr over U7.
3) Vegeta was a prick, I wanted to see what that Dr was up to. :(
4) I don't understand how there can be Gohan fans, it's more perplexing than those that say Witcher 3 had gameplay which was not dogshit. Living a complete lie.

I also watched a clip of Freiza having no issues with the god of destruction destruction ball, does that mean the first god to be eliminated was weak as shit? Dude went out like a champ though, knew his universe was shit.

Baleoce

Speculation but, is Gokus new form going to be a mixture of
him "completing" ssj blue like he did in the manga (by absorbing blue into himself), mixed with an even further mastery of kaioken?

ElFly

Speculation but, is Gokus new form going to be a mixture of
him "completing" ssj blue like he did in the manga (by absorbing blue into himself), mixed with an even further mastery of kaioken?

it may be completing ssj blue, but in the manga that results in the boringest form, aka not leaking out any ki at all, while the anime transformation looks leaky

it may have the same name but I doubt it will be similar looking or be based on the same idea

Toyotaro basically went with the form that would be easier to draw (also see: Zamasu attacking with cubic blocks of metal)

would not be surprised if Goku achieves invisible attacks so Toyotaro can draw less

NeonZ

The manga is foreshadowing something, so I doubt this transformation will be anime exclusive. Even if it is related to Kaioken in the anime, it'd need to be just part of its concept, considering how the base idea wouldn't come from that.

BreakAtmo

Tien going out in a draw was a shame. It was really cool, but imagine if he used two clones to tackle the guy it, but left one in, then the last clone in the ring remotely re-absorbed the 3 on the outside. He dares the Zenos to disqualify him, they're like “That was dope, you're good" and he struts off.

Now that would have been good. Have one of Tien's clones teleported back to the stands, but then a Tien clone is revealed to still be on the stage. Then the Tien in the stands fades away, and Tien reveals that he can transfer his life force to any clone he makes, instead of being limited to the original being the only "real" one.

Woulda had Beerus like

fK7cBld.png

Khezu

That shit was terrible.

It made pretty much every character look bad.

Except for fat guy and his buddy, since they were punching way above their weight class, and giving everyone trouble despite being horribly gimmicky and weak as hell.

HeroR

Can't find an equivalent for Goten(googly eyes are required), I don't think he's a true Son child.

Look at these strong family ties.

You have to used the TFS's version of Vegeta becoming as Super Saiyan.

Although, that is one of the few TFS's jokes I do find hilarious since it shows Vegeta's 'badass moment' in the anime as a giant hissy fit, which it what it really was and I never got why people thought Vegeta looked cool here.

It sounds about as plausible as the Goten Black theory did.

On second thought maybe it's a sliver more plausible than that because that theory was just dumb.

The Goten Black theory was so stupid and you still have salty fans complaining about how Super drop the ball for a cool 'plot twist'.

It sounds about as plausible as the Goten Black theory did.

On second thought maybe it's a sliver more plausible than that because that theory was just dumb.

Tell me why Vegeta is there with Krillin and Tenshinhan. Tell me why Piccolo is there with Roshi and Freeza instead of Gohan.

As Ashodin said. The ending theory can't be denied.

I'm sure you're desperate enough to believe anything if it meant Goten becoming relevant.

So you're forgiven.

I always scratched my head at Goten fans, but then I realized the Buu saga was the first saga for some fans. And he is A LOT more likable than Trunks.

Guess I'm the same way with Gohan, except my character actually did shit. * cough *

I do hope they do another time skip, because now that we have girl super saiyans it'd be great to see Pan at 8-9 years old being grandpa gokus favorite as he trains her to be his true successor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom