• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEO0MJ

Tien is the three-eyed guy who trains in the mountains. He doesn't have any specific dynamics with the main cast outside of being Goku's former rival who got far surpassed and never caught up like 20 years ago in the story.

Yeah. Tien was the super strong guy who was the first to truly be an equal to Goku but there wasn't much else to define him since the show keeps throwing stronger and stronger opponents for Goku and so got left behind.
He never had much of a personality or even got to develop much of a relationship with any character since things ramped up so fast after he turned good.

Eylos

Banned
Yeah. Tien was the super strong guy who was the first to truly be an equal to Goku but there wasn't much else to define him since the show keeps throwing stronger and stronger opponents for Goku and so got left behind.
He never had much of a personality or even got to develop much of a relationship with any character since things ramped up so fast after he turned good.
tumblr_n23a486LsZ1sycuvlo1_500.gif

tumblr_n23a486LsZ1sycuvlo2_r1_500.gif

tumblr_n23a486LsZ1sycuvlo6_r1_500.gif

Now gin must update this with tien

Slaythe

Give me

Uub
Goten
Trunks
Kale
Caulifla
Cabba

Training under Goku, Vegeta and Gohan.

I threw up a little.

What I want from an NG :

Goku Vegeta cause they'll never go away

Uub
Pan
Trunks as leader somewhat
Marron
17's son
Piccolo's offspring (why not) so that Pan has a best friend

Have Gohan and 17 be the occasional powerful characters that come back to give a hand when shit is bad.

Have slice of life episodes dedicated to Goten only where he is leading the bachelor life.

Slaythe

17 trained in the mountains , or on an island or whatever, and now he's as powerful as Goku for some reason

So what ? He had over 10 years.

Trunks also reached Goku's level, and so did Gohan... In far less than 10 years. Not to mention Frieza in 4 months with a ginyu tier dude.

I-hate-u

Marron and 17's child are normal humans, they can't hang with Saiyans unless Toei is willing to completely desecrate all established lore of DB and DBZ. 17 and Freeza reaching an extremely high heights can be accepted because their base power is pretty much Super Saiyan level (beyond for the androids). Not humans.

Uub is a special case. Also, y'all be forgetting Bulla.

I threw up a little.

What I want from an NG :

Goku Vegeta cause they'll never go away

Uub
Pan
Trunks as leader somewhat
Marron
17's son
Piccolo's offspring (why not) so that Pan has a best friend

Have Gohan and 17 be the occasional powerful characters that come back to give a hand when shit is bad.

Have slice of life episodes dedicated to Goten only where he is leading the bachelor life.
Piccolo can't do that.

:(

dickroach

So what ? He had over 10 years.

Trunks also reached Goku's level, and so did Gohan... In far less than 10 years. Not to mention Frieza in 4 months with a ginyu tier dude.

well ya.
ima go ahead and quote myself from a couple of pages ago

totally.
Roshi, then Piccolo, then the Androids, then you got the Saiyans and Frieza. all Dragon ball is ever going to be is the Saiyans and Frieza

PeaceUK

Marron and 17's child are normal humans, they can't hang with Saiyans unless Toei is willing to completely desecrate all established lore of DB and DBZ. 17 and Freeza reaching an extremely high heights can be accepted because their base power is pretty much Super Saiyan level (beyond for the androids). Not humans.

Eh, now that it's established 17 and 18 were genetically modified, they could easily have some of those genes passed on to their kids.

I-hate-u

Well Marron is also the daughter of Krillin, who, let us not forget, could destroy the earth if he wanted to

Yeah but my point is they can't hang with the Saiyans, especially the new breed how are extremely talented.

Do we have a source for that genetic modification on the androids? Gero is a bigger genius that we had thought.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
what's this whole theory you're talking about with the OP/ED

like, there's 0% chance Vegeta's going out before fucking Roshi
Why have him standing next to them in the ending? The ED was right about Krillin, Tenshinhan, the destroyed stage and the remaining/useful Pride Troopers so far. We'll see in a couple of weeks.

Eylos

Banned
Yeah but my point is they can't hang with the Saiyans, especially the new breed how are extremely talented.

Do we have a source for that genetic modification on the androids? Gero is a bigger genius that we had thought.
We have confirmation on "bio-modifications" bio Engineer etc. a generic confirmation, nothing Specific to DNA modification

Anth0ny

net power level-wise, krillin and 18 were probably the most powerful parents of the entire series when marron was conceived

therefore, it is clearly obvious that marron could go on to rival, if not exceed the powers of the saiyans if she so desired it

tenor.gif

dickroach

Why have him standing next to them in the ending? The ED was right about Krillin, Tenshinhan, the destroyed stage and the remaining/useful Pride Troopers so far. We'll see in a couple of weeks.

all the U7 people are standing with nobodies.
weren't those U11 guys the only ones that were really introduced before the tournament started? the guy that looked like Kano was in a scene or two, but meh.
all those shots in the ED with the U6 guys are against a backdrop with clouds, on a mountain or something, aka not in the void where the tournament is.

it ain't gotta do shit with shit.

Skeeter49

who remembers those jobbers?
why isn't 8 hanging out with the crew?

I want an episode where Cabba follows Caulifla around for a day and hilarious hijinks happen

I want an episode where Cabba gets a call that a gang is causing trouble. Him and his men go to arrest them. It's Caulifla and her gang, she goes SSJ2 and Cabba speeds out of there, running away.

So you know how Toei faked out Buu by being replaced by Frieza at the last moment?

I wonder if this new power up is actually going to be Gohan's, but we're getting Goku in all the promotional art just for hype? Yeah it's crackpotty to assume this, but it feels too soon for Goku to get a new power up. Like he already has SS, SSG, and SSB, and an extent Kaioken + SSB.

The new form just looks kind of, I dunno... half assed on Goku. It looks so much closer to the mystic form with grey eyes, an extension of said form. Gohan even swore that he'd want to unlock hidden depths to his powers prior to the tournament. Goku will have his crack at Jiren and loses, whereas Gohan feels he has so much to lose he'd unlock his new form in a fit of rage, ala SSJ2.

It's a theory, so put down the pitchforks, I know it's the Goku show.

I kind of agree that Tien just never had a chance when it came to having anything meaningful happen, since he just doesn't have a personality to work with. Krillin, Yamcha, and Roshi all have quirks you can play with, but Tien's always been serious, with his defining thing being that he's a fighter...but everyone's a fighter, and Tien can't justifiably be super close to the top tier guys. He can't have an arc where he gets back on the horse in regards to being a fighter, since he's always training. He's got Chiaotzu, but he's nearly as bad. I'd say that maybe he would be more interesting if he could somehow also get Chiaotzu's powers, but that wouldn't really change his personality. Just gives him a few other attacks to use on fodder.

Morlas

I want an episode where Cabba gets a call that a gang is causing trouble. Him and his men go to arrest them. It's Caulifla and her gang, she goes SSJ2 and Cabba speeds out of there, running away.

and Caulifla comes to his house and beats him up anyway

Slaythe

1) 17 18 had organic enhancements, so in theory they can pass them over to their offspring, just like Cell could absorb them and fuse on a cellular level. It was implied Marron was stronger than she looked by 18, in Super. And it also would explain why 17 ended up having only "one" biological child (instead of having 3 mini android tier children). They're setting up the cousins !

2) Eighter was revived by the Dragon Balls which means he has a soul, therefore he is human based

@undead why can't Piccolo create a mini Piccolo D: ?

To be fair, it's only the 7th time he used that exact line lmao.

Eylos

Banned
1) 17 18 had organic enhancements, so in theory they can pass them over to their offspring, just like Cell could absorb them and fuse on a cellular level

2) Eighter was revived by the Dragon Balls which means he has a soul, therefore he is human based

@undead why can't Piccolo create a mini Piccolo D: ?

To be fair, it's only the 7th time he used that exact line lmao.

Only dragon Clan can create eggs, Piccolo dad was from dragon, Piccolo Jr is a Warrior so he cant create eggs, dende could create eggs

To anyone interested, Plague of Gripes seems to hit the latest episode right on the head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42HNvl0e26I&t=0s

Why does japan hate Tien?
I've wondered if its because he's considered ugly with the 3 eyes, but who knows.
I always knew Tien was always getting the short end, especially in Super where everyone was getting an offscreen power up. Plague did a great job breaking down how bad Tien has got it despite how everything should be going his way.

Morlas

FTFY.

Cabba's character died the moment he attacked Vegeta, and then disappeared.

Don't worry, Frieza will come for him soon.
And kale is just enjoying the whole thing in the background

Also I found it hilarious how everyone was speculating about that doctor guy and he even tried to tell everyone his power twice but he got owned both times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom