• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Give us punished toppo. Screw justice!
Yes!

But all his attacks have justice in them though. Eg: Justice Tornado, Crusher and Flash.

All eyes are on Vegeta.
If he falls next episode, then it's happening.
maxresdefault.jpg
Hell yeah! This will redeem ToP.

Cabba hasn't had any development so far lol, dude saw SSB and it seems he's stuck with regular SS, not even SS2.
Cabba will turn SS4 and get a complimentary pair of pants.
And a tail.

Kidding. He will probably be eliminated by U11 fighters before he goes SS2. I think Caulifla will definitely hit SS3.

Man, Jiren is going to bring the pain, isn't he?

Supast4r

So I binged all of Super(right before the future trunks arc) all the way to the roshi episode we just had. It's honestly disgusting how much padding and filler are in each episode, or are entire episodes really. Kale's existence is honestly a tremendous slap to the face and I find it just crossing the line to disrespectful to the series. Reducing Broly, BROLY, to that. Why even bring him in? Why?

Frieza coming back and being apart of this tournament sounded good on paper, but they fucking ditched Super Fat not Fat Buu for that, and I just can't get over it.

Either way, I'm just waiting for the Jiren fight and Hit fight at this point, that probably won't be for another 10 episodes but I've had my fill of DB.

PS: The goku black arc sucked and that was the point everyone told me it got good. Zamasu was the only good thing and even then Toei can't keep anything good so he got unbearable as well.

Other than all that, I hope Dragon Ball Fighterz has Hit in it, or everyone from Universe 11 in it. Best God, Best Angel, Best fighters.
Why do people care about Broly so much? He's a non cannon character that acts like a mindless killing machine and has no coherent story or personality worth caring about. Kale is a significant upgrade both personality wise and story wise to Broly. You are probably just lost in nostalgia.

Why do people care about Broly so much? He's a non cannon character that acts like a mindless killing machine and has no coherent story or personality worth caring about. Kale is a significant upgrade both personality wise and story wise to Broly. You are probably just lost in nostalgia.
Or people just have different opinions? Kale is a knock off Broly to me as well but I'm not hating on her fans. She's pretty generic and boring IMO. Just a lazy re-skin with a lamer personality.

Morlas

Or people just have different opinions? Kale is a knock off Broly to me as well but I'm not hating on her fans. She's pretty generic and boring IMO. Just a lazy re-skin with a lamer personality.

Broly's personality was "psycho" and if you like that fine, but he was one dimensional as hell

Broly's personality was "psycho" and if you like that fine, but he was one dimensional as hell
Never said Broly was a deep well written character. Kale is just more of the same which is worse to me. Caulifa or whatever is horrible too and I'm still mad she got SSJ/SSJ2 in like 15 mins when it took Goku and Vegeta, vastly superior fighters years to achieve those forms. I dislike Goten getting the form easily in DBZ for the same reason. Lazy writing and character development.

Morlas

Never said Broly was a deep well written character. Kale is just more of the same which is worse to me. Caulifa or whatever is horrible too and I'm still mad she got SSJ/SSJ2 in like 15 mins when it took Goku and Vegeta, vastly superior fighters years to achieve those forms. I dislike Goten getting the form easily in DBZ for the same reason. Lazy writing and character development.

Kale acted like Broly for one episode and not even exactly like him so i can't really agree with you on that, and what made Goku and Vegeta vastly superior fighters at the time of their transformations into super saiyans? are you mad about Cabba getting super saiyan because Vegeta made some empty threats? oh wait he transformed because he got angry so that makes everything okay.

Kale acted like Broly for one episode and not even exactly like him so i can't really agree with you on that, and what made Goku and Vegeta vastly superior fighters at the time of their transformations into super saiyans? are you mad about Cabba getting super saiyan because Vegeta made some empty threats? oh wait he transformed because he got angry so that makes everything okay.
How do you explain it taking the main star of the series who we safely assume is the strongest outside of maybe Jiren and his chief rival taking years to achieve a legendary form but these super rookies from an alternate universe getting a tingling feeling in their back and getting massive power upgrades? It's bad writing just meant to make them able to compete in the tournament of power if you ask me. It's obvious Goku and Vegeta are better fighters.

Edit: at this rate they'll be gods of destruction in an hour. It's laughable to me. I enjoy super but it's full of nonsense.

How do you explain it taking the main star of the series who we safely assume is the strongest outside of maybe Jiren and his chief rival taking years to achieve a legendary form but these super rookies from an alternate universe getting a tingling feeling in their back and getting massive power upgrades? It's bad writing just meant to make them able to compete in the tournament of power if you ask me. It's obvious Goku and Vegeta are better fighters.

Edit: at this rate they'll be gods of destruction in an hour. It's laughable to me. I enjoy super but it's full of nonsense.

that's just the writers not giving a fuck anymore and making SSJ and SSJ2 into a joke since this far into game they're entirely useless.

It's power creep to the max, with the added joke that they aren't going to make these transformations hard to achieve since any of the main three saiyan warriors could beat SSJ2 transformations now.

We had Goten and Trunks transform into SSJ like nothing in Buu anyways.

Morlas

goku was probably in his mid 20s when he turned super saiyan and he didn't have anyone to teach him how to so that's not a good point and it's not like vegeta was gonna ask him how to do it and if we wanna talk about bad points lets talk about how vegeta went from a power level a bit over 20k to a couple of million over the course of a day or two or how goku turn from a scrub of about 1300 at his max to 150 million over the course of a bit over a year....suffice to say power levels are bullshit and super saiyan is no longer a legend it's a technique that any saiyan can learn if they're strong enough, it just took one achieving it to allow others to know how.

Broly in movie 8 I guess has been more entertaining to me than Kale so far. Two of her fights being knock offs of Broly's greatest hits doesn't help. She certainly has a lot more room to grow and she has a little, but yeah it was very recent and we haven't seen much of her since. Her controlled berserk form is great, can't wait to see more action in that.

Daingurse

To anyone interested, Plague of Gripes seems to hit the latest episode right on the head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42HNvl0e26I&t=0s

Why does japan hate Tien?
I've wondered if its because he's considered ugly with the 3 eyes, but who knows.

Wow, that video really puts it all into perspective. Tien has just been getting shit on in Super. There is an active disdain towards the character lol. Shit has been really painful to witness as a fan of the character.

Edit: yes, he was completely absent in all the toriyama hand jobs.

Was it? I thought that one tri beam pretty much took him out

Sorry, lttp. I would point to the two blast marks on his arms. This implies to me at least one more off screen kikoho, but the 1 kikoho we did see looked like it straight up missed to me.

Skeeter49

Broly in movie 8 I guess has been more entertaining to me than Kale so far. Two of her fights being knock offs of Broly's greatest hits doesn't help. She certainly has a lot more room to grow and she has a little, but yeah it was very recent and we haven't seen much of her since. Her controlled berserk form is great, can't wait to see more action in that.
I think her and Caulifla are in the same situation Piccolo and Gohan are in, they need to split up and interact with others.

Trey

Lazy writing and character development is a DBZ/S staple at this point. Best to just ride the wave of hype. Like you said, the SS trivialization is nothing new. Each character even reacts to a new Super Saiyan the same way each time.

Skeeter49

In their universe they're not rookies though, they're set up as some of the strongest saiyans. Cabba was chosen for the U6 tournament for that reason, and he went looking for someone even stronger than he was before SSJ.

Kale's the only exception, but she's being trained by one of the stronger saiyans.

And only one did the back thing, and it was set up as her being the only one able to do it that way.

Adding new stuff to something like SSJ is fine, the only messup is Cauli's gang should have all tried the back thing and failed at it.

Morlas

In their universe they're not rookies though, they're set up as some of the strongest saiyans. Cabba was chosen for the U6 tournament for that reason, and he went looking for someone even stronger than he was before SSJ.

Kale's the only exception, but she's being trained by one of the stronger saiyans.

And only one did the back thing, and it was set up as her being the only one able to do it that way.

Adding new stuff to something like SSJ is fine, the only messup is Cauli's gang should have all tried the back thing and failed at it.

i like to think Caulifla is like Franky in terms of her picking up a bunch of urchins off the street and bringing them together like a family..

dickroach

I'd never seen any of the movies past the first 3, so Broly is nothing to me. might as well be fanfiction
with that said, yea, Kale sucks

and if the shit's about to hit the fan in this tournament, where are the U6 saiyans?
like they kind of have to be fighting with Frost, they're on the same team. but it didn't look like they were in the next ep at all

Gin-Shiio

A large problem with this tournament is still that there are so many fighters absent every episode, but none of them get eliminated off-screen. What's everyone doing? U7 is our heroes and we deserve the kills, but it still is rather baffling.

Morlas

If they do a next generation arc, they can have em over for a Siayan boot camp feat. Uub, provided we get a time skip.

While GT was executed very poorly an arc dedicated to a space adventure would be a very fun way to get some of the cast their own time to shine if done right

Why does japan hate Tien?
I've wondered if its because he's considered ugly with the 3 eyes, but who knows.

Tien doesn't really have a schtick to highlight. Roshi is Goku's former master so it's easy to do a showcase episode to highlight that "he still got it."

Krillin is the defacto comic relief so he gets an episode to display that beneath all of that, he is actually competent.

Piccolo is Gohan's mentor.

Tien is the three-eyed guy who trains in the mountains. He doesn't have any specific dynamics with the main cast outside of being Goku's former rival who got far surpassed and never caught up like 20 years ago in the story.

Like, maybe they could explore how Tien is not actually human, but Triclops race, but Toei is gonna Toei and play with their new shiny toys and the Saiyans. :p

RIP SANJI.
When else are they going to develop them?
I don't think this show could last if they did an arc without goku and vegeta tho so I'm not even mad ratings would drop like crazy. If goten and co ever do something goku will be right along with them.

As somebody else pointed out have a one piece style adventure arc that way everybody can get a shine

LotusHD

Banned
throw em in the time chamber while some interesting shit's going on, and have them swoop in near the end.
oh, and kill off Cabba, Kaulifa, and Kale.

Lol at the thought of them ever getting rid of the U6 Saiyans anytime soon

Like, maybe they could explore how Tien is not actually human, but Triclops race, but Toei is gonna Toei and play with their new shiny toys and the Saiyans. :p

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy in that them making Tien lame(r) makes you not want to explore Tien further... because he's lame. Then again, I've never cared about him, so meh.

I mean, after the great Roshi episode, it has to be a serious gutpunch to all 5 of them.

Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom