• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
goku was probably in his mid 20s when he turned super saiyan and he didn't have anyone to teach him how to so that's not a good point and it's not like vegeta was gonna ask him how to do it and if we wanna talk about bad points lets talk about how vegeta went from a power level a bit over 20k to a couple of million over the course of a day or two or how goku turn from a scrub of about 1300 at his max to 150 million over the course of a bit over a year....suffice to say power levels are bullshit and super saiyan is no longer a legend it's a technique that any saiyan can learn if they're strong enough, it just took one achieving it to allow others to know how.

No...just no. I disagree.

You don't become a Super Saiyan in 10 minutes by being taught or else planet Vegeta would never have fallen in the first place. If you could just tell someone to get a tingle in their back or get super pissed off to turn into a legendary form then the Saiyan race would never have been decimated. SSJ has been watered down so much that maybe you're forgetting how big of a deal it was when Goku finally got the form. I grew up with DBZ and that was hyped to the moon so to see some rookies (and by that I mean new characters) from another universe get it in a few minutes without training, enduring hardships or loss like (arguably) the greatest warrior in the universe is a joke to me. It's bad writing and a plot device to fill out characters for this tournament of power. I think you can like new characters but agree that their power ups are BS due to lazy writing and poor character development. Maybe if they used a hyperbolic time chamber I'd buy into the nonsense but the staff couldn't even come up with that as an excuse.

And power levels are useless so I'm not going to even humor you there. Vegeta has used the hyperbolic time chamber, rage from extreme loss (ya know his whole planet and family being killed and being surpassed in strength by a peasant) and natural talent to achieve new heights. Not Goku telling him to get mad or imagine a tingling sensation in his back. It's nonsense.

Like I said I still enjoy Super but some of these ass pulls are indefensible to me.

FTFY.

Cabba's character died the moment he attacked Vegeta, and then disappeared.

Don't worry, Frieza will come for him soon.
Either Cabba or Caulifa, a U6 saiyan is going to feel Frieza's wrath one way or another.

eIUmJ8.gif

Skeeter49

Either Cabba or Caulifa, a U6 saiyan is going to feel Frieza's wrath one way or another.

eIUmJ8.gif

Caulifla still needs development in this tournament, since they had to fuck her character over for Kale's.

Cabba and Kale will be Frieza's test subjects, and that'll piss Caulifla off. Well Kale will piss Caulifla off. No one cares about Cabba, except Vegeta.

Since frieza probably sees kale as the biggest threat probably her
and that will set caulifla off
I want Frieza to make a Power Rangers comment, or leave the dub open to make that comment, when he sees Kale's Green hair.

Morlas

Caulifla still needs development in this tournament, since they had to fuck her character over for Kale's.

Cabba and Kale will be Frieza's test subjects, and that'll piss Caulifla off. Well Kale will piss Caulifla off. No one cares about Cabba, except Vegeta.
Vegeta's just trying to be the best dadgeta he can

Goten is a bad character.

maxresdefault.jpg

Look at this stupid child.

What is Goten's character beyond stupid child character? His whole defining characteristic is that he's a stupid child, and he has a friendship with kid Trunks. (Just to note, Kid Trunks also isn't good, but the show at least gave him something by having him interact with Future Trunks. It's not much, but it's something.) Goten straight up, has never had a good moment in Z or Super. Hell, you'd think people would dislike him more considering his dumb actions kicked off the pacifier arc. Goten and Trunks also starred in the worst DBZ movie, and probably the worst piece of DBZ period.

DBZ_THE_MOVIE_NO._11.jpg

Goten's shining moment gang.

I bet this actually happens. Frieza beats the shit out of Kale and Cabba. Goku instant transmissions over telling her to imagine a sinking feeling in her stomach and she gets Super Saiyan Blue.

I-hate-u

Bio Broly can never be the worst DB movie because it was the only one of 2 movies not to feature Goku/Vegeta.

Let's not pretend the Garlic movies and the DBZ episodes are not worst.

I don't care if you don't like Broly but 18, Trunks and Goten are entertaining.

brinstar

Bio Broly can never be the worst DB movie because it was the only one of 2 movies not to feature Goku/Vegeta.

Let's not pretend the Garlic movies and the DBZ episodes are not worst.

Garlic's movie is the best one imo. It and the 2nd one are the only ones from the original run that are interesting to me.

I forgot how big of a deal Super Saiyan was when two kids easily accessed the form... :p

I mean that's my point. I ripped on Goten in an earlier post for getting it so easily as well. With Trunks they could make up some nonsense where he's somehow connected to his future self and can tap into his power thus becoming SSJ at a young age but nah, lets just give them it because why not. If Super Saiyan wasn't so watered down the power creep wouldn't have accelerated so fast to the point where Saiyans are the only relevant characters. I miss Piccolo being a force instead of a glorified baby sitter.

Goten is a bad character.

What is Goten's character beyond stupid child character? His whole defining characteristic is that he's a stupid child, and he has a friendship with kid Trunks. (Just to note, Kid Trunks also isn't good, but the show at least gave him something by having him interact with Future Trunks. It's not much, but it's something.) Goten straight up, has never had a good moment in Z or Super. Hell, you'd think people would dislike him more considering his dumb actions kicked off the pacifier arc. Goten and Trunks also starred in the worst DBZ movie, and probably the worst piece of DBZ period.

??

Goten is great. His first meeting with Goku in the Buu Saga made his while character worth it. Tears in the rain.

brinstar

Not for me. The first couple of movies up to Tree of Might are so forgettable.

They start to get better from Slug.

I have the exact opposite opinion haha! Every one starting with 3 is trash to me except maybe 13, but I haven't seen it in a while so I dunno how it holds up.

Anybody that can hate goten is a bad person and should be sent to the dead zone where they'll have to watch one piece all 804 episodes plus Db Gt right after

When you look at it in terms of Saiyan's offspring depend on the power level of their parents at the time of being conceived, it becomes an easier pill to swallow.

I don't get that logic. Trunks and Goten are not full bloodied Saiyans but get the form easily. Gohan is in the same boat and has way more battle experience but it takes the threat of Cell and some time in the time chamber with Goku to achieve the form.

Laiza

To anyone interested, Plague of Gripes seems to hit the latest episode right on the head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42HNvl0e26I&t=0s

Why does japan hate Tien?
I've wondered if its because he's considered ugly with the 3 eyes, but who knows.
Forget Tien, Toei seems incapable of letting side characters outside of U7 look even halfway competent. Literally everyone that isn't in the top 10 is just there to make the top fighters look good, and that's it.

Terrible, terrible writing and I don't care how you defend it.

PeaceUK

I don't get that logic. Trunks and Goten are not full bloodied Saiyans but get the form easily. Gohan is in the same boat and has way more battle experience but it takes the threat of Cell and some time in the time chamber with Goku to achieve the form.

Goku was far more powerful when Goten was concieved, ergo Goten is far more powerful by default than Gohan

LotusHD

Banned
I mean that's my point. I ripped on Goten in an earlier post for getting it so easily as well. With Trunks they could make up some nonsense where he's somehow connected to his future self and can tap into his power thus becoming SSJ at a young age but nah, lets just give them it because why not. If Super Saiyan wasn't so watered down the power creep wouldn't have accelerated so fast to the point where Saiyans are the only relevant characters. I miss Piccolo being a force instead of a glorified baby sitter.

No one is saying that's not dumb too.

I'm just saying, there's precedent for displaying that Super Saiyan is no longer a big deal, so I just stopped caring lmao

Like people basically accepted that half-Saiyans have easier access to the form, but nah, a prodigy, as well as two Saiyans from an alternate universe is where things have crossed the line lol

Skeeter49

So does he have super sperm? How does that even make sense.

Yeah I'm just being salty and nitpicking at the writing which has never been consistent

If we want to throw the Android 13 movie in, Goku got kicked in the dick, so he could have got a Zenkai boost from that.

But when Chichi and Goku had sex to conceive Chichi, the idea was that Goku was a SSJ when they had sex, making it easier for Goten to unlock SSJ.

With U6 saiyans they evolved differently so really comparisons of SSJ end there.

I'm still wondering what the hell the other universes are doing while U7 and 6 are knocking everyone out, bunch of scrubs.
I feel like this would've been better if it was broken up into blocks
Like out a certain number of universes in each block, each winner advances than those remaining battles it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom