• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoyed 106, but I disliked the handling of Gohan in it, he felt out of character compared to the rest of the arc.

I get the feeling that 108 will be about the bug dudes that we still haven't seen and that the U6 Namekians will be part of the climax.

I'm OK with that. Give Piccolo a great fight for once.

No...just no. I disagree.

You don't become a Super Saiyan in 10 minutes by being taught or else planet Vegeta would never have fallen in the first place. If you could just tell someone to get a tingle in their back or get super pissed off to turn into a legendary form then the Saiyan race would never have been decimated.

But this is exactly how Gohan got it :p

No...just no. I disagree.

You don't become a Super Saiyan in 10 minutes by being taught or else planet Vegeta would never have fallen in the first place. If you could just tell someone to get a tingle in their back or get super pissed off to turn into a legendary form then the Saiyan race would never have been decimated. SSJ has been watered down so much that maybe you're forgetting how big of a deal it was when Goku finally got the form. I grew up with DBZ and that was hyped to the moon so to see some rookies (and by that I mean new characters) from another universe get it in a few minutes without training, enduring hardships or loss like (arguably) the greatest warrior in the universe is a joke to me. It's bad writing and a plot device to fill out characters for this tournament of power. I think you can like new characters but agree that their power ups are BS due to lazy writing and poor character development. Maybe if they used a hyperbolic time chamber I'd buy into the nonsense but the staff couldn't even come up with that as an excuse.

And power levels are useless so I'm not going to even humor you there. Vegeta has used the hyperbolic time chamber, rage from extreme loss (ya know his whole planet and family being killed and being surpassed in strength by a peasant) and natural talent to achieve new heights. Not Goku telling him to get mad or imagine a tingling sensation in his back. It's nonsense.

Like I said I still enjoy Super but some of these ass pulls are indefensible to me.

Ah, so you don't understand the point of the "back tingles" scene then.

I must admit watching y'all argue over what makes the most sense a 7&8 year old achieving SS without knowing or Three saiyans Achieving the Form when they didn't even know it existed is quite entertaining

It's all nonsense

Anime filler sort of tricked people into thinking SSJ was really hard to get.

It was never written like that, so naturally that's the route Super seems to have gone.

Skeeter49

I must admit watching y'all argue over what makes the most sense a 7&8 year old achieving SS without knowing or Three saiyans Achieving the Form when they didn't even know it existed is quite entertaining

It's all nonsense
Only one achieved the form without being aware of it.

Why do people throw Kale in when her form isn't SSJ?

RocknRola

Hey guys what are we talking about today

Oh

Well it's not DBGAF without our cyclical arguments

Yup. Though it's almost cathartic in a way I suppose hehe

I thought they were trying to give Krillin a new power up in that one episode but nope

Yeah, real shame. Especially the way they kicked him out. He repeated that mistake a couple of times in the same episode too, which made it feel even weirder. Alas, it is what it is.

Supast4r

That's fan speculation and how tf would Chi Chi survive pelvic thrusts from SSJ Goku. Maybe if he was SSJ and they went the route of artificial insemination but that still makes zero sense from a biological standpoint. If I lift a bunch of weights and convince some woman that we'll have super offspring our kid ain't coming out the womb looking like Debo from Friday.

I've taken Dragon Ball too seriously, haven't I.
Why is he super sayian while having sex? Why do you not question this with vegeta and bulma

Fj0823

Goten was conceived during the 7 days before the Cell Games, when Goku was SSJ all the time.

Yes, but SSJ being tied to Saiyan Midichlorians is a total fan theory

Goten, Trunks and Cauli got SSJ easily because they're that good, that's all there is.

Beth Cyra

Yes, but SSJ being tied to Saiyan Midichlorians is a total fan theory

Goten, Trunks and Cauli got SSJ easily because they're that good, that's all there is.
Trunks and Cauli have been justified by well what Trunks will become and Cauli as a The Goku of U6, Goten sadly is the the odd duck who gets no justification and then gets killed in the Future by Zamasu.

Damn they need to let my boy Goten get some damn love already.

RocknRola

Random question: Remember when, right after Gohan dealt with Cell, the gang used the dragon balls to resurrect everyone killed by him? Why didn't Kaio also come back to life at that time? Did he refuse or was he too powerful to be resurrected by Shenlong (which wouldn't make much sense since Trunks came back to life anyway)?

Trunks and Cauli have been justified by well what Trunks will become and Cauli as a The Goku of U6, Goten sadly is the the odd duck who gets no justification and then gets killed in the Future by Zamasu.

Damn they need to let my boy Goten get some damn love already.
What? What kinda bias is this?
He's just as justified as those two

An update on the whole situation with Bluray box 11 having 13 episodes instead of 12.
Since the special seems to just be episodes 109 and 110 aired together if you figure in one more break before 133(the 13th episode in Box 11) for New Years then 133 will air on March 25th, the final Sunday of the first cour of 2018. The significance of that is that is that new shows are generally started at the start of a cour, so the extra episode in Bluray box 11 being the final episode of a cour lends credence to the theory that 133 might be the final episode of Super.
I'd just like to reiterate that if Super does end on episode 133 it won't be the end of new Dragon Ball, the show will just be replaced with a sequel series, either the very next week or a little later that year.

caliph95

Relevant gif for Goku and Chi chi

giphy.gif

Sandfox

I said this a long time ago, but Goten and kid Trunks are gag characters and will only get joke scenes. Them achieving SSJ was a gag, as is Gotenks. That's why their role in this arc will be to freak out some poachers in the traditional Toriyama gag style.

Skeeter49

Random question: Remember when, right after Gohan dealt with Cell, the gang used the dragon balls to resurrect everyone killed by him? Why didn't Kaio also come back to life at that time? Did he refuse or was he too powerful to be resurrected by Shenlong (which wouldn't make much sense since Trunks came back to life anyway)?
The Dragon justified it as Goku killing King Kai.

Sandfox

The Dragon justified it as Goku killing King Kai.

He refused to come back so he could keep Goku company.

HeroR

So you know how Toei faked out Buu by being replaced by Frieza at the last moment?

I wonder if this new power up is actually going to be Gohan's, but we're getting Goku in all the promotional art just for hype? Yeah it's crackpotty to assume this, but it feels too soon for Goku to get a new power up. Like he already has SS, SSG, and SSB, and an extent Kaioken + SSB.

The new form just looks kind of, I dunno... half assed on Goku. It looks so much closer to the mystic form with grey eyes, an extension of said form. Gohan even swore that he'd want to unlock hidden depths to his powers prior to the tournament. Goku will have his crack at Jiren and loses, whereas Gohan feels he has so much to lose he'd unlock his new form in a fit of rage, ala SSJ2.

It's a theory, so put down the pitchforks, I know it's the Goku show.

Super Saiyan God was introduced in 2013, while Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan was created in 2015. It's been two years since Goku had a new form, and the Kaioken doesn't count since it's a technique. So this 'too soon' argument, doesn't really make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom