• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickroach

He's an old grandpa now! That's all that matters!

by proxy you just called Chichi an old grandma

giphy.gif

The whole tingly thing is stupid. Goku wouldn't have told Gohan to get angry in the hyperbolic time chamber if he knew about the tingly feeling. It's just stupid DBS retcon as usual.

Domestic Vegeta arcs are silly and show how much Vegeta has grown as a person.

Domestic Goku episodes are all whining about not training, or training his kids to push them being their limits, which sounds fun but boils down to training montages and not really progressing anyone.

Vegeta is the better and more interesting parent, give me 5 arcs with him over Goku and baby Goku.

NeonZ

The whole tingly thing is stupid. Goku wouldn't have told Gohan to get angry in the hyperbolic time chamber if he knew about the tingly feeling. It's just stupid DBS retcon as usual.

Goku told Trunks way back in the beginning of the android arc that he didn't need anger to turn into a SSJ after the first few times. So, it was established for a long time that there was some other way, we just never got any elaboration on what it was.

HeroR

What is up with people not getting this scene? Do anyone read the freaking subs?

Cabba specifically said you need anger to transform the first. All the other times, you feel a tingle in your back and you don't need anger. Super Saiyan isn't like the Hulk in the movie who's 'always anger'.

Domestic Vegeta arcs are silly and show how much Vegeta has grown as a person.

Domestic Goku episodes are all whining about not training, or training his kids to push them being their limits, which sounds fun but boils down to training montages and not really progressing anyone.

Vegeta is the better and more interesting parent, give me 5 arcs with him over Goku and baby Goku.

We had domestics Goku's episodes that wasn't like that. Namely, Episode 43 when he spent time with Pan. We even seen Goku do far more 'domestic' things than Vegeta like shopping and having dinner with his family. He even went to the movies to see Gohan's movie, even if he did fall asleep.

What have Vegeta done?....He took his son to the amusement part 104 episodes ago, yet we're going to pretend domestic Vegeta is fun to watch.

Goku outright told Trunks way back in the beginning of the android arc that he didn't need anger to turn into a SSJ after the first few times. So, it was established for a long time that there was some other way, we just never got any elaboration on what it was.

The implication was that once you knew about it, you didn't have to rely on anger to do it. I mean, it's not impossible to have never needed the anger, it just is never shown.

Honestly, if she just naturally picked up on it after seeing Cabba doing it I feel it'd have been better than back tingles. It would have made a stronger case for her to be a natural.

Skeeter49

A retcon would be if the reason Gohan went SSJ was because of the tingly back stuff.
The earrings wearing off after an hour is a retcon.

This isn't a retcon, it's adding something new to separate characters who weren't in the original story. Anger is not being taken away as the reason to achieve SSJ, it's the only way except for one person.

Also Cabba is the only one to realize the tingly back stuff, so it could be only a U6 thing. Or Goku and Vegeta have never cared enough to think about how they turn it on and off. And people still don't get the point of the scene that this isn't something anyone could have done besides Caulifla. Cabba wouldn't have been able to do it to go SSJ, Kale couldn't, Gohan couldn't, Goten and Trunks couldn't, this was set up as something only she could do, they all have to do it out of anger or in Kale's case self acceptance.

NeonZ

The implication was that once you knew about it, you didn't have to rely on anger to do it. I mean, it's not impossible to have never needed the anger, it just is never shown.

That's just what even the characters assumed though. Cabba himself talked about how she needed anger. The tingles only came up once she asked how he transformed afterwards, and we never had gotten an explanation for that one, only that it wasn't related to anger.

HeroR

A retcon would be if the reason Gohan went SSJ was because of the tingly back stuff.

This isn't a retcon, it's adding something new to separate characters who weren't in the original story. Anger is not being taken away as the reason to achieve SSJ, it's the only way except for one person.

Also Cabba is the only one to realize the tingly back stuff, so it could be only a U6 thing. Or Goku and Vegeta have never cared enough to think about how they turn it on and off. And people still don't get the point of the scene that this isn't something anyone could have done besides Caulifla. Cabba wouldn't have been able to do it to go SSJ, Kale couldn't, Gohan couldn't, Goten and Trunks couldn't, this was set up as something only she could do, they all have to do it out of anger or in Kale's case self acceptance.

Nope. Goku acknowledged the 'back tingle' when Cali mentioned it in Episode 100.

Morlas

Goku knows since he pretty much confirmed it to Caulifla when they fought

Skeeter49

Goku knows since he pretty much confirmed it to Caulifla when they fought

He probably knows the area, but I doubt he would have ever been able to describe it to someone.

He said something like that. To me that means he never put a lot of thought into how he deactivates it, but when she said that it did make enough sense for him to not be totally lost.

Skeeter49

Why is everyone hating on Vegeta and hoping that he goes out next :( ?

The "I'm going to beat everyone up" persona really isn't that interesting, when it fucks over his development with Cabba from the U6 tournament.

Vegeta going out next almost guarantees the ending theory that Gohan and Goku are the final 2 fighters.

Vegeta raised heavy elimination flags this episode when he said it doesn't matter if Tien and Krillin are out, because he alone will beat everyone else.

The next episode is called Revenge F. Who does Frost want revenge on? It isn't a tricky question, it's Vegeta.

Beerus and Champa's banter will be hilarious.

Did I get everything coach?

LNBL

he might be a supporting husband and tough love dad, but he really has to drop the cocky tsundere shit with goku at some point.

I don't think that is ever gonna change. We have seen him develop throughout Super, more than Goku has. If anything, i like him even more than ever.

But that's just his character, he has been like this since his first arcs. If anything, it makes me like him even more. We got awesome scenes because of it imo,
like him and Trunks in the Goku black arc or the scene where he turns blue over the baby crying bc of the others.

Because we want other characters to get the time to shine.
I agree, they need to focus on that. But i feel like the whole "vegeta jobbing" thing is getting old, i feel the same about Piccolo having to shield/sacrifice himself to save Gohan every time.

If they were to give Vegeta a proper fight in the next episodes, I'd probably be fine with him getting eliminated early. But i hope they don't make him go out in a sleazy way by the hands of Frost like Krillin or Tien did.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The "I'm going to beat everyone up" persona really isn't that interesting, when it fucks over his development with Cabba from the U6 tournament.

Vegeta going out next almost guarantees the ending theory that Gohan and Goku are the final 2 fighters.

Vegeta raised heavy elimination flags this episode when he said it doesn't matter if Tien and Krillin are out, because he alone will beat everyone else.

The next episode is called Revenge F. Who does Frost want revenge on? It isn't a tricky question, it's Vegeta.

Beerus and Champa's banter will be hilarious.

Did I get everything coach?
Basically how I feel. Plus Vegeta had 67 episodes to shine in previously.

Gin-Shiio

My headcanon is that Goku wants to extensively study his opponent's fighting style before thrashing them, which is why he holds back so much. He mentioned something along those lines a few episodes ago as well.

Gohan isn't going to win, because goku is getting a new transformation. At most, Gohan might aid in winning because goku will go toe to toe with ET in his new form and when the clock strikes zero it'll be Goku and Gohan standing, therefore they win.

caliph95

Gohan isn't going to win, because goku is getting a new transformation. At most, Gohan might aid in winning because goku will go toe to toe with ET in his new form and when the clock strikes zero it'll be Goku and Gohan standing, therefore they win.
When is the last time a new transformation actually saved the day besides stalling or needed huge help like Gohan Ss2

Village

To anyone interested, Plague of Gripes seems to hit the latest episode right on the head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42HNvl0e26I&t=0s

Why does japan hate Tien?
I've wondered if its because he's considered ugly with the 3 eyes, but who knows.

Yo I just watched this

" He has no family, he has no backstory, he has no future" pretty much sums up tien. Damn, homeboy literally has nothing going for him.

As far as why, probably his character design isn't as cool to people as some others. Krillin Falls under this category as well, but people seem to like krillin and view him as some type of underdog. Where Tien is just... a competent guy that looks weird. And nothing backstory wise or character wise, to make him more than a competent guy that looks weird.. I don't hate tien personally, homie does just kind of exist though. He might get in DBZ fighters, because the producer likes him, so he has that.

Khansolo1

Hmmm what if the roles are reversed between goku/gohan. What I mean by that is gohan unleashing his full power kamehameha against cell with Goku's help.
But this time gohan helps Goku going all out.

caliph95

Knowing Dragon Ball Piccolo will get stronger from the fusion have a decent showing then get wrecked by Jiren or Full power Toppo

Looking for new shonen manga, havent read any shonen (since I was a kid at least).
Love OG DB, and really enjoyed DBZ.

thinking about yu yu hakusho or w/e its called, also one piece. I want something that may get a 2D ArkSys game one day

LotusHD

Banned
Looking for new shonen manga, havent read any shonen (since I was a kid at least).

thinking about yu yu hakusho or w/e its called, also one piece. I want something that may get a 2D ArkSys game one day

*cough read One Piece *cough

Well actually read both, but yea, One Piece.

HeroR

Both are great shows. I also recommend Jo Jo Bizarre Adventures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom