• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the generally expected outcome of the tournament at this point? Obviously the super dragon balls are going to fix the majority of this mess, but are we expecting a return to status quo? Reviving then combining down universes so there are technically less?

In a normal series, I'd expect an interruption and combining of the universes. In dragon ball z/super--this tournament will probably play out, Goku will get a new transformation and defeat Jiren to win it. The end. On to the next plot.

A lot of squandered opportunities in this arc.

Skeeter49

What's the generally expected outcome of the tournament at this point? Obviously the super dragon balls are going to fix the majority of this mess, but are we expecting a return to status quo? Reviving then combining down universes so there are technically less?
Assuming Gohan or Goku are the ones winning and making a wish on the Super Dragon Ball's, I think they'll wish for all universes destroyed/ erased by Zeno to be brought back.

Now what this does, is not only revive the 7 universes erased now, but also the 6 Zeno destroyed years ago, which'll bring up back to 18 total universes again, and the next big threat will be within one of them, or all of them.

I-hate-u

We haven't had new characters that stick around in the series since Beerus, Whis and Jaco.

Enter U6 saiyans.

RocknRola

Yamcha somehown wins it for U7 and saves all Universes.

#Believe.

Tournament interruption is the only thing that makes sense to me.

Slaythe

Oh my god, so apparently some little girl had requested a Dragon Ball Z episode on the live Johnny Bravo show, and since it was too long of an episode, he fast forwarded the episodes and provided commentary of everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHOUCTou5pc

That's all that could be found after over a decade.

But OMG that would have been so cool to see.

the 48 minutes of the tournament is actually 48 years back on earth, when they return the whole planet is a mad max-style desert future with elderly yamcha ruling it as the ultimate bandit king.

Afaik they didn't censor anything in yesterday's Super episode

And also, yesterday was the premiere of Kai: The Final Chapters with most of the old cast too! Here's the opening (eh, prefer the japanese one) and ending (sounds great).
kind of tired of piccolo getting jobbed out to save gohan though. make it the other way around where gohan saves him. in his dying words he tells piccolo to protect his family. piccolo gets a rage power-up and also absorbs the two u6 namekians.

/fanfic
Lol that'd be an interesting twist.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Oh my god, so apparently some little girl had requested a Dragon Ball Z episode on the live Johnny Bravo show, and since it was too long of an episode, he fast forwarded the episodes and provided commentary of everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHOUCTou5pc

That's all that could be found after over a decade.

But OMG that would have been so cool to see.
Cartoon Network used to restart the damn show in the middle of the Frieza saga. >.< I remember I was so damn pissed. It happened twice.

HeroR

Cartoon Network used to restart the damn show in the middle of the Frieza saga. >.< I remember I was so damn pissed. It happened twice.

It restarted because Dragon Ball Z was canceled in of the Namek Saga. The same thing happened with Sailor Moon R, where the show stopped in the middle of a season.

It was thanks to Toonami making these shows so popular that they finally got their dub completed.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
It restarted because Dragon Ball Z was canceled in the middle in the middle of the Namek Saga. The same thing happened with Sailor Moon R, where the show stopped in the middle of a season.

It was thanks to Toonami making these shows so popular that they finally got their dub completed.
It was so long ago though! I still remember the heartbreak haha.

HeroR

The summaries are out for the next episodes. YonkouProd translations:

DI91GxIVAAMPwj0.jpg

DI91In5UIAADEvA.jpg

Assuming Gohan or Goku are the ones winning and making a wish on the Super Dragon Ball's, I think they'll wish for all universes destroyed/ erased by Zeno to be brought back.

Now what this does, is not only revive the 7 universes erased now, but also the 6 Zeno destroyed years ago, which'll bring up back to 18 total universes again, and the next big threat will be within one of them, or all of them.
If Gohan gets the wish I expect him to try and wish Zeno out of existence as I suspect he hates their chaotic neutral bullshit.

Which then leads directly into the next arc where the Grand Priest and angels are now free to be openly villainous.

Slaythe

I kinda wish Jiren looked cooler.

latest

This would be easier to buy the hype. As it stands I have never felt more apathy towards a Dragon Ball antagonist, and it's a little sad.

HeroR

He looks less than Piccolo than Gohan looks like Vegeta, so let's not pretend like that'd be a problem. :p

True, but Toriyama is infamous for his six face design for humanoid characters. He tends to be more diverse with his more non-standard designs like robots. I personally like Jiren's design simply because it's quite different from what Toriyama usually does. It's his personality, or lack of one, that is holding Jiren back.

109 is the special right?

108 and 109 are the specials.

J4g3r

Preview spoilers:

Of all the people for Gohan to fight, why him..?

Trying to figure out how they could make that fight the least bit interesting.

Alec

thats weird, well I guess Ill the anime after my friend and I watch all of Kai.

is there a reason Kai never did the Buu saga?

Thisll be the second time Ive gone through all of DBZ this year. Read all of it till the end of cell arc, then watched from the saiyaman onwards back in febuary

Kai did do the Buu Saga, though...?

I-hate-u

I don't see any way Roshi surviving next episode, which discredits the ending theory, but the lack of the characters in the spoilers is giving it a strong case
giphy.gif

J4g3r

Regarding the
Genkidama:
What if Goku somehow steals all that Ki that Jiren is releasing and absorbs it al a Dragon Ball Z: Super Android 13.

HeroR

It just seems like a fight that will be all gimmicks and won't really push him into his Ultimate form is all.

I want Gohan vs Toppo.

It will be interesting to see since Gohan is a mediocre fighter overall. So let him cut his teeth against someone he can't brute force he way through.

HeroR

Herms translation of the same summery for those who care. Also, thanks go to the people at Kanzenshuu for bring this information forward:

DI-EjbVVYAEBVe0.jpg

DI-EjbXVwAA89nI.jpg

Slaythe

Yeah same.

:(

I bet this is what happens :
Vegeta is taken out following the Frost plan.

Frieza wants to severely damage U7, he sees Gohan being owned by a weakling, and following Resurrection F, he probably thinks Gohan is just shit. So he focuses on the next best things : the androids. He'll back stab them and eliminate both.

Piccolo will be the typical sacrifice for Gohan so that he gets mad and gets another bullshit power up/transformation.

Can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom