• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Holy hell.

I have been playing XV2 for a few days and it's legit great. This game will help greatly with the break and the wait for DBFZ.

I guess I'm too old to learn a new system that's not a 1 on 1 fighter or a first or third person shooter. I just can't get into XV2, eagerly waiting on DBFZ.

That's not fair Beerus.

download.png

Jiren is bald, and he's the baddest mother out there.

Well besides...

download_1.png

*shudders*

The God

Their fight generated massive amounts of energy which is what buu needed

As far as helping to unleash buu to beat goku that’s not quite right he let babidi unleash the darkness in his heart to help try and beat goku

He knew fighting goku would revive buu but he didn’t care and goku continued the fight anyway he knew as well

Thanks

man I miss this show. Gonna need to get a Funimation sub.

Daingurse

The way the sentence was structured I wasn't sure if you were joking or not. I tend to take people at their word unless I know them enough to tell when they're joking.

You bringing up Krillin was a good point, so I fell back to a pretty jokey post lol. I personally would have respected Krillin more for getting his ass beat, but I can't deny the logic in not wanting to jump off a bridge just because your friends are doing it! I respect Tien for trying, but all he really did was get the life chocked out of him.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
the thing that killed Goku was Gohan's cockiness

every time in Z when he got a power up he become some uber asshole, prior to when he was training he was doing so to protect people

but low and behold he starts playing with his foe and acting all edgy

STOP

Again, they actively addressed this in episode 88.

And Goku told Gohan to stop playing and finished Cell. Gohan's responses, 'hell no'. So Gohan is more at fault than Goku in that situation.

The emotion of fear exists to keep people from doing something stupid. The lack of fear doesn't make one brave. It makes you a fool.
Maybe if Goku actually attempted to be a father once in a while his son wouldn't be an idiot.

Daingurse

Again, they actively addressed this in episode 88.

How would you feel about a character regression here, Kagari? I kinda have a fear that Gohan could encounter some type of stimuli in the ToP that causes his personality to shift/waver. I really don't want to see Gohan get eliminated because of old character flaws.

How would you feel about a character regression here, Kagari? I kinda have a fear that Gohan could encounter some type of stimuli in the ToP that causes his personality to shift/waver. I really don't want to see Gohan get eliminated because of old character flaws.
Gohan has had character regression twice(three times if you count the movies) it should be done with

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

I'd be extremely disappointed after all the time they spent building up Gohan's development before the tournament in the right direction. I'd like to think Toei is smarter than that, but we'll see what happens as we start ramping up into the latter part of the arc.

Skeeter49

I still don't get the hate for that scene.
It's not like she pulled a Frieza and was keeping up to the Yardrat's IT in speed. The Yardrat paused for a second to throw a blast and she kicked him when he was open.

Character did something smart and attack when the enemy is open. It's literally the one time someone interrupted a fight, and people who like the Yardrat should just be happy she didn't kick him off the stage.

Skeeter49

I like Caulifla, Cabba, and Kali equally

I don't understand why some hate one over the other

I mean Cabba did no wrong

Cabba doesn't need to fuck up. Vegeta's doing that for him.

I like the U6 saiyans but so far they're underwhelming espcially Cabba.
Power wise or character wise?
Character wise while I would have liked more development before this tournament, I think with the episodes Caulifla and Kale have had, like 5 or 6 episodes, they've done a lot with them.

Cabba has a lot of potential, but they're not tapping into it. He's so far the only U6 saiyan who cares a lot about Sadala. Caulifla and Kale I assume have no attachment to Sadala anymore.

Yeah he has potential but,
Cabba has nothing unique going on him right now. He's barely shown so far.
I would've like if his moveset was based on kicks like they shown on the Champa opening arc.

As for Kale and Caulifla, I think they're alright from what we've seen so far.
Caulifla a prodigy who fights to have fun and get stronger, kinda like Goku.
Kale who fights for her love and master. :)

caliph95

I would've like if his moveset was based on kicks like they shown on the Champa opening arc.

Ribranne should fight Kale

We still haven't seen Hit shoot a beam out of his finger.

Let's not act like Goku's plan was going to work, guys. It was evident through the fight that Gohan up to the task of defeating Cell... without Android 16 being a literal Deus Ex Machina, Gohan didn't stand a chance. I'd blame Goku ten times over for giving Cell a senzu before laying blame on Gohan.

And if we're being real, Vegeta let Cell absorb an Android! He even aided him in the effort!

I just have this feeling that Toppo is Gohan's opponent. They've been developing Gohan for something big, and I hope the setup is for him to have that fight. He also became excited and fired up watching his father fighting Toppo.

And on the cabba subject. Are we forgetting he fought against berserk Kale while only being regular super saiyan? Yes, he was being overwhelmed, but he looked to me like someone that had something deeper that he wasn't showcasing.

Reset

Kale and Cabba can go. Caulifla can stay.
We don't need a knockoff nor a boring character who had one of the most embarrassing fight to watch.

Mory Dunz

Goku screwed up by not explaining his plan with Cell from the very start.

explaining it to....gohan? Vegeta? Piccolo? I'm not sure who he should've told.

If he told Gohan, Gohan probably wouldn't have even started fighting Cell period. Unless Cell started trying to kill everyone. Which brings it full circle anyhow.

Let's not act like Goku's plan was going to work, guys. It was evident through the fight that Gohan up to the task of defeating Cell... without Android 16 being a literal Deus Ex Machina, Gohan didn't stand a chance. I'd blame Goku ten times over for giving Cell a senzu before laying blame on Gohan.

eh, Gohan would've gone SSJ2 the way things were going with or without 16 imo. Once Yamcha or Krillin or whoever died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom