• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

uyPeLzj.png

Skeeter49

Ribranne should fight Kale

Will the U2 fans be okay if that happens? I don't think they can handle it.

The longer Goku fights her in base the more Ribrianne looks like a joke and inconsistent power wise since she was fighting SSJ Vegeta and 17.

The only way they could make her look weaker is to have Cabba fight her.

Yeah he has potential but,
Cabba has nothing unique going on him right now. He's barely shown so far.
I would've like if his moveset was based on kicks like they shown on the Champa opening arc.

As for Kale and Caulifla, I think they're alright from what we've seen so far.
Caulifla a prodigy who fights to have fun and get stronger, kinda like Goku.
Kale who fights for her love and master. :)
As long as we both hate Cabba, we're cool.

I agree with a lot of what you said. I just could see Cabba flip a switch one day if they choose to explore him, but let's accept reality, he's going to develop Vegeta as a character, and that's the only reason he exists. He's discount Tarble. Accept that, and you're in for a good ride. Expect him to become main character status, and you're going to need a lot of tissues after this arc.

HeroR

You bringing up Krillin was a good point, so I fell back to a pretty jokey post lol. I personally would have respected Krillin more for getting his ass beat, but I can't deny the logic in not wanting to jump off a bridge just because your friends are doing it! I respect Tien for trying, but all he really did was get the life chocked out of him.

I can understand that. While what Tien may have done may of been cool, I always like that Krillin was the one with common sense in that scene. Too bad the fandom marked him as a pussy since he wasn't bleeding on the ground next to his friends.

Let's not act like Goku's plan was going to work, guys. It was evident through the fight that Gohan up to the task of defeating Cell... without Android 16 being a literal Deus Ex Machina, Gohan didn't stand a chance. I'd blame Goku ten times over for giving Cell a senzu before laying blame on Gohan.

And if we're being real, Vegeta let Cell absorb an Android! He even aided him in the effort!

16 is not a literally Deus Ex Machina since one he isn't a god, which is what Deus Ex Machina means. God in a machine. And 2, 16 didn't come out of nowhere with no foreshadowing, so he isn't a Deus Ex Machina by the literal definition.

Also, Goku given Cell a Senzu had no long term effect since everything that happened would have happened even if Cell didn't have the Senzu. He would just have a handy excuse to why Super Saiyan 2 Gohan was kicking his ass, "I'm not at full power".

Let's not act like Goku's plan was going to work, guys. It was evident through the fight that Gohan up to the task of defeating Cell... without Android 16 being a literal Deus Ex Machina, Gohan didn't stand a chance. I'd blame Goku ten times over for giving Cell a senzu before laying blame on Gohan.

And if we're being real, Vegeta let Cell absorb an Android! He even aided him in the effort!

I often wonder if Goku himself could have won if he just used a senzu bean. Cell was pretty tired after being blasted apart.

Or if Gohan could have won as SSJ1 if Goku didn't give Cell a senzu.

HeroR

I often wonder if Goku himself could have won if he just used a senzu bean. Cell was pretty tired after being blasted apart.

Or if Gohan could have won as SSJ1 if Goku didn't give Cell a senzu.

Cell was hiding a lot of power. When he did went to his full against Super Saiyan 2 Gohan, all the Z-Fighters save for Gohan were shocked. Cell purposely scaled himself to Goku's level to have fun.

NeonZ

I can understand that. While what Tien may have done may of been cool, I always like that Krillin was the one with common sense in that scene. Too bad the fandom marked him as a pussy since he was bleeding on the ground next to his friends.

Is it really common sense though? He just stayed there paralyzed with fear. He didn't hide or run away. If the androids were evil, he'd have been killed right alongside everyone else.

HeroR

Is it really common sense though? He just stayed there paralyzed with fear. He didn't hide or run away. If the androids were evil, he'd have been killed right alongside everyone else.

Common sense along with a sense of self-perseveration. Him hiding would have been the most sense, although if they androids were truly evil they would have nuked the area and Krillin would never outright leave his friends to die, even if it was the most pragmatic solution.

In either case, Krillin's reaction comes off as smarter than Tien's blind charge against an android who broke Super Saiyan Vegeta's arm with eased. He didn't even prepare a technique or something, he just charged in. The same with Piccolo. Which is funny since Tien probably could have killed one of the androids his Tri-Beam Cannon stalled Semi-Perfect Cell. All he would need is a distraction.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I would buy XV2 on Switch if I could import my PS4 Pro profile but that's probably never gonna happen. That reminds me, I have to turn or charge my Switch, it's been months since I've played anything.

caliph95

Will the U2 fans be okay if that happens? I don't think they can handle it.

The longer Goku fights her in base the more Ribrianne looks like a joke and inconsistent power wise since she was fighting SSJ Vegeta and 17.

The only way they could make her look weaker is to have Cabba fight her.

THEY did state Goku isn't doing anything in Base but it's hard and she was pissed 17,though she is determined to beat Goku then she should be beating him without any energy attacks into the ground

It's kinda a show don't tell problem while she broke 17 barrier

They don't really show how strong she is well enough

yeah but you already know exactly what happens in one of them
Hey I still feel bad for anime only ppl lol. Toei literally tweeted
“How does it end”
And posted a damn pic of how it ends lol. People are probably mad confused why that’s even happening

Like I expect a db transformation to get spoiled don’t spoil the plot in your marketing tho

Anth0ny

remember when they kept ssb vegetto a secret until the next episode preview

that was fucking awesome. no idea how they pulled that one off.

Slaythe

Hey I still feel bad for anime only ppl lol. Toei literally tweeted
“How does it end”
And posted a damn pic of how it ends lol. People are probably mad confused why that’s even happening

Like I expect a db transformation to get spoiled don’t spoil the plot in your marketing tho

Nobody in japan watches anime without reading the manga. Everyone reads One Piece so why would they care ?

DBS is unique since it has no actual counterpart to check out the plot in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom