• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

I can't wait to see literally Superman vs. Goku

Not really sure if this is the right place but DBZA might not be making it to the Buu saga. Check KaiserNeko's tweets

This was always the case. They used DBZ abridged as a crutch to get people to support them on Patreon and hope that they will forget to cancel their Patreon sub. They never were going to do DBZA forever.

Skeeter49

He would after the transformation and would be the hypest thing

I would laugh if it still didn't injure him
We have an episode for each character left in the tournament, trying to fight Jiren. 30 or so episodes later and no one hurts him. Then there's only 2 people left. Shantsa and Jiren.

The real Tournament begins.

Toriyama is stupid for coming up with possibly the biggest asspull in the series with Cell coming back after exploding while somehow keeping his perfect form, and he can teleport because why not.
Umm, his dad can teach him, you know.
How many years has Goku had the opportunity to do this? I just don't see it happening. Gohan needs that Yardrat to hook him up!
So I thought of this for a bit one day (yes, I was bored) and the something hit me:
what if to be taught you have to have something done to you biologically by the Yardrats? They have to teach your body and then your mind on how to use it?

It would explain Goku not teaching anyone else.
It would explain Cell suddenly being able to after reforming (some of new Goku's cells are with the old).
It might even offhandedly explain why he has to put his fingers to his forehead
And it would explain why Black could do it even though he didn't personally get taught the thing. because it was easily possible for him to mimic the kamehameha from seeing it, but just putting your fingers to your forehead doesn't really let you just teleport.

I mean head canon, etc etc, but it would kind of make sense why literally nobody other than the three of them (and of course the Yardrats) can use it and why Goku never taught it to anybody (other than just accepting that Goku is a jerk).

I like expressive characters, which is one of the reasons Mikasa is the character I hate the most in AoT.
How far in did you watch? ;)

HeroR

I'm pretty sure I remember you not wanting to fully give Gohan the win vs Cell when all Goku added was a little pep-talk.
Golden Frieza should be Whis' win by those standards.

Gohan needed more than just a pep talk since he had given up and was going to let Cell destroy the solar system. Goku then coach Gohan through the entire battle to the point Goku’s image appeared behind Gohan.

Goku beat Golden Frieza by out lasting him. He then won again with outside interference after Frieza used his own outside interference.

Rutger

Banned
This was always the case. They used DBZ abridged as a crutch to get people to support them on Patreon and hope that they will forget to cancel their Patreon sub. They never were going to do DBZA forever.
They very clearly love what they do with DBZA. The series wouldn't have made it nearly as far as it has if they didn't.
Gohan needed more than just a pep talk since he had given up and was going to let Cell destroy the solar system. Goku then coach Gohan through the entire battle to the point Goku’s image appeared behind Gohan.

Goku beat Golden Frieza by out lasting him. He then won again with outside interference after Frieza used his own outside interference.

And yet he didn't kill Frieza right away when he had the chance allowing him to destroy the planet and wow this is sounding a like your complaints about giving Gohan the win vs. Cell.

caliph95

RIP Ribrianne.
giphy.gif

Espada

I absolutely in no way believe Jiren will get injured at ALL during this fight.

Animator also has a hard-on for Majin Vegeta clothes

Yup, it's been my long held belief that Goku will fail to take Jiren down despite using everything (even the new form), and what does him in is a tag team combo. Now who participates in that is up in there air, but I'm betting Gohan is one of them.

And yeah, RIP Ribrianne.

Skeeter49

Whatever happened to that one magical girl?

I hope she's been spending this whole time getting stronger, since the more punches she throws the stronger she gets.

HeroR

They very clearly love what they do with DBZA. The series wouldn't have made it nearly as far as it has if they didn't.

And yet he didn't kill Frieza right away when he had the chance allowing him to destroy the planet and wow this is sounding a like your complaints about giving Gohan the win vs. Cell.

Big different. Goku not killing Frieza didn’t lead to anyone dying. Gohan not killing Cell did, Goku and Trunks.

This isn’t about me “complaining about giving Gohan the win vs. Cell”. This is me stating what happened. Gohan for all his power bungled his fight with Cell and daddy had to help him twice. Gohan got the final blow, but that victory happened because of Goku who had to talk to Gohan from the grave.

Rutger

Banned
Big different. Goku not killing Frieza didn’t lead to anyone dying. Gohan not killing Cell did, Goku and Trunks.

This isn’t about me “complaining about giving Gohan the win vs. Cell”. This is me stating what happened. Gohan for all his power bungled his fight with Cell and daddy had to help him twice. Gohan got the final blow, but that victory happened because of Goku who had to talk to Gohan from the grave.

But...

Earth was destroyed...
People certainly died.

And yeah, Gohan messed up vs Cell, but I'm more willing to let it slide when it's an 11 year old kid who was forced into a situation he was not prepared for at all than the guy who already knows Frieza will go for a desperate attack when cornered. Context is very important, Gohan being so unprepared for the fight with Cell when that was Goku's whole plan puts a lot of the blame on Goku.

Daingurse

But...

Earth was destroyed...
People certainly died.

And yeah, Gohan messed up vs Cell, but I'm more willing to let it slide when it's an 11 year old kid who was forced into a situation he was not prepared for at all than the guy who already knows Frieza will go for a desperate attack when cornered. Context is very important, Gohan being so unprepared for the fight with Cell when that was Goku's whole plan puts a lot of the blame on Goku.

I would agree with this. Goku didn't prepare his son properly to fight Cell. Gohan didn't even think that he was going to have to fight Cell at all. Goku got Gohan's power up to the necessary level, and that was about it lol.

HardRojo

How far in did you watch? ;)

I'm up to date in the anime, finished Season 2 as it was airing. Mikasa is as one-dimensional as it gets, she's like a robot who only activates whenever the word Eren is involved, so other than that she has no personality, no social traits and no interesting features. There are ways to be the silent and badass type, she is in the boring and lazy side of that. I hope she dies soon, but her plot armor will prevent that from ever happening I guess.

what actually is going to happen is Jiren is going to kill off the rest of U7 but be overly tired afterwards and lose

thus making U6 the prime universe that wins the tournament, allowing Super to continue under the lens of U6 and its people

HeroR

But...

Earth was destroyed...
People certainly died.

Earth being destroyed happened on Vegeta’s watch since he took too long to kill Frieza.

Gohan was prepared for three years to fight the androids and another year to fight Cell. It isn’t like Gohan had no mental experience in fighting unlike the Saiyan Saga.

Goku’s plan was questionable, but there is no excusing Gohan after he went Super Saiyan 2. With all he has been through the ‘11 year old kid‘ line doesn’t fly.

I'm also expecting Goku to lose. It's the "terrible thing happens" mention.

So how does that relate to, “work of the gods end here”?

I would agree with this. Goku didn't prepare his son properly to fight Cell. Gohan didn't even think that he was going to have to fight Cell at all. Goku got Gohan's power up to the necessary level, and that was about it lol.

Which is odd since Goku said he was going to make Gohan stronger than him and Gohan trained for that year to fight Cell.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
but I'm more willing to let it slide when it's an 11 year old kid who was forced into a situation he was not prepared for at all than the guy who already knows Frieza will go for a desperate attack when cornered. Context is very important, Gohan being so unprepared for the fight with Cell when that was Goku's whole plan puts a lot of the blame on Goku.

Why was he training for an entire year? Why did he show up to the Cell Games? To sit there and do nothing? If things got shitty was he just going to run?

Rutger

Banned
Earth being destroyed happened on Vegeta’s watch since he took too long to kill Frieza.

Gohan was prepared for three years to fight the androids and another year to fight Cell. It isn’t like Gohan had no mental experience in fighting unlike the Saiyan Saga.

Goku’s plan was questionable, but there is no excusing Gohan after he went Super Saiyan 2. With all he has been through the ‘11 year old kid‘ line doesn’t fly.

Yeah, the 11 year old kid thing does fly, moreso than any excuse Goku has for playing along with Vegeta and letting Buu get revived which ultimately killed more people than anything Cell did.

Why was he training for an entire year? Why did he show up to the Cell Games? To sit there and do nothing? If things got shitty was he just going to run?

No, I doubt he went there thinking there was no chance for a fight. However he thinks his father is the strongest person, so for him to see Goku lose and suddenly be told that everything rides on him is a massive amount of pressure. Not something a kid is going to easily be able to cope with, it's understandable that he ends up making the mistakes he does.

HeroR

This is I how feel.

“ He wasn’t prepared!”

So why would Goku train him for a year and vow to make him stronger than him only for Gohan to sit on his ass?

Yeah, the 11 year old kid thing does fly, moreso than any excuse Goku has for playing along with Vegeta and letting Buu get revived which ultimately killed more people than anything Cell did.

No, I doubt he went there thinking there was no chance for a fight. However he thinks his father is the strongest person, so for him to see Goku lose and suddenly be told that everything rides on him is a massive amount of pressure. Not something a kid is going to easily be able to cope with, it's understandable that he ends up making the mistakes he does.

After the horrors Gohan have seen since he was four, no 11 years doesn’t fly. Goku’s mistake in the Buu Saga doesn’t whitewash Gohan’s fuck up. Not to mention Gohan made the exact same mistake again after he got his Ulimate form.

Gohan, quite bluntly, was an idiot. Goku outright said he was going to make him stronger than him. I guess he just forgot.

But you’re right. Goku did make a mistake. He made the mistake of trusting Gohan with anything.

Daingurse

He thought his dad had it in the bag. It's pretty simple. I don't think Gohan ever could have imagined what Goku was going to end up doing. Gohan probably thought the Earth was doomed if his dad couldn't defeat Cell. He even had a hard time accepting that he was stronger than his father. Goku really should have just explained his plan. What he did honestly makes no sense in retrospect.

Rutger

Banned
After the horrors Gohan have seen since he was four, no 11 years doesn’t fly. Goku’s mistake in the Buu Saga doesn’t whitewash Gohan’s fuck up. Not to mention Gohan made the exact same mistake again after he got his Ulimate form.

Gohan, quite bluntly, was an idiot. Goku outright said he was going to make him stronger than him. I guess he just forgot.

But you’re right. Goku did make a mistake. He made the mistake of trusting Gohan with anything.

Seeing many horrors does not mean things will get easier. Add in all the times Gohan needed help or to be saved in those situations and it would be stranger if he was full of confidence when he stepped up to fight Cell.

We'll see if the predictable scenario happens or not. To me the predictable way to go would be SSB Kaioken fails and Goku gets temporarily defeated but before he can be eliminated,
Hit jumps in
once that person is defeated by Jiren, Goku will be recovered enough to stand up and get triggered for his new form. His new form then allows him to ultimately defeat Jiren.

HeroR

Seeing many horrors does not mean things will get easier. Add in all the times Gohan needed help or to be saved in those situations and it would be stranger if he was full of confidence when he stepped up to fight Cell.

It does in Dragon Ball. Why do you think no one has PTSD at this point.

Again, he train for a year with his father who vowed to make him stronger. Why wouldn’t Gohan think he may have to fight Cell? What would even be the point of Goku training him?

Goku didn't realize just how much Gohan revered him. Goku is the strongest person ever in Gohan's mind, it straight up it does not connect in his head that he could ever he do something that his dad couldn't, all his other past battles was him barely surviving while waiting for dad to come save the day, that's his mindset. Him going into the time chamber was just to support his dad in his head.

Rutger

Banned
It does in Dragon Ball. Why do you think no one has PTSD at this point.

Wow, way to ignore Krillin.

Goku didn't realize just how much Gohan revered him. Goku is the strongest person ever in Gohan's mind, it straight up it does not connect in his head that he could ever he do something that his dad couldn't, all his other past battles was him barely surviving while waiting for dad to come save the day, that's his mindset. Him going into the time chamber was just to support his dad in his head.

Pretty much. Gohan respected his father too much to believe it was possible to surpass him, even if Goku himself said it.
Meanwhile Goku just expected Gohan to be exactly like himself as a kid, not stopping to realize Gohan is his own person that doesn't care too much for fighting.

I mean gohan was there like everyone else the back up plan In case goku failed. Gohan has no idea he was “THE” actual main plan. He’s a scrub and he gotta learn his lesson once every saga but aye I don’t think he was in the wrong in that scenario

HeroR

Wow, way to ignore Krillin.

Pretty much. Gohan respected his father too much to believe it was possible to surpass him, even if Goku himself said it.
Meanwhile Goku just expected Gohan to be exactly like himself as a kid, not stopping to realize Gohan is his own person that doesn't care too much for fighting.

Krillin is a special case.

Again, Gohan went through intense training for a year and he honestly thought he would do nothing but watch? In that case, Goku wouldn’t have bothered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom