• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daingurse

Krillin is a special case.

Again, Gohan went through intense training for a year and he honestly thought he would do nothing but watch? In that case, Goku wouldn't have bothered

Gohan saw himself as Goku's sparring partner more than anything else. Goku failed horribly at understanding his own son. Like Rutger said above, Goku assumed that Gohan was just like him and loved the challenge of a good fight, when this is obviously not the case. Goku should of communicated what he was trying to do, instead of making false assumptions. Gohan ain't a mind reader. Goku should have just told him the plan, and spent the whole year prepping his son to be the one to face Cell.

and also, it wasn't just Goku there, but Vegeta, Trunks, and Poppa Piccolo on the roster as well. Gohan thinks he's a fucking useless wimp compared to them, yeah he thought he would end up just standing there for minor support while Goku wins and the others do the heavy lifting. Gohan did not have confidence and had no idea how strong he was, Goku built up Gohan's strength but not his mind.

Rutger

Banned
Krillin is a special case.

Again, Gohan went through intense training for a year and he honestly thought he would do nothing but watch? In that case, Goku wouldn’t have bothered

Why though, when it makes perfect sense for Gohan to not be confident in himself, why is Krillin a special case.

As for the training, Gohan likely thought he was prepared to help in some way in the fight, but when he had to fight and the way Goku went about handing the fight over to him, the pressure got to him. This really isn't strange at all.

Piccolo even has to spell out to Goku that he never tried to understand his own son, that makes it very clear that we should see Goku's mistakes as a father leading to Gohan's troubles in that fight.

Baleoce

Considering his latent potential, Gohan is the one that should be going off training with Gods of Destruction / Angels. Let's be real. Why he's "Hey, Gokus kid..." or "Wow, you must be strong for catching that baseball" I have no idea.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Considering his latent potential, Gohan is the one that should be going off training with Gods of Destruction / Angels. Let's be real. Why he's "Hey, Gokus kid..." or "Wow, you must be strong for catching that baseball" I have no idea.

Does he really need to given how much he caught up to Goku in Super without them?

Rutger

Banned

Honestly, I kind of like the idea that the guy with the most potential doesn't care that much about fighting and only likes to stay strong in order to help those he cares about.

It's just a shame the reused the "he's out of practice" thing so heavily and poorly.

Magwik

Banned
Honestly, I kind of like the idea that the guy with the most potential doesn't care that much about fighting and only likes to stay strong in order to help those he cares about.

It's just a shame the reused the "he's out of practice" thing so heavily and poorly.
We are done with that at least

Skeeter49

The real question we should be asking about the special.

Can we time the death of this OT to the same day the special airs? For maximum hype.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
take that and imagine how strong he gets if goes the same Whis training Gok and Geets did/does, he'll be running laps around them.

That's probably why they won't do it.

I'd rather see him train with Goku again in the future though. The stuff in the time room is still some of my favorite.

Baleoce

That's probably why they won't do it.

I'd rather see him train with Goku again in the future though. The stuff in the time room is still some of my favorite.

It was great. Gohan dealing with a full force Kamehameha from his dad as a way of forcing SSJ1. And the way he got him to control it, and surprise Vegeta with the way they were completely comfortable with the form like it was putting on a pair of comfy slippers or something.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
It was great. Gohan dealing with a full force Kamehameha from his dad as a way of forcing SSJ1. And the way he got him to control it, and surprise Vegeta with the way they were completely comfortable with the form like it was putting on a pair of comfy slippers or something.

Now I feel like watching those scenes again.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
take that and imagine how strong he gets if goes the same Whis training Gok and Geets did/does, he'll be running laps around them.

That's why Gohan keeps regressing as a character, if they had him get serious he'd be the strongest member of the cast without a doubt. If they want Goku to be the main character they have to keep Gohan in limbo.

bchejfchgooz.png
https://www.reddit.com/r/dbz/comments/732kia/bulma_as_a_turtle_school_student_by_salvamakoto/

brinstar

Wasn't supposed to be at least at first be because he's half Saiyan

Though that could just be a theory from vegetables

yeah that was the original reason, but it's just weird how Trunks and Goten are never hyped up in quite the same way (though they were far stronger than Gohan was at that age)

HeroR

Gohan saw himself as Goku's sparring partner more than anything else. Goku failed horribly at understanding his own son. Like Rutger said above, Goku assumed that Gohan was just like him and loved the challenge of a good fight, when this is obviously not the case. Goku should of communicated what he was trying to do, instead of making false assumptions. Gohan ain't a mind reader. Goku should have just told him the plan, and spent the whole year prepping his son to be the one to face Cell.

He did. He said he was going to make Gohan stronger than him, which isn’t just a sparring partner.

Why though, when it makes perfect sense for Gohan to not be confident in himself, why is Krillin a special case.

As for the training, Gohan likely thought he was prepared to help in some way in the fight, but when he had to fight and the way Goku went about handing the fight over to him, the pressure got to him. This really isn't strange at all.

Piccolo even has to spell out to Goku that he never tried to understand his own son, that makes it very clear that we should see Goku's mistakes as a father leading to Gohan's troubles in that fight.

Because Krillin is the only one who showed any sign of long-term trauma.

So, Gohan was expecting to mug Cell despite none of the Z-Fighter doing it except on special exceptions?

As I said, Goku did make a mistake. His mistake was depending on Gohan.

Daingurse

He did. He said he was going to make Gohan stronger than him, which isn't just a sparring partner.

Was that dialogue anime only, or was that in the manga as well? Either way, Gohan did not see himself as anything more than training partner for Goku. He probably didn't even believe Goku when he said that he would be stronger, which is funny since we all know that's exactly what occurred.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Goku will lose but still win somehow.

And what the world really needs is a Frieza/Goku tag team. NOT a Gohan/Goku one.

HeroR

Was that dialogue anime only, or was that in the manga as well? Either way, Gohan did not see himself as anything more than training partner for Goku. He probably didn't even believe Goku when he said that he would be stronger, which is funny since we all know that's exactly what occurred.

It was in the manga.

HeroR

Human/Saiyan hybrid. Also plot armor.

He had a prominent role throughout most of the series, I don't see what's so hard to figure out about that. He's also the main character's son and was the main character for a time.

This doesn’t quite explain it, otherwise Baruto would be more popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom