• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laiza

Yamauro is by far the best. Karasawa and Ide are pretty damn good too. I HATE Tate's style. Fire him please.
I hope that's sarcasm, because Tate has contributed to some of the best cuts of animation in the entire series. Here's one such example.

He's not strong in stills, but there's still pretty much no one in the staff that can describe momentum quite as well as he can.

Anth0ny

I always assume things that don't make sense like this always go back to money.

They probably had a meeting and the suits told them not to create a new form then retire it. Always bring it back periodically to remind the stupid kids it exists so they keep buying toys and cards and video game dlc.

Namikaze

I always thought that
SSG was like SSJ1 and SSB was basically SSJ2 or something.
it'll be interesting to hear the explanation for this, it's probably gonna be stupid...

Xandalan

Neo Member
Super :D long time neogaf lurker but this dragon ball thread gives me life and I have to start commenting. As my first post I have to say how excited I am about 17 and what moral choices Gohan will have to deal with next episode. I hope to join in future discussions.

They haven't even explained Blue, a form that's been used way more than God. At this point, i'm just in this to see what sort of nonsense they pull with 104 onward, maybe they'll toss in Super Saiyan 4 as "Pure Saiyan" or something just because they can.

FTFY
Geets already called Kale the "true saiyan form" we're good with that.

I don't understand why people would melt down...? Then again I don't get why you guys complain about 90% of the shit you complain about so what do I know. All that pic made me is hyped. Shit will get real soon.

I always thought SSB was SSJ with a mix of some god energy whereas SSG is the real deal.

Skeeter49

*NEW thing :p

Though he has yet to really show his limits with the Ultimate form.

I mean, my understanding of Ultimate is Gohan intends it to be a powerup that will scale to other people's levels, or intentionally beyond that.

Maybe he will get a new form, but I doubt that.

Super :D long time neogaf lurker but this dragon ball thread gives me life and I have to start commenting. As my first post I have to say how excited I am about 17 and what moral choices Gohan will have to deal with next episode. I hope to join in future discussions.

giphy.gif

Namikaze

He already does. Ultimate Gohan.

I wonder if that will be it for him, though? The god forms seem to (obviously) be a step above what could be accomplished by Gohan's unlocked power. Since he took part in the God ritual, maybe he could develop his own form?

That said, he's mostly happy being a family man now, so I wouldn't be mad if he doesn't go any further than his ultimate form. He's still be like the third strongest fighter in his universe.

Xandalan

Neo Member
I am sure this has been already talked about but based on the ending credits and the leaked Goku still shot is it wrong to think about a Goku Gohan fusion. Could the Ultimate Gohan form allow the limited time nerf to not be a thing?

Ashodin

What I'm floating for this weekend:

Dragon Ball Super |OT8|
Gowasu Something Else.
Dragon Ball Super |OT8|
Battle of Gods 2: Electric Hitaloo
Dragon Ball Super |OT8|
God dammit, Goku
Dragon Ball Super |OT8|
Super Saiyan God was a mistake.
Dragon Ball Super |OT8|
10 Reasons Why I'm Quitting Godtube
Dragon Ball Super |OT8|
Do It For Her, Gohan
Dragon Ball Super |OT8|
Once Erased, Twice Removed

Some of them are more subtle than others

RocknRola

I mean, my understanding of Ultimate is Gohan intends it to be a powerup that will scale to other people's levels, or intentionally beyond that.

Maybe he will get a new form, but I doubt that.

Maybe, not sure. I assume that like every other form shown so far in Z and Super, he'll hit a barrier at some point with it and thus need something new/different again.

Skeeter49

I am sure this has been already talked about but based on the ending credits and the leaked Goku still shot is it wrong to think about a Goku Gohan fusion. Could the Ultimate Gohan form allow the limited time nerf to not be a thing?

This is something I've kind of wonder, and it would make sense why they teased the Elder Kai potential unlocked for Goku back in 91.

What I think it implies more is a big team up with Goku and Gohan, but a fusion would be neat.

My only issue, is Gohan doesn't know the fusion dance, so that'll be a plot hole. Not the first time though with GT and Fusion Reborn.

Maybe, not sure. I assume that like every other form shown so far in Z and Super, he'll hit a barrier at some point with it and thus need something new/different again.

All we need is for the bang to get bigger the stronger he gets.
Please don't do that Toei :(

New guy in town, everybody look presentable!
So would this be a good or bad time to quote the Roshi image?
Joking Kagari

Wait a second
Goku
Vegeta
Gohan
Cabba
Califu
Kale

There's enough saiyans for the the ritual, so it may not even be something he has formally
That'd would exhaust the saiyans on his team, which would be bad,
and exhaust the saiyans in U6, which would be good.

-Goku masters Super Saiyan Blue,
seemingly abandoning his god form.
-Goku turns god form just for the heck of it.
-Goku ultimately reveals that his god form is stronger than Blue, but just likes to use Blue, because otherwise "it'd be too easy."

That's Gold Jerry!

Gold!

I'm actually not too bothered by these turn of events.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

You are a pure soul.

LotusHD

Banned

New guy in town, everybody look presentable!

Magwik

Banned
Wait a second
Goku
Vegeta
Gohan
Cabba
Califu
Kale

There's enough saiyans for the the ritual, so it may not even be something he has formally

RocknRola

Wait a second
Goku
Vegeta
Gohan
Cabba
Califu
Kale

Somehow that would be even sillier in a tournament to save your own Universe.

So yeah it'll be EXACTLY what happens, for sure haha

Xandalan

Neo Member
This warm welcome is great thank you! I swear I have always lurked on forums neogaf 2 years and rarely commented but Dragon Ball has shaped my life so I have to contribute. Full Disclaimer... character before power levels...humble Vegeta above all... Piccolo needs a power up.

it's good to have you here
b03425e5d0dd5263444ea306e9dfef955545f8e4_hq.jpg

I feel bad for people who casually read the thread and just see spoilers and open spoilers everywhere
yeah this needs to be fixed lol

CazTGG

Wait a second
Goku
Vegeta
Gohan
Cabba
Califu
Kale

I made that observation earlier and the inherent problems if they decide to go that route with SSG's ritual, not the least of which being that there's no guarantee that they won't be attacked during the ritual.

Let's see, there's:
-Goku (U7)
-Vegeta (U7)
-Gohan (U7)
-Caulifla (U6)
-Kale (U6)
-Cabba (U6)

So
Super Saiyan Hair Dye God
is possibly but
that relies on i) all the Saiyans to not be eliminated ii) all of them willing to perform the ceremony since it's a battle royale, let alone one where they'll all be erased if they lose iii) all of them willing to have Goku be the one to go God iv)
that U7's Saiyans will work with the ceremony since they seem to operate slightly differently than U6's i.e. the spine thing and v) that Super Saiyan God is somehow stronger than Blue despite everything up to now suggesting that Super Saiyan Blue is stronger than God minus the regeneration properties.
It's a lot of assumptions that one has to make for this to be true that weren't present in
Battle of the Gods

Skeeter49

I made that observation earlier and the inherent problems if they decide to go that route with
SSG's ritual,
not the least of which being that there's no guarantee that they won't be attacked during the ritual.

Let's see, there's:
-Goku (U7)
-Vegeta (U7)
-Gohan (U7)
-Caulifla (U6)
-Kale (U6)
-Cabba (U6)

So
Super Saiyan Hair Dye God
is possibly but
that relies on i) all the Saiyans to not be eliminated ii) all of them willing to perform the ceremony since it's a battle royale, let alone one where they'll all be erased if they lose iii) all of them willing to have Goku be the one to go God iv)
that U7's Saiyans will work with the ceremony since they seem to operate slightly differently than U6's i.e. the spine thing and v) that Super Saiyan God is somehow stronger than Blue despite everything up to now suggesting that Super Saiyan Blue is stronger than God minus the regeneration properties.
It's a lot of assumptions that one has to make for this to be true that weren't present in
Battle of the Gods

We also don't know if
Ultimate Gohan and LSSJ Kale would work in the ritual.

Gohan had ultimate in BoG
In the arc I thought he went SSJ during the ritual. Could be wrong.

Slaythe

The new guys have all been cool so far.

Welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom