• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Do you remember Goku absorbing Beerus' thing at the end? Beerus asked Goku what he did and even Goku didn't understand what happened. But it seemed similar to the Opening Animation.

Thinking that is the next level

Eylos

Banned
Another great 18 art
vqutdfwd6zez.jpg

Artist: Magion 02

She looks like Natalie Dormer in this one

Slaythe

I just don't understand
Why in the flying nimbus would U6 help U7 with the ritual if it does happen like this it's Garbo

It doesn't happen.

This is another instance of Toriyama and Toyotaro fucking over Toei's retelling of BoG.

In the movie he did it. He can do it now. They don't give a flying fuck about consistency. Think of it as Trunks and Mai / pilaf gang part 2.

Skeeter49

I just don't understand
Why in the flying nimbus would U6 help U7 with the ritual if it does happen like this it's Garbo

I really doubt
they'd do the ritual. It's just going to be Goku figuring out a way to tap into it when he comes to the realization that it makes him faster, so he can keep up with Dyspo.
Whis will state this.
Beerus, Vegeta, and Caulifla will get mad at him.
Kale will smile because Caulifla is mad at him.
Gohan will still be proud he avenged Future Trunks.

I just don't understand
I don't think it's gonna happen like that at all, but hell if I know. It's probably gonna be that Goku always could activate this form whenever since the first time when they did the ritual.

It doesn't happen.

This is another instance of Toriyama and Toyotaro fucking over Toei's retelling of BoG.

In the movie he did it. He can do it now. They don't give a flying fuck about consistency. Think of it as Trunks and Mai / pilaf gang part 2.
Why is it so hard for these ppl to be consistent

HeroR

Why is it so hard for these ppl to be consistent

It's odd that you're saying they're not consistent when the episode didn't even aired yet.

If anything, Slaythe should have learned to wait before making such statements after their meltdown about Cali getting Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan and how Goku was an asshole for never teaching Gohan it (despite the fact Gohan never even asked), only for Goku to say in one line that she wasn't ready for it.

It's odd that you're saying they're not consistent when the episode didn't even aired yet.

If anything, Slaythe should have learned to wait before making such statements after their meltdown about Cali getting Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan and how Goku was an asshole for never teaching Gohan it (despite the fact Gohan never even asked), only for Goku to say in one line that she wasn't ready for it.
I don't need the episode to air to say they aren't consistent there's other evidence for that

HeroR

I don't need the episode to air to say they aren't consistent there's other evidence for that

Again, assumption about something you haven't even seen yet.

They haven't even explained Blue, a form that's been used way more than God. At this point, i'm just in this to see what sort of nonsense they pull with 104 onward, maybe they'll toss in Super Saiyan 4 as "Pure Saiyan" or something just because they can.

FTFY

They did explain the Blue form. It's a form beyond Super Saiyan God by mixing Super Saiyan with it. It also has better ki control than any other Super Saiyan form since it was created by not leaking ki. Honestly, it has more explanation than Super Saiyan 3 or even the original Super Saiyan.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Wasn't he just called "Chou Gohan" when in that state? Wouldn't it translate better as "Super Gohan"?

The official term used in merchandise is アルティメット孫悟飯 or Ultimate Son Gohan. In the show itself (previous episode titles, Gohan's description of the form in episode 90) they use the word 究極 which means ultimate.

I agree.

Give the episode a chance to provide context before calling it out for not making sense. I don't know how you guys haven't learned form this kind of thing in the past. This cycle is ceaseless.

Or maybe while Goku (and Vegeta?) absorbed the Super Saiyan God Ki, it doesn't mean that they're SSJGod level while in base form, just above SSJ3.

After "absorbing" SSJG Goku needed SSJ to keep fighting Beerus, so he wasn't really exactly as strong as he was when he was a Saiyan God and his new base is around 50 times weaker than SSJGod, unless SSJ isn't a multiplier any more (or at least not for the God Ki part).

Either way, I like how Goku and Vegeta look in that form, I hope it comes back, and if they need a small retcon, so be it.

Slaythe

I'm confused, clearly you can read, so how can you manage to ignore that what I complained the most about, was Goku helping her out, making her stronger and not taking down other universes' fighters instead ? Which, you know, happened.

Pretty sure I used "if" while talking about the SSB part, and as a matter of fact, I have the right to complain about potential plot advancements based off spoilers, and giving my two cents on what I think of it if it does happen. (if, key word, once again)

And ironically the throwaway line about SSJ3 made the complain about SSB still stand but whatever.

This time we actually have a picture, so it's not like we can be mistaken about this is.

I agree.

Give the episode a chance to provide context before calling it out for not making sense. I don't know how you guys haven't learned form this kind of thing in the past. This cycle is ceaseless.

I'd like to hear what "context" could potentially improve about this.

HeroR

Or maybe while Goku (and Vegeta?) absorbed the Super Saiyan God Ki, it doesn't mean that they're SSJGod level while in base form, just above SSJ3.

After "absorbing" SSJG Goku needed SSJ to keep fighting Beerus, so he wasn't really exactly as strong as he was when he was a Saiyan God and his new base is around 50 times weaker than SSJGod, unless SSJ isn't a multiplier any more (or at least not for the God Ki part).

Either way, I like how Goku and Vegeta look in that form, I hope it comes back, and if they need a small retcon, so be it.

They're base forms are above Super Saiyan God since it was stated by such by Beerus in both the retelling of Battle of Gods and the movie. They're way above Super Saiyan 3 from the Buu Saga since Goku in base form took hits from Beerus. In the movie, Goku went all the way to his base form from Super Saiyan God and didn't even noticed and even landed a blow that clearly hurt Beerus.

Vegeta never took in Super Saiyan God since he never got the form outside of the Super manga. Only Goku absorbed Super Saiyan God, while Vegeta trained for it.

Plz tell me the consistency in bringing back this form now of all times

Anything I say would be a guess because I haven't seen the episode, just like you. Why don't you actually wait before complaining about something being 'inconsistent'.

I'm not happy about Super Saiyan God returning either, but I will wait for the episode before I make a final judgement on it and how it is used in the story.

I really doubt
they'd do the ritual. It's just going to be Goku figuring out a way to tap into it when he comes to the realization that it makes him faster, so he can keep up with Dyspo.
Whis will state this.
Beerus, Vegeta, and Caulifla will get mad at him.
Kale will smile because Caulifla is mad at him.
Gohan will still be proud he avenged Future Trunks.
where are you getting that SSG is faster than Blue? What Vegeta did in the manga was just quickly switch into blue just before attacking/dodging to give him explosive speed and power, god itself is all around weaker than Blue.

Skeeter49

Plz tell me the consistency in bringing back this form now of all times

In the manga it makes Goku faster I believe, I might be wrong on that. Either way I could see them making that the reason, whether it is or isn't.
Goku is fighting an opponent who is all about speed. That's Dyspo's thing, and we know he's fighting Dyspo.
That would be the logic of using that over Blue. They just need to state that in the episode.

where are you getting that SSG is faster than Blue? What Vegeta did in the manga was just quickly switch into blue just before attacking/dodging to give him explosive speed and power, god itself is all around weaker than Blue.
I'm mainly guessing/ going off what I thought
was in the manga
But it would make the most sense on why it'd be used.

Cool but here's my problem here. It was never implied,hinted, teased this form was still a thing. Never trained in it, used it ever again, the manga was always different from the anime etc..consistency. On top of that if they were gonna do the whole speed thing that probably would've been a good time to introduce the form back(like the manga) when he was fighting hit...consistency
Babysteps. I just want it to make sense in the context of the episode more than anything. If it doesn't do that, then it's a fuck up all around. A self contained fuck up is better than a fuck up in general.
If they were to say Goku tapped into it post Future Trunks arc, they probably won't, it'd be neat if they tied it into his fight with Hit in 71/72.

In the manga it makes Goku faster I believe.
Goku is fighting an opponent who is all about speed. That's Dyspo's thing, and we know he's fighting Dyspo.
That would be the logic of using that over Blue. They just need to state that in the episode.
Cool but here's my problem here. It was never implied,hinted, teased this form was still a thing. Never trained in it, used it ever again, the manga was always different from the anime etc..consistency. On top of that if they were gonna do the whole speed thing that probably would've been a good time to introduce the form back(like the manga) when he was fighting hit...consistency

Slaythe

Knowing Goku he'll probably give a lengthy explanation why he
went SSG.

While conveniently not mentioning why he never used it before or worse, OR give us a throw away line like "I learned how to use it now !" conveniently, even though he never ever mentioned it before.

"b-but Kaioken !!" he had 3 years off screen. I can believe that.

We have seen this asshole every step of the way in this arc so I'm not buying that sort of excuse in this situation.

HeroR

I'm confused, clearly you can read, so how can you manage to ignore that what I complained the most about, was Goku helping her out, making her stronger and not taking down other universes' fighters instead ? Which, you know, happened.

Pretty sure I used "if" while talking about the SSB part, and as a matter of fact, I have the right to complain about potential plot advancements based off spoilers, and giving my two cents on what I think of it if it does happen. (if, key word, once again)

And ironically the throwaway line about SSJ3 made the complain about SSB still stand but whatever.

This time we actually have a picture, so it's not like we can be mistaken about this is.

I'd like to hear what "context" could potentially improve about this.

I remember your complaint too well. Your complaints was how 'easy' Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan can be learned since Goku can do it in minutes for Cali and how Goku was an ass for not teaching Gohan how to go Blue (despite again Gohan never asking). When people pointed out to you that the summery never said Cali got Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan, only asked to be taught it, you went off about how Goku will do this and that. When the episode actually aired, Goku brushed off her wanting Blue as her not being ready for it and it's never brought up again. So your complaints turned out to be a none issue. The only thing Goku showed her was Super Saiyan 2, something that she could already do. He never even actually taught her the form.

Complaining about something that might happened, especially with the way you go off the handle, makes you look foolish and reactionary. Especially how you gave paragraphs about how Cali was going to get Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan and how those paragraphs looks hilarious in hindsight when the whole thing ended in one sentence from Goku.

And Goku's line about Super Saiyan 3 also showed that you were wrong about Super Saiyan 3 being a form that can't be gained normally, something I pointed out, since Goku said that Cali can get Super Saiyan 3 and said nothing about extra conditions.

We have the picture for Super Saiyan God, but your complaints is that, 'it doesn't make sense and isn't constant'. Yet, you haven't even seen the episode to proper judged if it isn't consistence with the retelling or why Goku is suddenly using the form after all this time. Just more reactionary statements.

While conveniently not mentioning why he never used it before or worse, OR give us a throw away line like "I learned how to use it now !" conveniently, even though he never ever mentioned it before.

"b-but Kaioken !!" he had 3 years off screen. I can believe that.

We have seen this asshole every step of the way in this arc so I'm not buying that sort of excuse in this situation.

Actually, we haven't seen Goku every step of the way since there was a time-skip between Episode 74 (at least) and Episode 77 since Bulma wasn't showing in those episodes. And how is Goku an asshole for not using a
lesser Super Saiyan form?
It's literally the opposite of your complaints since you want Goku to be serious and used his full power instead of sandbagging against fodder. Seriously, Slaythe, take the drama down a hundred.

Do we need to learn about consistency here..

It's like if deku spent all that time using 5% and than all of a sudden he busts out 25% and gives an explanation.. sure he gave an explanation but it's not consistent at all

Magwik

Banned
This is where I'm at. It's more a matter of
90 episodes without ever making mention of it again is my issue.

Wanting consistency isn't crazy.
this is not really inconsistent with anything though, he is just using a form we haven't seen in a while. It was never explicitly said he couldn't access the form again, and as per the strength thing Goku uses weaker transformations all the time.

HeroR

Do we need to learn about consistency here..

It's like if deku spent all that time using 5% and than all of a sudden he busts out 25% and gives an explanation.. sure he gave an explanation but it's not consistent at all

Consistency is based on explanation. If the show gives an explanation about why Goku can and is using Super Saiyan God that doesn't goes against what happened in the retelling, then it isn't 'inconsistent'.

Your explanation is consistent with Goku's character so I am not sure what point you're tying to make.

this is not really inconsistent with anything though, he is just using a form we haven't seen in a while. It was never explicitly said he couldn't access the form again, and as per the strength thing Goku uses weaker transformations all the time.
You can see why ppl would call this inconsistent now right

Why didn't he use it when testing trunks strength,or krillin or gohan or training with vegeta or fighting hit(twice) or frieza

The meltdowns over the spoilers have been pretty amazing and amusing. Keep on with the comments guys.

What I'm most excited for personally is that,
SSG Goku in Dokkan battle will finally get a new card and hopefully get dokkans for the old cards. God did the AGL and STR need one badly.

Skeeter49

Can we all just agree Zeno erasing Goku
in 104
would be the best thing for Super?

I think in the manga Goku says he had to push past his limits while dead to obtain SSJ3, so it's in the manga you have to be dead, but Goku's an idiot and Gotenks contradicts that, and I only see the line as Goku trying to encourage Caulifla over him genuinely thinking she can get SSJ3.

Back to spoilers, this doesn't seem any different than Z when
Goku had SSJ3 the whole time when he was fighting Vegeta and he didn't use it. Yeah Toriyama didn't think of it when he was writing all of that, but it's still a retcon and inconsistent, because if Goku one shotted Vegeta in SSJ3, Buu would never have been revived. How is SSG being given to Goku really any different. It's stupid, but not something DB's never done before.

No?

It would be inconsistent if they suddenly said red is stronger than blue. I fail to see how busting out an old transformation is inconsistent in and of itself.

Is it bad writing? Maybe, but I don't think it's inconsistent with anything the show has told us as of yet.

HeroR

Why didn't he use it when testing trunks strength,or krillin or gohan or training with vegeta or fighting hit(twice) or frieza

With Trunks, he couldn't sense god ki at the time, so it was pointless to used Super Saiyan God against him. The reason why Goku sparred with him was not to test Trunks in the first place. It was to see how his strength compared to Black, which would be rendered pointless if Trunks couldn't sense his power at all.

Krillin was meant to be overkill, so he used his strongest form.

Gohan, Goku was handling him with just Super Saiyan 2. He didn't even bother with Super Saiyan 3, so why would he used Super Saiyan God, especially after Gohan started telling Goku to used his full power. So him going Super Saiyan God would make no sense.

Why would he used Super Saiyan God with Vegeta when most of their training was them fighting in their base forms? They don't even spar as Super Saiyans.

He tested Hit in his base form because he didn't want to used any stamina at all, which is why he didn't even go into a basic Super Saiyan. Once he figured out the Time-Skip, he went all out. The same with Hit during his rematch since Hit was trying to kill him, unlike at the tournament where Hit couldn't really go all out.

Frieza was evenly matched with Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku, so Frieza would have outright killed him as a Super Saiyan God, so why would he used that form? In Resurrection 'F', Frieza was stronger than Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan, so using Super Saiyan God there would have been even dumber.

Really, all your examples are doesn't work with 'why Goku never used Super Saiyan God'.

Can we all just agree Zeno erasing Goku
in 104
would be the best thing for Super?

I think in the manga Goku says he had to push past his limits while dead to obtain SSJ3, so it's in the manga you have to be dead, but Goku's an idiot and Gotenks contradicts that, and I only see the line as Goku trying to encourage Caulifla over him genuinely thinking she can get SSJ3.

Back to spoilers, this doesn't seem any different than Z when
Goku had SSJ3 the whole time when he was fighting Vegeta and he didn't use it. Yeah Toriyama didn't think of it when he was writing all of that, but it's still a retcon and inconsistent, because if Goku one shotted Vegeta in SSJ3, Buu would never have been revived. How is SSG being given to Goku really any different. It's stupid, but not something DB's never done before.

Goku never said you needed to be dead to get Super Saiyan 3. Goku even showed Trunks Super Saiyan 3 and implied that he could get that form too, so it makes no sense for Goku to say the exact same thing to Cali just to 'encourage' her. That also isn't Goku's style since if she couldn't get it at all, he would have just said work on Super Saiyan 2 and you might get Blue one day or something. That's what Vegeta did with Cabba.

Super Saiyan God is very different from Goku holding Super Saiyan 3 since Super Saiyan God is a weaker form. So Goku isn't holding back power, he's still holding back, just not as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom