• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mediking

DG00ZPFXsAASVke.jpg

Source: kanzenshuu

Only 3 of these I actually even like.

Rutger

Banned
It is the Goku show for exactly this reason. All these characters serve as the hype men for goku. Any powers or developments they get in an arc, while cool, are ultimately meaningless because Goku comes in to save the day anyways.

Even Toriyama tried to change this with Gohan, Goku (and his trusty sidekick vegetables ) still needed to play a role for Gohan to win

So it is pretty much the Goku show, at the end of the day.

No, not really. Unless you think the only thing that actually matters is the final fight I guess.
Goku is the main character so it's not strange that he ends up being a plot device to save the day throughout Z, but that doesn't erase all the events that happen without him.

If Z was truly the Goku show, it wouldn't have bothered spending so much time with him out of the picture, it wouldn't have cared about developing characters outside of him. It's something GT could never figure out and while Super may have been making some progress with this arc, but it's still a far cry from Goku not being a part of the first half of Namik, or Goku doing little more than make things worse and then give a pep-talk in the Cell saga. Letting the main character get the win at the end of an arc is fine, but the moments focusing on side characters are still very important and a big part of what makes some of the best parts in this series work.

I was thinking about the different universes recently. So we can reasonably assume that each universe has their own version of the afterlife and hell and all that.

I wonder what U6's hell and Enma and the oni equivalent look like. Or if the rules from U7 apply to U6 as well.

Well U7 Enma is only in charge of Earth's hell, so the U6 counterpart must be either a newbie or an old guy who was laid off years ago and only got to reprise his job recently when Beerus wished the planet back, lol.

Slaythe

But it's so retarded......
Not only should this have better powers it makes you wonder why Goku turns blue when he has to take a shit.

Seriously remember when he was turnkng blue every chances he got ?

And I don't mean just battles. But even battle wise, in this ToP especially. "Muh stamina" yet he's turned blue 40 times for trivial stuff already.

Sigh

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Not only should this have better powers it makes you wonder why Goku turns blue when he has to take a shit.

And I don't mean just battles. But even battle wise, in this ToP especially. "Muh stamina" yet he's turned blue 40 times for trivial stuff already.

Sigh

But it looks cool.

Skeeter49

Sigh

Rejoice Krillin fans.
Krillin as strong as a god confirmed.
Tien got nothing on him.
Just make this the canon explanation, everyone wins.

I guess the story behind it will be that Blue allows Goku to scale his power anywhere he wants, but SSG is a set power, that Blue can surpass, but drains less stamina and gives him extra speed.

Big One

Banned
My guess is that Goku is going to try pushing beyond his limits speed-wise and for some reason it'll allow him to go SSJ God without him properly transforming into it. Like it'll "awaken" in him when he fights someone like Dyspo, who is likely the fastest guy in the tournament. Then it'll lead to whatever that new red hair form ends up as.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom