• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super:

- Caulifla
- Freeza
- Gohan
- Goku

Overall:

- Gohan (especially Buu Saga)
- Goku (especially as a Kid)
- Picolo
- Goten
- Tienshinhan
GlamorousMasculineJaeger-small.gif

You’re a good person

Sephzilla

Even though the arc itself isnt as good as the Black arc or the Tournament of Power arc, the Universe 6 arc did give me two of my favorite moments in Super thus far

1) Goku bringing the Kaioken out of retirement
2) Piccolo's Special Beam cannon trap

Slaythe

If Goku ends up passing out as many have suggested, and it's up to Gohan Vegeta 17 18 Piccolo and Frieza to save the day until the very end where Goku wakes up and there's a mysterious evil super strong dude that was hiding his power all along, this arc might shape up to be one of the best tbh.

Nevermind Krilin and Tien getting trashed. (Roshi did as good as he could)

Especially since there's only strong characters on our team left so it's a lot more interesting.

Depends on what he does. It needs to be big.

This arc already has 2 strikes for fucking over Krillin and Frost.

17 and Piccolo vs the Namekians : Believe !

Sephzilla

Reasons I like Piccolo:

1) One of the best character arcs in Dragonball
2) Fucking badass look
3) He has probably the most unique moveset out of all the main characters
4) Not a Saiyan
5) I'm a sucker for the villain turned hero thing
6) Gohan's real dad

Honorable mention - Nail and Kami still being alive and talking in Piccolo's head in DBZA is hilarious and something I've basically accepted as head canon

March is too long to wait for the Goku Black Figuarts :( Hope we get Zamasu as well.

Also if we don’t get a Toppo v Gohan pose off in the ToP I will be severely disappointed

Honorable mention - Nail and Kami still being alive and talking in Piccolo's head in DBZA is hilarious and something I've basically accepted as head canon
The WeeklyTubeShow reference in Super Android 13

sogood.gif

I almost just didn't do this because it is basically impossible for me to land on a top 5, but whatev. No particular order.

Goku - I always enjoyed they handle the juxtaposition between his personality and fighting competence, even though I think he's generally more airheady/goofy in Super than I'd like. I also really like how his fighting obsession led him into some selfish assholerly in this arc and how he's the villain of the mortals right now.

Vegeta - That arc, that sass, duh.

Beerus - "Obvious reasons" that I'm too lazy to explain, but some other people already have.

Well nevermind on the other 2. I can't.

Edit: Pretty sure Goku is my number 1. Doesn't mean I want to see him do everything or dislike it when he's sidelined or something. I definitely want to see other characters do more things.

Aiii

So not worth it
I still maintain that the Black arc is the best arc Dragonball has done since Cell (including anything from GT) and that Black is the best Dragonball villain since Frieza

Well you would obviously be right. I do not think this is a rather controversial statement either.

1. Gohan

I grew up with Gohan and I'm always gonna root for him even when he's on his bullshit. Super even got me to like Saiyaman for two episodes so they can always turn him around. Just get him back in his old gi.

2. Piccolo

My black dad since I didn't have one growing up. Also lowkey one of the funniest characters in this series. "My ears do more than frame my face Goku." Dude has jokes.

3. Krillin

His comic relief was always appreciated despite some of his misses and he definitely had those.

4. Vegeta

Definitely one of the most entertaining characters to watch though I didn't really LIKE him until Super. But he was fun to watch, due to his ... um ... complex. So many quotable lines. Great theme.

5. Marron (yes, Krillin's ex)

So, I'm that guy that actually likes the Garlic Jr. Saga. It was short and it was nice to see other characters get some spotlight. It didn't make a whole lot of sense, but neither do any of the sagas that came after it. It was also really funny because Marron provided EXCELLENT comic relief that was well juxtaposed against the seriousness of the situation. Also, after dealing with Chi Chi and Bulma's obnoxiousness it was fun to watch a character dish it back to them for once. Especially Bulma because she was unbearable on Namek. I didn't feel this way until my latest rewatch of Z, but she had me DYING. It was also nice that they didn't overdo the fan service.

Honorable mentions

1. Cabba

After hearing his dub voice, I'm curious to see what they'll do differently with him. Dude is on my radar now.

2. Tournament Announcer Guy from Dragon Ball and the Buu Saga

Great host and funny as hell. And good on him for knowing Mr. Satan was full of shit. Not to mention he stuck around for the Goku/Piccolo fight.

I think that this arc have been easily the best in Super. If only for the more consistent animation, much improved art direction and storyboarding, and of course the introduction of more characters who aren't Goku/Vegeta in a fighting role.

Zalman

I really like Goten. I don't know, just the idea of having him look exactly like Goku after Goku passed away was such an appealing idea to me. Like he lived on through him. And then having him be Trunks' best friend just worked perfectly. I just wish they actually did something with them in Super.

HeroR

For reference:

Best Characters
1.Son Goku: 6,235 points
2.Vegeta: 2,527 points
3.Son Gohan: 2,131 points
4.Trunks: 1,487 points
5.Piccolo: 1,176 points
6.Son Goten: 798 points
7.Kuririn: 736 points
8.Majin Buu: 421 points
9.Freeza: 324 points
10.Android No.18: 204 points
11.Mister Satan: 201 points
12.Karin-sama: 185
13.Kame-sennin: 172 points
14.Cell: 170 points
15.Yamcha: 163 points
16.Tenshinhan: 125
17.Bulma: 112 points
18.Android No.17: 98 points
19.Yajirobe: 93 points
20.Videl: 86 points

For reference:

Best Characters
1.Son Goku: 6,235 points
2.Vegeta: 2,527 points
3.Son Gohan: 2,131 points
4.Trunks: 1,487 points
5.Piccolo: 1,176 points
6.Son Goten: 798 points
7.Kuririn: 736 points
8.Majin Buu: 421 points
9.Freeza: 324 points
10.Android No.18: 204 points
11.Mister Satan: 201 points
12.Karin-sama: 185
13.Kame-sennin: 172 points
14.Cell: 170 points
15.Yamcha: 163 points
16.Tenshinhan: 125
17.Bulma: 112 points
18.Android No.17: 98 points
19.Yajirobe: 93 points
20.Videl: 86 points
This is disturbing I figured he wasn’t well liked. Well he probably isn’t now

It’s always one piece with you brook made it in the US

HeroR

The poll is like 15 years old :p .

I don't think Goten would be 6th in 2017.

I should warn you, just because a character gets a lot cool moments, doesn't mean they will be popular.

One Piece fans found this out when Brook wasn't in the top 10 in the latest Japanese poll despite having several cool moments since Whole Cake Island.

This is disturbing I figured he wasn't well liked. Well he probably isn't now

It's really hard to say since Japanese fans can be fickle at times. All we know for sure is that Goku will always be #1 even if he goes school shooter. Vegeta will be #2 or #3 even if he retires from fighting and opening up a cooking school. Gohan will always be #3 or at worst #6 even if he never fights again. Piccolo will probably never leave the top 5.

Slaythe

I should warn you, just because a character gets a lot cool moments, doesn't mean they will be popular.

One Piece fans found this out when Brook wasn't in the top 10 in the latest Japanese poll despite having several cool moments since Whole Cake Island.

Well "not being featured on the show at all" certainly isn't helping one's popularity either. Especially if you weren't a major hero or antagonist. :p

Given all the online polls (facebook, google plus, twitter) I've seen for Super, 17 has gotten a lot of new fans. That's good enough !

HeroR

He ain't even cute anymore looks like a midget

Goten looks like kid Goku, so of course he looks cute.

Well "not being featured on the show at all" certainly isn't helping one's popularity either. Especially if you weren't a major hero or antagonist. :p

Given all the online polls (facebook, google plus, twitter) I've seen for Super, 17 has gotten a lot of new fans. That's good enough !

Explained Ace from One Piece who has been in the top 10 despite having almost no scene time and dead since 2010. The same with Luffy's other brother Sabo. Hancock a character who haven't been in the story since 2010 or 2011 is in the top 20 and she was never a major villain.

I've been honest, I never met anyone who like 17 outside of his power-set since his combines all the powers of the previous androids.

Slaythe

He ain’t even cute anymore looks like a midget

I feel your pain, after dwarventeen in FighterZ, but Goten is a kid so at least you know he will grow up eventually.

What shocks me is that they made Goten so small compared to kid Trunks, whenever they are next to one another it's so obvious.

caliph95

I feel your pain, after dwarventeen in FighterZ, but Goten is a kid so at least you know he will grow up eventually.

What shocks me is that they made Goten so small compared to kid Trunks, whenever they are next to one another it's so obvious.
Isn't that because Gotenks is Younger

I think they are trying to show the age difference probably went overboard

HeroR

This is disturbing I figured he wasn't well liked. Well he probably isn't now

It's always one piece with you brook made it in the US

I was obviously talking about Japan since the Dragon Ball Forever Poll is also Japan. So why would I used the poll in the US? If you have a US poll for Dragon Ball, I will happily do a comparison to One Piece's US poll.

And I am forbidden from using One Piece as reference?

They both look younger now than in the Buu saga.

So do the rest of the cast. Look at Buu Saga Bulma compared to Super Bulma.

Jinbe did alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom