• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zalman

Goten's height has always been inconsistent. Sometimes he's shown like this:

2QtpcLR.jpg

Other times like this:

Same thing with Bulma and Vegeta. That case is actually more extreme.

True, especially
since he's becoming a Straw Hat
. Jinbe is also naturally awesome.

I don't know, Brook and Franky are just not that popular in Japan. I think only Usopp scored lower then them.

Nah, Usopp did better. I just don't think "skeleton" and "giant cyborg Jim Carrey" appeal more than some of the other characters.

Real Hero

My top 5:
Kid Goku
Roshi
Beerus
Pilaf Gang
Fat Buu

I really like yajirobi and oolong too in the context of their own arcs. Zamasu/Black aswell

Morlas

He was cool in GT.

They didn't do much with him in GT either, and GT adult Trunks wasn't from a ravaged future he was just a nerd who went with Goku and Pan into space....
for some reason people love to ship Trunks and Pan together

I-hate-u

For reference:

Best Characters
1.Son Goku: 6,235 points
2.Vegeta: 2,527 points
3.Son Gohan: 2,131 points
4.Trunks: 1,487 points
5.Piccolo: 1,176 points
6.Son Goten: 798 points
7.Kuririn: 736 points
8.Majin Buu: 421 points
9.Freeza: 324 points
10.Android No.18: 204 points
11.Mister Satan: 201 points
12.Karin-sama: 185
13.Kame-sennin: 172 points
14.Cell: 170 points
15.Yamcha: 163 points
16.Tenshinhan: 125
17.Bulma: 112 points
18.Android No.17: 98 points
19.Yajirobe: 93 points
20.Videl: 86 points

No chibi Trunks in the top 20? ayy lmao

He was cool in GT.

Fam he was pretty much cast aside in that too.

Sephzilla

I feel like Goten exists for two reasons

1) To serve as a bridge to Gotenks, because Kid Trunks on his own fighting alongside Goku and the gang might seem like a stretch.

2) To act as the children self-insert character since Gohan is grown up now.

LotusHD

Banned
I should warn you, just because a character gets a lot cool moments, doesn't mean they will be popular.

One Piece fans found this out when Brook wasn't in the top 10 in the latest Japanese poll despite having several cool moments since Whole Cake Island.

I wonder if Law is pretty much at Ace status now. Also need Carrot to continue climbing upwards.

I'm legit surprised of how many people have Piccolo in their list.

Wow..

Real recognizes real. Also you crazy if you think I wasn't going to list the only black guy.

I honestly place Kid Trunks in the same boat but the issue is that his Alternate Future counterpart took up that role.

He was cool in GT.

IIRC (even though i shouldn't because its GT) he didn't do much there either because of the fuckup that happened (Pan takes his place during the dragonball gathering adventures).

I guess the its the few scenes of his date that was okay? *shrug*

Skeeter49

They have no need they can pace as well as they want here it would be absurd
This whole special will be a day dream Frieza is having of Goku getting pounded by Jiren.

Only for it to end with Goku getting a legendary form, only for it to amount to nothing.

Frieza wakes up from his dream, as 111 begins.

Shit you guys are doing top 5??

I don't even know if I can name a top 5 but I'll try :/

1.Goku
2.Hit
3.Whis
4.Beerus
5.Vegeta

Shit top 5 is so hard, I want Champa, 17 and a bunch of others in there too :/

Daingurse

There are others?

Yes, of course there are others! Vegeta's been my favorite character for many years

1. Vegeta
2. Gohan
3. Future Trunks
4. Goku
5. Tien

Edit: Looks like my #5 is Tien. Just had to think about how painful it's been seeing him in Super, so yeah he's up there for me lol.

LotusHD

Banned
Oh yeah, how'd that turn out?

Badly until like the very end, should've never been a special. Wasn't even expecting much, and I was still grossly disappointed.

Part 2? An emotional masterpiece that has ppl crying. That's the problem tho it had no business being a two parter

Surprised people liked it so much, but then again, I was really butthurt about how much was recycled for the special. When I just watched the fight by itself, as well as Luffy's words afterwards, I was like alright, I'm no longer mad now.

Badly until like the very end, should've never been a special. Wasn't even expecting much, and I was still grossly disappointed.

Surprised people liked it so much, but then again, I was really butthurt about how much was recycled for the special. When I just watched the fight by itself, as well as Luffy's words afterwards, I was like alright, I'm no longer mad now.
This is the general consensus episode 808 would’ve been fine alone easily

Daingurse

There were a few cool things, but overall the special was very weak. How many damn times did they need to show Luffy and Sanji meeting on the Baratie?

LotusHD

Banned
There were a few cool things, but overall the special was very weak. How many damn times did they need to show Luffy and Sanji meeting on the Baratie?

Not to mention we already saw Sanji's past earlier in the same arc, and the Episode of East Blue came out, making it even more fresh in our minds. I'm like... stop it...

Fortunately, Super's should be fine.

Not to mention we already saw Sanji's past earlier in the same arc, and the Episode of East Blue came out, making it even more fresh in our minds. I'm like... stop it...

Don’t care too much about goku vs jiren but the after effects and the animation has me hyped

Daingurse

Will you be my cook

Three kicks

Join my crew be my cook

Kick

Hey so get on
HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT ALL BLUE? Me and my brother were cracking up at that, because they just kept showing the scene. Showing it just once to provide contrast with Sanji in the present would have been fine. You get to see Sanji at his brightest, and most broken. But the more they kept showing it the funnier it got.

Yeah, it was just the worst kind of padding. We've seen this shit before, and recently at that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom