• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zalman

The reason Piccolo and Vegeta take the 1/2 spots on my list is because I feel like they have by far the most actual character development out of everyone in Dragonball. Depending on where Super takes Gohan, Adult Gohan might crack my top 3 as well. I've always vastly preferred Teen/Adult Gohan over Raditz-through-Cell Gohan
Same. Adult Gohan rocks.

My top 5.
1. Caulifla
2. Gohan
3. 18
4. Beerus
5. Future Trunks

Roshi and Vegeta are much higher thanks to Super.Tien is much lower thanks to Super. He use to be in my top 10. 17 is much higher, might be my 6th

Mine.

1.- Piccolo
2.- Goku Black/Zamasu
3.- Krillin
4.- Freeza
5.- Gohan

Shit this was harder than I thought it would be. Vegito, Future Trunks, Ginyu, Roshi, Vegeta, Goku, 18, Cell, Buu and Frost are honorable mentions.

Jmille99

The reason Piccolo and Vegeta take the 1/2 spots on my list is because I feel like they have by far the most actual character development out of everyone in Dragonball. Depending on where Super takes Gohan, Adult Gohan might crack my top 3 as well. I've always vastly preferred Teen/Adult Gohan over Raditz-through-Cell Gohan

Exactly the same for me. I love the villain to hero transition, and love how they played out for Piccolo and Vegeta. It looks like Piccolo has basically stopped, but Vegeta could still have some development (as seen with the birth of Bulla), so Im eager to see where he goes after the ToP.

Morlas

This I ain’t judging the fact nobody has goten on their lists
We can’t even have top 5s without y’all doing that

Goten needs to be in the main action of an arc before i can give him some props though his shopping trip with Goku and his pooning of Saiya Man helped him in my books

Sephzilla

Exactly the same for me. I love the villain to hero transition, and love how they played out for Piccolo and Vegeta. It looks like Piccolo has basically stopped, but Vegeta could still have some development (as seen with the birth of Bulla), so Im eager to see where he goes after the ToP.

Yeah it kind of sucks that Piccolo's character development mostly stops after this

PiccoloShieldingGohan.jpg

But at the same time this was such a great payoff

Freeza
Future Trunks
Hit
Vegeta
Caulifla

These would have to be my top five for Super. Goku probably could of made it for me had Super not dropped the ball so hard with him.

Yep, and the character progression carried over to DBZ was wonderfully done. I love his character arc and he'll always rank #1 to me.

I can see how some can find him grating in Super and some of Z (Super has taken his go dumb attitude too far), but it's totally a mute point when put into the context of his coming of age story.

Well to me that's why I find his behaviour in Super so frustrating sometimes. Goku had loads of great character development and has been Flanderized.

Super Goku is honestly the best against Goku Black/Zamasu. That was the closest we've got to the pure-hearted, carefree but still understanding of the gravity of the situation Goku of old.

Sephzilla

Well to me that's why I find his behaviour in Super so frustrating sometimes. Goku had loads of great character development and has been Flanderized.

Super Goku is honestly the best against Goku Black/Zamasu. That was the closest we've got to the pure-hearted, carefree but still understanding of the gravity of the situation Goku of old.

Yeah, Goku in the Black arc felt like he was more like how he was in DBZ. He acted like he understood how important this was.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
1. Gohan
2. Future Trunks
3. Piccolo
4. Krillin
5. 18

I also really enjoy 16, 17, Goten and Goku was good in the original series as well. Can't stand him in Super though.

HardRojo

I was going to list my top 5, but I realized I'd have to really think hard about it and I've got a mid term exam in a couple of hours, which I only started studying for like an hour ago lol (It's retail management so it ain't that hard tbh).
I'll try and post it later today. Also, as expected, Goku isn't as recurrent as you'd suspect.

Number 1 is Vegeta though. I want to meet Ryo Horikawa one day, hopefully when I travel to Japan in a few years.

Zalman

Ok let me try:

1. Vegeta - Specifically for his development. Loved him in the Buu saga especially.
2. Piccolo - Again for the development. He seems to be the smartest and most reasonable person around, which is funny considering his background.
3. Goku - Boring choice, but he's such a great character when he's not constantly being a dummy (which admittedly is often the case in Super).
4. Gohan - Specifically as an adult. I love seeing him grow throughout the series, going through high school and all that. Just great stuff.
5. Beerus - Best new addition to modern Dragon Ball. Threatening but funny at the same time.

As far as villains go, Goku Black/Zamasu is my favorite. I gotta say though, Frieza in the most recent episodes has increased his rank a bit.

Slaythe

I think everybody likes Beerus and Whis, but it's hard to place them in your top 5 over characters you've known your whole life :p .

Unless the characters are really fitting what you like, so that goes for the new comers (Kale Caulifla etc..) or the forgotten cast (17, roshi etc..).

Sephzilla

I like Beerus because he seems like he's in a perpetual state of trying to not lose his fucking mind around Goku, and I find that amusing.

HeroR

Gohan - Kagari
Vegeta - HardRojo
Piccolo - Undead Fantasy
17 - Slaythe
Goten - Blackleg-sanji1
Kale M.D
Caulifla - Lotus

Who actually even likes Goku,
other than me of course
?

Put me on the misfit island where all the Goku fans are banished to.

Sephzilla

I still maintain that the Black arc is the best arc Dragonball has done since Cell (including anything from GT) and that Black is the best Dragonball villain since Frieza

Top 5

1) Future Trunks
2) Vegeta
3) Goku
4) Piccolo
5) Gohan

Hard not to put Goku in there since I find him to be one of the most inspirational characters in fiction.

HeroR

Well since everyone is making a list:

1) Goku. I also like his character in Super, especially in this arc because I'm a hipster apparently and I loved how savage he is with his 'I don't care' attitude that drives the fan base nuts.

2) Gohan. Yes, I'm harsh with him, but that is mostly because of his fandom tend to downplay his flaws, while making Goku look worst.

3) Krillin. I find his relationship with Goku and Gohan to be some of the best.

4) Goku Black. One of my favorite villains and it's ashamed his scene time was so low compared to other villains.

5) King Piccolo. It was toss up between him and Frieza, but King Piccolo wins for being the first real villain of Dragon Ball, arguably one of the smartest who doesn't run into a lot of flaws that hampers other villains, and coming the closest to winning outside of Buu and Zamasu.

1.Geets
2.Beerus
3.Future Trunks
4.Hercule
5.Piccolo/Kid Goku

Zeno tier: Yajirobe

Adult Goku changes a lot, sometimes I like him a lot l, sometimes he gets on my nerves, I generally didn't have any issues with him in Z.

Zubz

Banned
Wait, are we doing Top 5 characters overall? Or just in Super?

If the former:

1. Piccolo
2. Vegeta
3. Tien
4. Whis
5. Beerus

If the latter:

1. Beerus
2. Vegeta
3. Trunks
4. Roshi
5. Kale

I guess I don't stan enough to be the "Tien" guy, let alone the Kale guy. Gotta step it up.

I had no idea Romars was top tier QT.

We've had so many conversations on the subject at this point tho...
All the other db villains seemed to just be varying levels of crazy. I always appreciated 17 was just in it for the hell of it. Also his fight was the best in the Z series.

Sephzilla

We've had so many conversations on the subject at this point tho...
All the other db villains seemed to just be varying levels of crazy. I always appreciated 17 was just in it for the hell of it. Also his fight was the best in the Z series.

*shakes your hand*

People who recognize that Piccolo vs 17 is the best fight in the series are good people

Super:

- Caulifla
- Freeza
- Gohan
- Goku

Overall:

- Gohan (especially Buu Saga)
- Goku (especially as a Kid)
- Picolo
- Goten
- Tienshinhan

Slaythe

Sephzilla

If I did a Super specific list

1- Black
2- Beerus
3- 17
4- Future Trunks
5- Freiza

What if Piccolo actually does something in this arc, will it top the Black arc for you ?

Piccolo absorbs all of the alternate universe Namekians and then challenges all of the Gods of Destruction at the same time

bvMDciL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom