• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big One

Banned
That Bleach picture makes me forget how shitty it is Tao Pai Pai was forgotten so easily. I know he's probably dead because of the wish in the Boo arc "bring everyone back except for the evil people" or whatever, but they could've written a storyline to suggest Tao Pai Pai reformed his ways after he was defeated by Tenshinhan and maybe we could've gotten him instead of Roshi for the Tournament of Power.

Red Devil

While I like Bleach, its style doesn't lend itself for DB. Tao Pai Pai looks good there but Piccolo and Trunks look horrendous imo.

Tao Pai Pai coming to the community side?

Sy7Y8kc.gif

Sony

Nintendo
I completely forgot about the not bringing back evil people wish. What about the poachers? The people that tried to kill/rob Goku?

HardRojo

Hmm I didn't really choose the best example of Shaky-cam footage as it was a powerup scene where the Shaky-cam *could* work (still find it exaggerated), but they apply it to every combat related scene..

No Shaky-cam=best.

724ea82f6dbb3ac6264b378eb2a2309b93e89d40_hq.jpg

Believe.

This is why we were banished to Community.

Skeeter49

I completely forgot about the not bringing back evil people wish. What about the poachers? The people that tried to kill/rob Goku?

17 and Goku are the evil ones. The poachers and robbers were only trying to do good and save 17 and Goku from their evil ways.

Anth0ny

oh yeah 17 got revived what the hell

tao pai pai could be a... marine biologist. and he's been fending off teenagers who litter into the ocean since dragon ball, which has given him incredible powers.

Skeeter49

tao pai pai could be a... marine biologist. and he's been fending off teenagers who litter into the ocean since dragon ball, which has given him incredible powers.

17 got revived twice.
The confusing thing about 17. He died on King Kai's planet, so when he was brought back to life he should have been wished back where King Kai's planet was.

caliph95

I mean present 17 was just a thug and besides geto who iirc kidnapped them and tried to turn them into slaves for destruction and revenge, him and 18 never killed anyone iirc and only fought z fighters because they attacked right?

Kevinroc

I mean, Vegeta was revived as a part of that wish, and he wasn't exactly the nicest guy before that point.

17 got revived twice.
The confusing thing about 17. He died on King Kai's planet, so when he was brought back to life he should have been wished back where King Kai's planet was.

I always thought the rules of the Dragon Balls were arbitrary principles that Kami/Dende/Shenron chose and applied out their own sense of fairness and morality, rather than being strict, universal, hard-science laws.

I wonder if they will ever give some exposition to that 17 power up.
I imagined he'd have a shonen style internal monologue with flashback when we get to his serious fight of the arc, but super is so lax... I can see them not even bothering with that.

caliph95

I imagined he'd have a shonen style internal monologue with flashback when we get to his serious fight of the arc, but super is so lax... I can see them not even bothering with that.
Training

That's all we are probably going to get

Sony

Nintendo
No wonder they had to go murliverse, there is no interesting villain left on earth or the villain isn't born yet xD

Anth0ny

I always thought the rules of the Dragon Balls were arbitrary principles that Kami/Dende/Shenron chose and applied out their own sense of fairness and morality, rather than being strict, universal, hard-science laws.

exactly. which is why I'd absolutely be able to buy that Tao Pai Pai is somewhere on earth right now, alive, just chillin

Skeeter49

I guess the dragon has a high bar for evil

After King Piccolo, the bar was set to anyone who tries to kill him, evil, anyone who has no intentions of hurting him, redeemable.

No wonder they had to go murliverse, there is no interesting villain left on earth or the villain isn't born yet xD

That's fine, Goku creates his own villains, just give Goku time.

The time nest from Xenoverse is in 17's park. He can go anywhere in history to fight strong villains.
Genki Dama against Buu. There's a history where 17 killed Buu while he was still Buuhan.

Sorry guys I am ok with these super Saiyan 4 pictures

I dont like being in community, I actually have to check my sub page to find the thread now :(

caliph95

After King Piccolo, the bar was set to anyone who tries to kill him, evil, anyone who has no intentions of hurting him, redeemable.

That's fine, Goku creates his own villains, just give Goku time.

The time nest from Xenoverse is in 17's park. He can go anywhere in history to fight strong villains.
Genki Dama against Buu. There's a history where 17 killed Buu while he was still Buuhan.
Are we going to see Future trunks and supreme loli of time

Anth0ny

Math:

Tournament of Power lasts 48 minutes

11 minutes have passed

Started episode 97 (48 min), currently episode 103 (37 min)

If they keep this pace and go all the way to time, the tournament should last approximately 26 episodes total, which means we have 20 episodes to go.

26 episodes seems like a solid length for the tournament tbh. When a couple more universes get eliminated and there's 8 or so big players left standing, we'll basically be looking at a tenkaichi budokai arc from dragon ball, and I expect those characters to get a lot of focus, which means longer fighters. Hopefully multiple episode fights, even.

In other words, the pace of this arc and the passage of time surprisingly makes sense so far.

At this rate you are going to make them close the thread.

At least he's posting Dragon Ball related art. As long as we don't start posting Shrek, Minions or Shadow the Hedgehog related fan art, I think we should be fine...

Sorry guys I am ok with these super Saiyan 4 pictures

I dont like being in community, I actually have to check my sub page to find the thread now :(

That's what I do anyway so it makes no difference to me.

Still don't know how the process works in regards to when/why something will be moved to community.

Skeeter49

Math:

Tournament of Power lasts 48 minutes

11 minutes have passed

Started episode 97 (48 min), currently episode 103 (37 min)

If they keep this pace and go all the way to time, the tournament should last approximately 26 episodes total, which means we have 20 episodes to go.

26 episodes seems like a solid length for the tournament tbh. When a couple more universes get eliminated and there's 8 or so big players left standing, we'll basically be looking at a tenkaichi budokai arc from dragon ball, and I expect those characters to get a lot of focus, which means longer fighters. Hopefully multiple episode fights, even.

In other words, the pace of this arc and the passage of time surprisingly makes sense so far.

At least he's posting Dragon Ball related art. As long as we don't start posting Shrek, Minions or Shadow the Hedgehog related fan art, I think we should be fine...

Yeah, my guess is when there's 10 minutes left, we'll have 8 fighters, 2 from each universe.

I think 2, 11, 6, and 7 all make it to the end with one fighter left.

We're just waiting for 4 and 3 to fall out, and I feel like in 5 episodes it'll be universe 4, and then universe 3 will fall 5 episodes after that. I feel universe 4 will fall mainly by U7, and U3 will fall mainly by U6. Though I still want a Android 16 moment with Gohan fighting U3.

2 and 11 will fighting Universe 6 and 7 members every now and then, slowly eliminating them.

caliph95

Watching Attack of the Saiyan on tfs gaming channel

Vegetables: "Absorbing blutz waves through the eyes at over 17 million zenos cause the tail and the transformation to begin"

Wait Saiyans can absorbs Zeno

I think I know how this arc going to end

Anth0ny

Yeah, my guess is when there's 10 minutes left, we'll have 8 fighters, 2 from each universe.

I think 2, 11, 6, and 7 all make it to the end with one fighter left.

We're just waiting for 4 and 3 to fall out, and I feel like in 5 episodes it'll be universe 4, and then universe 3 will fall 5 episodes after that. I feel universe 4 will fall mainly by U7, and U3 will fall mainly by U6. Though I still want a Android 16 moment with Gohan fighting U3.

2 and 11 will fighting Universe 6 and 7 members every now and then, slowly eliminating them.

Agreed. Final 4 will probably be Goku, Hit, Jiren and Brianne. What will be interesting is who gets the eliminations on who, specifically the more fleshed out universe 6 and 7 characters.

caliph95

Eh I will wait and see but they haven't really played U2 and Ribranne as any sort of real threat or.big players though it might change

Skeeter49

Agreed. Final 4 will probably be Goku, Hit, Jiren and Brianne. What will be interesting is who gets the eliminations on who, specifically the more fleshed out universe 6 and 7 characters.

I'm worried about Hit this coming episode. I feel like someone has to fall besides U11 fighters.

Eh I will wait and see but they haven't really played U2 and Ribranne as any sort of real threat or.big players though it might change
After everyone but her is eliminated, I could see her having an ability where she drains the energy of her universe fighters to get stronger. Zeno allows it because it's her ability.

They did call the magical girl witches in the 102 preview.

It looked like Dypso is in trouble but it's not the first time the previews were misleading

I feel that Dyspo will knock out Hit, the U11 fighter who has the multi lasso jutsu will get knocked out, Dyspo will either be saved by Jiren, or Dyspo will be crying and running back to JIren.

Skeeter49

It's U6 and U7 vs U11 again, you know Dypso and the other guy are losing at the end :/

I feel like the writers need to get rid of Hit soon though. He's OP in a tournament like this, since he can save any of his fighters
unless they're Botamo

The only other fighter from U6 who needs to go might be that doctor, but we still don't know if he's a healer or not.

I could see U11 losing, but even if Dyspo and the magical string guy gets knocked out, I think Hit is going with.

Also because Toei wants to forever fuck over the people who wanted a Jiren vs. Hit fight, Goku vs. Hit rematch, or Vegeta vs. Hit rematch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom