• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Twitter reactions.

h4RBsXH.png

The new ending is the weakest in a while. Shame because the song is amazing, but the whole Goku walking in a 2D plain, growing while the characters appear in the background is just so played out by now. Such an uninspiring storyboard.

The special itself is the best Dragon Ball we got since Majin Vegeta blew himself up. Super is finally on Z level.

Phoenixus

So, are there any popular fan names for this new form yet? Super Saiyan Silver works for me, though Super Saiyan Ultra Instinct sounds badass even if it's a mouthful.

I'm kinda annoyed that the new transformation is black hair, that kind of thing is kinda Gohan's gimmick, especially when he said in super he wanted to find his own path different from super saiyan

honestly... i think these two episodes might be the best two looking dragonball episodes ever made

bar maybe some early saiyan saga stuff

kunonabi

Didnt really care for the second part and the Spirit Bomb never should have been a threat to Goku to begin with but whatever.

The first part though was great. Easily the best animation and direction I've seen from the show.

f0lken

Crazy episodes!!!!!!!

Hit is definitely going for the literal kill with Jiren right, he is so much of a team player that I can see him unlocking his full potential knowing that he would get eliminated/deleted if he kills Jiren, not that I think he has it in him to beat him but it would be cool to see an unleashed Hit

Sciz

Hit gon' get handled.

Freeza's soaking in knowledge like a sponge and I really hope they have a good payoff in mind for that already, because it'll be such a shame if all this buildup gets wasted on him failing to kill Goku a third time.

Toppo was hyping up Jiren before, and the fact that "a mortal stronger than a GoD exists" came up again confirms it. He's the real deal.

Feels like misdirection. There's a lot of arc left to go, and they were pushing the viewers towards taking Whis's assumption at face value hard.

What is the new powerup official name?
Ultra instinct saiyan grey? UISG?

Is it even a powerup or just a new skill?

UI seems to be a proper skill, or a sort of zen state, that a person can attain. The rest of it is Goku getting hopped up on a shitload of energy. They'll probably keep coming hand-in-hand, though.

honestly... i think these two episodes might be the best two looking dragonball episodes ever made

bar maybe some early saiyan saga stuff

I'm hyped as well, but let's all sleep before we go around saying things like that. It's definitely up there, but ... think back.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't seeing "looking", I just saw "best".

kitzkozan

AGITΩ;251313503 said:
these episodes had me grinning so hard. i felt like i kid again reliving the original ssj transformation of goku or gohan going ssj2.

Yup, I honestly didn't expect Dragon Ball to reach those peaks ever again and here we are (raging into ssj, raging into ssj2 Gohan and his monstrous kamehameha or ssj3 Goku against Buu) . :) This is what Dragon Ball is all about since Z and it's nice to see that Toriyama hasn't lost it like Vince Mcmahon did and still remember how to put his main babyface over (and the antagonist as well).

Beerus and the gods crapping their pants needed to happen and that's exactly what happened and it just help cement those classic Dragon Ball moments. ;)

Crazy episodes!!!!!!!

Hit is definitely going for the literal kill with Jiren right, he is so much of a team player that I can see him unlocking his full potential knowing that he would get eliminated/deleted if he kills Jiren, not that I think he has it in him to beat him but it would be cool to see an unleashed Hit

I want to see an Ultra Instinct Hit.

WHAT DID I JUST WATCH?

I1M LITERALLY CRYING

I'M DONE

THANK YOU DRAGON BALL FOR BEING A THING

THANK YOU AKIRA TORIYAMA

Everything was SO perfect. This isn't just something SUPER good, this was DRAGON BALL good. I'M CRYING

f0lken

Everything was SO perfect. This isn't just something SUPER good, this was DRAGON BALL good. I'M CRYING

This is where I am, Zamasu arc was great, but with this special I think we finally have something on par with the best episodes of the OG/Z, and the tournament is not even close to be over!

Syntsui

I can barely contain my excitement and I already finished both episodes. Super is finally redeemed for me, this is top 3 best moment of the entire franchise.

What I didn't like though is how they fucking ruined the cliffhanger with the NEP. What a disgraceful pointless cliffhanger.

This is where I am, Zamasu arc was great, but with this special I think we finally have something on par with the best episodes of the OG/Z, and the tournament is not even close to be over!

Can you imagine the climax of this arc? And I bet we will still get a huge plot twist. Dragon Ball is really fucking back.

Thorzilla

Man, what an AMAZING episode!

However, I still don't quite understand what Goku did to power up as he clearly didn't absorb the Genkidama. What was it then?

Ashodin

What is the new powerup official name?
Ultra instinct saiyan grey? UISG?

Is it even a powerup or just a new skill? Did the writers finally make Goku surpass Beerus, a bit soon. Whis mentioned Goku power level is a tree, while Beerus is a jungle, but this new skill can overcome the power difference, ala Hit time skip?

It is going to be way harder to draw than lazy blue though.

Just Ultra Instinct. It allows him to react without thinking. It's not a new form or anything, it's a VERY difficult technique to learn that magnifies one's abilities beyond anything.

His Saiyan body is reacting with silver eyes (likely to show you that it's in effect)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Rewatched it. 109 was definitely better. Can't say the new ability comes anywhere near the first time we saw SSJ or SSJ2 for me though. That said, they definitely did a good job of making Jiren really intimidating.

Nah, here's what I think.

This seems a bit far-fetched, but would be really cool. Frieza forcefully shooting him up with a̶d̶r̶e̶n̶a̶l̶i̶n̶e̶ energy.

If they play it as Jiren having to fight his way through, in order to stop Goku before he's fully restored, that's going to be incredible.

Frieza's the MVP of this tournament. Is he a Toriyama favorite or something?! He's been shining in all of his scenes.

Hard to hate the best villain ever, he's just so EVIL!

Can't wait to see what hit can do, while it'd be rad to see him take out Jiren I don't see them handling it that way, it's gotta be a Goku, Goku & Gohan, or a full universe 7 (or even a full ever universe against Joren sorta deal)

As someone who stopped watching Super right as they were about to get Freiza to join I'm going into this obviously missing some context but...

Why are people losing their mind over these episodes? I mean I like Dragon Ball as much as the next guy but Supers quality has been extremely hit or miss and I can pretty much say that for these episodes as well, lots of people standing around doing nothing, animation quality can be super amazing at times but also absolute trash at others.

So Goku got a new transformation... My question is so what? I mean it looked cool and was animated well but was this surprising to everyone or something? I admit that elements of it certainly looked pretty great and I really liked Jiran's various abilities and yeah Goku reaching the level of the gods is certainly interesting and all but why does everyone find that so special now? Super Saiyan God, Blue, Blue + Kaio Ken, we've seen plenty of power ups before for Goku saying his power rivals the gods what makes so many people say this is taking it to another level?

Again maybe I'm missing context here since I haven't seen any of the previous fights but this didn't seem all that special to me, certainly not the SSJ scene for Goku or SSJ2 for Gohan both of which were much more character driven then what we saw here. It was just yet another transformation that allows Goku to fight on the same level as the current strongest person just like pretty much every previous powerup so I really don't get what so special about this. So if someone can explain it to me I'd appreciate that.

Was it possible to avoid seeing this new form before this week?

Yes, by not visiting this thread. I don't watch previews for upcoming episodes because they reveal way too much, and this forum seems to be terrible with Super spoilers in general anyway, so I'm surprised I wasn't spoiled elsewhere on GAF lol.

Also didn't see anything on Twitter and I click "Not Interested" on YouTube DBS thumbnails.

Ashodin

Rewatched it. 109 was definitely better. Can't say the new ability comes anywhere near the first time we saw SSJ or SSJ2 for me though. That said, they definitely did a good job of making Jiren really intimidating.

Him no selling everything and still rekt'ing Goku made my day

Top Bottom